Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

U.S. Same Sex Marriage

Started by RW, June 26, 2015, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"When your backwater ignorant bigots want to move here to avoid gay marriage, it becomes my business.

I'm sorry Renee but it's SHOCKING how behind the times the U.S. is in terms of sexual laws.  That's why we comment.

I don't give a fuck what you think or any of your Canadian brethren think.

I've been thinking about pulling out of this forum for a while now, I have no patience for this anymore. So I think this clinches it.

I'm sick and tired how you people north of the border look down your noses at us. I've lived closed enough to the Canadian border and for enough years to know that you people are no gems in terms of smarts as well. So I have no idea where you come off with your shit. I don't suppose you have ever noticed that all the scumbags, nutjobs, whiners and morons on Van were and are all Canadian, SMP, Mel, Soon, Munday, evs, etc. Now they're a bunch to be proud of. :laugh:

Enjoy and good luck, I'm out of here.

:2r4ml1j_th:

Sorry you feel that way Renee....

@realAzhyaAryola

:yahoo:  :JC_howdy:  ac_dance  ac_hithere Good morning!

Renee will be back. She is part of the constitution here. This place is not the same without Renee.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

keeper

:JC_howdy: Good Morning Azhya, I hope your right

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Western countries are so fucked up.

kiebers

Maybe so. But when the highest federal court in the nation oversteps its boundaries it becomes a concern. Our governments, state and federal, are set up the way they are for a reason. Doesn't matter what other countries/people think of it because it's not their country. Fortunately or unfortunately things like marriage are the states purview. What concerns me the most is our federal government taking liberties with our constitution that they are not allowed to. You just don't arbitrarily trample states rights and it's scary when they assume they can do that with no repercussions.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Like all Suprene Courts ahead of it, yours has ruled denying gay marriage is DISCRIMINATORY.  Do states dictate what is or isn't discrimination or is that a federal issue?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

States banning same-sex marriage is similar to when states banned interracial marriage. Gays and lesbians are citizens, and it's unconstitutional to deny them the same rights as heterosexuals.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

States Rights appear to be an illusion in your country.

Actually I wonder why one group (and a small % of the population) is allowed to dictate the social mores and marriage laws of everyone else. I don't see why marriage has to be redefined to accommodate them. There should be two institutions of marriage, one for gay, the other straight, because they are fundamentally different.

No one says anything about the defacto separate but equal status of women, but clearly, it does exist. Separate washrooms, changerooms, organizations, institutions, social services, branches of medical science devoted to them. And society is no lesser for that arrangement, and proves that separate but equal can and does work with respect to the male and female genders of society. Also, they hold down many of the same jobs as men and often make as much ore than they do.

Quote from: "Renee"First let me say that I personally could not care less if two gay people what to fuck up their lives with a contractual marriage. It's their business, they are allowed to be stupid if they so want.

But this supreme court ruling is wrong. It is wrong on a consitutional and legal level. They have interpreted something in the US Constitution that doesn't exist. It just another ruling in a long line of federal laws that impinges upon a state's right to govern itself. The federal government has no business involving itself in telling the state's how or what the definition of marriage should be. And being that it is built on dubious constitutional grounds and it is a clear infringement of state's rights, it is unenforceable.

Furthermore I believe at least two of the justices in the past have presided over same sex marriages. I fear that they allowed personal bias to influence their decisions. On ethics alone, they should have stepped out and excused themselves from the deliberation.

Romero

Quote from: "Frank"Actually I wonder why one group (and a small % of the population) is allowed to dictate the social mores and marriage laws of everyone else. I don't see why marriage has to be redefined to accommodate them. There should be two institutions of marriage, one for gay, the other straight, because they are fundamentally different.

The social mores and marriage laws of everyone else have not changed in any way, and it doesn't affect you in any way. What's been so different in the ten years of same-sex marriage being legal in Canada? Nothing! Heck, you wouldn't even have noticed if you weren't told about it.

They are not fundamentally different. Marriage is two consenting adults agreeing to be married.

You should move on and start bitching about "traditional divorce".

@realAzhyaAryola

How about if I say to the gay throng, "Now that you've all got what you want, why don't you all fuck off and leave us all alone!" :laugh3:

Just kidding. I hope my gay brother finds a loving partner some day. He deserves someone to love him because he is loving himself.
@realAzhyaAryola

J0E

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"How about if I say to the gay throng, "Now that you've all got what you want, why don't you all fuck off and leave us all alone!" :laugh3:

....unfortunately Asia, this is only the beginning.

Now that the LGBTQ crowd has redefined marriage, now they'll be after your precious female identity as well.

...what's a woman, will be the next battleground. And heck why do we need womens washrooms?

A tranny's jes' the same as a woman ain't it?

They won't stop, gay marriage jes the beginning, not the end.

Expect your country to turn into this ultra politically correct and socially divided place in the future.

keeper

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"How about if I say to the gay throng, "Now that you've all got what you want, why don't you all fuck off and leave us all alone!" :laugh3:

....unfortunately Asia, this is only the beginning.

Now that the LGBTQ crowd has redefined marriage, now they'll be after your precious female identity as well.

...what's a woman, will be the next battleground. And heck why do we need womens washrooms?

A tranny's jes' the same as a woman ain't it?

They won't stop, gay marriage jes the beginning, not the end.

Expect your country to turn into this ultra politically correct and socially divided place in the future.

righhhhhht  :crazy: