Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Spring Is Here! In Vancouver

Started by Annie, February 13, 2016, 01:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Renee"We have temps of around 17°F with wind chills of 10 below 0°F this weekend. I just got in from stacking a cord of wood and I'm frozen to the bone.

No spring in sight here.

Do you cut your own Renee?

God no. I have it delivered.

My dad knows an excavator/landscaper who always has an ass load of split wood. He delivers it for a reasonable price.

Good thing too because the two wood stoves in the house provide the lion share of the heat in this place.

I knew you were a city gal, but I know some city people take the pick up and chainsaw out of town and get their own.

I'm not entirely a city girl but I'm no lumberjack either. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"We have temps of around 17°F with wind chills of 10 below 0°F this weekend. I just got in from stacking a cord of wood and I'm frozen to the bone.

No spring in sight here.

My dad knows an excavator/landscaper who always has an ass load of split wood. He delivers it for a reasonable price.

Good thing too because the two wood stoves in the house provide the lion share of the heat in this place.

I knew you were a city gal, but I know some city people take the pick up and chainsaw out of town and get their own.

I thought you lived in a city?

Renee

No spring in sight here.

I thought you lived in the Jersey suburbs of NYC?

I do but people don't realize how rual parts of NJ are. When you tell people you are from NJ, most everyone thinks of the shore part of Jersey and the NJ Turnpike. That's only one small sample of the state.

Where I grew up there were no sidewalks or street lights and neighborhood bordered  State forest land and water shed property. There wasn't even a town police department, we depended state police. There wasn't even a HS in our town. I went to a regional school that was shared by several towns in the county.

Once you get about 30 miles outside NYC or away from the northeast urban part of the state, things are very different.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

No spring in sight here.

I do but people don't realize how rual parts of NJ are. When you tell people you are from NJ, most everyone thinks of the shore part of Jersey and the NJ Turnpike. That's only one small sample of the state.

Where I grew up there were no sidewalks or street lights and neighborhood bordered  State forest land and water shed property. There wasn't even a town police department, we depended state police. There wasn't even a HS in our town. I went to a regional school that was shared by several towns in the county.

Once you get about 30 miles outside NYC or away from the northeast urban part of the state, things are very different.

I didn't know that Renee..

Personally, I think of urban sprawl for 100 kilometres in any direction of Manhattan.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

No spring in sight here.

Personally, I think of urban sprawl for 100 kilometres in any direction of Manhattan.

That's the common perception. But if you get to the northwest or western part of the state or to the south into the pine barrens, you can get lost in the woods for days. In fact the pine barrens have been known to swallow up hikers never to be seen again.

Don't get me wrong, its not the Pacific Northwest but it's still pretty rual in many areas.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

No spring in sight here.

That's the common perception. But if you get to the northwest or western part of the state or to the south into the pine barrens, you can get lost in the woods for days. In fact the pine barrens have been known to swallow up hikers never to be seen again.

Don't get me wrong, its not the Pacific Northwest but it's still pretty rual in many areas.

I didn't know that Renee.

Anonymous

Annie

It's chilly and raining today....so much for the warm sunshine   :sad:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

It's currently 6°F here. It fucking sucks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"It's currently 6°F here. It fucking sucks.

I had to remember you mean six Fahrenheit. That is chilly being close to the ocean.

Anonymous

It has been such a beautiful month here.