Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Surprise Kitchen

Started by RW, June 15, 2015, 11:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Fake or not, do you think this woman's reaction was outrageous or warranted?

Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

She was thoroughly disappointed for sure and could have handled it a lot better. But who needs two stoves and two coffee machines? Unless they entertain a lot.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Fake or not, do you think this woman's reaction was outrageous or warranted?

She is not very appreciative is she.

Annie

Maybe she just wasn't into surprises?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

kiebers

With no back story...outrageous. Ungrateful.

Having said that I would have hoped there had been discussions about colors and quantities somewhere along the line. I also doubt the depth of her feelings for her spouse the way she did react. People there and she treated him like dirt.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

I applaud her for her ability to keep her cool in the face of total and complete shock.  Personally, I would have had a shit fit and a half if my husband had dropped $60,000 on a kitchen that he did not consult me on and one that I hated.  

You tell me which one of you would have reacted better than she did because it sure as hell wouldn't have been me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I applaud her for her ability to keep her cool in the face of total and complete shock.  Personally, I would have had a shit fit and a half if my husband had drop $60,000 on a kitchen that he did not consult me on and one that I hated.  

You tell me which one of you would have reacted better than she did because it sure as hell wouldn't have been me.

K, I missed that part. That is an important detail.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Fake or not, do you think this woman's reaction was outrageous or warranted?

I would still try to make my husband feel happy even if I didn't agree with his decision.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I applaud her for her ability to keep her cool in the face of total and complete shock.  Personally, I would have had a shit fit and a half if my husband had dropped $60,000 on a kitchen that he did not consult me on and one that I hated.  

Alright, ac_toofunny  if your husband gutted the kitchen and was making renovations, where would you have been? I know if it were me, I would have had my fat bossy ass in the middle of it telling him or the contractor that I was unhappy with what was going on during construction. I'm sure you would have done the same.

What kind of an idiot let's some guy make all the decisions when renovating your kitchen. Is she some kind of a vapid kept woman? Unless the husband is the one using the kitchen exclusively, he better just STFU and give the wife control over at least some of it's working features, finishes, etc. I don't mean to be harsh but any guy that wouldn't consult you for a major house renovation like that is obviously an inconsiderate, sexist ass.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

She was away on a trip for a week and she came back to a new kitchen.  She had no idea he had even done it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

But...but...but   It's the thought that counts.

ac_toofunny
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

@realAzhyaAryola

They are both annoying. Maybe this is fake. Anyway, he should have consulted her and she should have been more appreciative. I don't like surprises either unless it's the kind I like. This reminds me of when guys grab a packaged "gift" at the department store to give to their girlfriends just because it's there already, packed and ready, without considering they may not like it. They did not have to use their brains. A gift like that which did not take any effort--such as carefully picking out a gift that you know your boyfriend/girlfriend likes--is lame to me.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]