Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Does Anyone Here Own A Radio Station?

Started by Bricktop, June 11, 2015, 08:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Cos if you do, I'd sell it. Fast.

Broadcast radio as a music source is a dead duck. Finito. Gone.

Apple Music will render it obsolete, as it did to the Walkman, VCR, printed book and CD's.

Also, if you own a recording label, that too will be in difficulty. Apple Music will connect artists directly to the audience. There will be no need to publish music via analogue medium.

Artists will no longer depend on their recording company to reach an audience, or sweetheart deals with commercial radio stations. Record an album, publish it to Apple Music...voila...

RW

Isn't Apple the name of the Beatles label?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Cos if you do, I'd sell it. Fast.

Apple Music will render it obsolete, as it did to the Walkman, VCR, printed book and CD's.

Also, if you own a recording label, that too will be in difficulty. Apple Music will connect artists directly to the audience. There will be no need to publish music via analogue medium.

Artists will no longer depend on their recording company to reach an audience, or sweetheart deals with commercial radio stations. Record an album, publish it to Apple Music...voila...

I like listening to local radio in my car.

@realAzhyaAryola

Spectre, my Dad managed a TV and radio station for many years and then ended up as its anchorman. I grew up knowing the ins and outs of radio/tv statons, yet, not one of those stations can give me a copy of my Dad's last newscast. I feel so cheated what with the age of Youtube and I can't get a video of my Dad as a keepsake? Sigh.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Spectre, my Dad managed a TV and radio station for many years and then ended up as its anchorman. I grew up knowing the ins and outs of radio/tv statons, yet, not one of those stations can give me a copy of my Dad's last newscast. I feel so cheated what with the age of Youtube and I can't get a video of my Dad as a keepsake? Sigh.

That would make me sad too Azhya.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Yes. Your point is?

Kind of ironic.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Spectre, my Dad managed a TV and radio station for many years and then ended up as its anchorman. I grew up knowing the ins and outs of radio/tv statons, yet, not one of those stations can give me a copy of my Dad's last newscast. I feel so cheated what with the age of Youtube and I can't get a video of my Dad as a keepsake? Sigh.

That's a shame.

I thought they kpet copies of all newscasts.

I guess in the days of analogue, that would be far too difficult and expensive.

@realAzhyaAryola

I just want one, please, even if its just a few seconds...
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Well, better record it for replay...because if they are a music channel, they are dead men walking. Apple Music and its predictable rivals will kill music radio. Yakback will still have an audience, but public broadcasting as a means of music access is terminally in decline.

I should remind you that Apple is developing a complete car entertainment system that integrates with ALL their entertainment services.

https://www.apple.com/au/ios/carplay/">https://www.apple.com/au/ios/carplay/

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

Well, better record it for replay...because if they are a music channel, they are dead men walking. Apple Music and its predictable rivals will kill music radio. Yakback will still have an audience, but public broadcasting as a means of music access is terminally in decline.

I should remind you that Apple is developing a complete car entertainment system that integrates with ALL their entertainment services.

It's a variety of music, news, weather, traffic reports and talk.

Bricktop

Well, like all radio stations, its survival will depend on audience size which in turns attracts sponsorship. If audience size diminishes because the audience wishes to listen to music elsewhere, then its a dead duck.

Anonymous

Well, like all radio stations, its survival will depend on audience size which in turns attracts sponsorship. If audience size diminishes because the audience wishes to listen to music elsewhere, then its a dead duck.

I will tell all my friends to listen to it then.