Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "RW"So?  

I don't want to raise my kids in a white washed bubble.  I find that to be a closed minded and ignorant approach.  

My kids.  My prerogative.

I'm also definitely not in the minority when it comes to Christianity dictating a child's educational path.
 So your kids, your perogitive. But you take issue with people whose perogitive is Christianity?  My kids are Christian.  That's our perogitive. Are we out in the streets dancing with snakes and speaking in tongues?  No. Well .. .not today lol

Do you see me bitching about how you raise your kids or what you expose them to?  No, you don't.  If you did have a speaking in tongues parade (there are many religious parades all over the world), you wouldn't hear me bitching about it.  I'm fine with diversity.  Why aren't you?
 Who said I'm not? I can celebrate diversity without prancing around in public naked during daylight hours. Why can't you?

What makes her belief lesser than yours? I'm curious.
 Who said it was? My point is that public places ate for everyone and should neutral and safe for everyone.

So public places should be stripped of any religious symbolism or monuments,  right? Fair is fair.
 No. Keep your clothes on in public places and cry about it. The problem I'm having is the idea that all forms of human expression should be permitted any time any place. Would it be fair if I expressed my bowels any public place I wished?  We all have sex. There is a time and place for that. And it isn't right out on main street during lunch hours.  I'm not preaching against a gay festival, so much as the conduct.

How did the discussion of public parades and festivities in the West turn into a discussion about what more often happens in Rio during Carnival along the side streets? Western gay and lesbians are defecating and having  street sex now?  ac_toofunny

You didn't answer my question.

How come your beliefs allow you to make demands on other people's behaviors which don't subscribe to your opinions of them?
 This has been a discussion about overly sexual conduct that occurs in gay festivals in public during daylight hours. That's what the discussion is. Don't try to turn it into something else. I have no issues with gay festivals. I have issues with in your face sexuality outside of a proper time/place. Why is that unreasonable?

RW

I heard an annual gay pride parade is that time and place.

Why is that unreasonable?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I heard an annual gay pride parade is that time and place.

Why is that unreasonable?

Why is it unreasonable to compromise and save the nudity and sexual antics for night time?

RW

Because it's a parade and despite the rumours, gays can't see in the dark either.

DERP.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Because it's a parade and despite the rumours, gays can't see in the dark either.

DERP.

So you are saying homosexuals are incapable of having a parade with clothes on and waiting until nightfall before breaking out blow up dildos?  See its unwillingness to compromise with others.  You want respect that are not willing to give.

RW

The compromise is THEY ONLY DO THIS ONCE A YEAR IN A DESIGNATED LOCATION.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "RW"So?  

I don't want to raise my kids in a white washed bubble.  I find that to be a closed minded and ignorant approach.  

My kids.  My prerogative.

I'm also definitely not in the minority when it comes to Christianity dictating a child's educational path.
 So your kids, your perogitive. But you take issue with people whose perogitive is Christianity?  My kids are Christian.  That's our perogitive. Are we out in the streets dancing with snakes and speaking in tongues?  No. Well .. .not today lol

Do you see me bitching about how you raise your kids or what you expose them to?  No, you don't.  If you did have a speaking in tongues parade (there are many religious parades all over the world), you wouldn't hear me bitching about it.  I'm fine with diversity.  Why aren't you?
 Who said I'm not? I can celebrate diversity without prancing around in public naked during daylight hours. Why can't you?

What makes her belief lesser than yours? I'm curious.
 Who said it was? My point is that public places ate for everyone and should neutral and safe for everyone.

So public places should be stripped of any religious symbolism or monuments,  right? Fair is fair.
 No. Keep your clothes on in public places and cry about it. The problem I'm having is the idea that all forms of human expression should be permitted any time any place. Would it be fair if I expressed my bowels any public place I wished?  We all have sex. There is a time and place for that. And it isn't right out on main street during lunch hours.  I'm not preaching against a gay festival, so much as the conduct.

How did the discussion of public parades and festivities in the West turn into a discussion about what more often happens in Rio during Carnival along the side streets? Western gay and lesbians are defecating and having  street sex now?  ac_toofunny

You didn't answer my question.

How come your beliefs allow you to make demands on other people's behaviors which don't subscribe to your opinions of them?
 This has been a discussion about overly sexual conduct that occurs in gay festivals in public during daylight hours.

Gay festivals aren't flash mob festivals. Permits are applied for, venues, grounds, and events are outlined-advertised to the public well in advance, and it's an outward celebration of sexuality which until recent history was disparaged and its constituents imprisoned, degraded, tortured, discriminated against, and even killed. The irony of what you expect from participants of these sort of events is that they continue to live in the closet in the one moment in time per year which they openly celebrate their sexualities.

Most festival goers are conservatively clothed and wouldn't look out of place at the beach (clothed or nude). Those that aren't, have the benefit of declared venue perimeters and lax policing. Open sex on the street is virtually non existent and looked down on by most of the other party goers when it rarely if ever happens. I've heard of people in cars or bushes getting accidentally sprung by onlookers, but never a favela orgie. Sure, there's lots of pashing, hugging, dancing, commando breasts, gaudy G-strings and occasional gropes. Nothing you wouldn't also see at a concert, dance, 411 event, nude beach, or music festival which also occur on public grounds with permits or nuances of them.

QuoteThat's what the discussion is. Don't try to turn it into something else. I have no issues with gay festivals. I have issues with in your face sexuality outside of a proper time/place. Why is that unreasonable?

"Proper time/place" is the unreasonable aspect of your argument. The proper time and place were set aside for such gay pride events and it wasn't anywhere near your suburban street or local strip mall.

You don't have any grounds to protest because it's a nonevent unless you make it into one, or make it into one with your children, which according to your "proper time/place" pov, would be bad parenting on your part (if you find being tolerant of others a drag).  :001_tongue:

Attend, don't attend, it's up to you. Learn to live with that.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

So you can't cry "bigot" over numerous amounts of people who find homosexuality trashy and forceful. What is happening is one group of people taking it upon themselves to redfine sensitive topics like modern day nazis, telling people their values and comfort levels need to conform and "get with the times".   It's unreasonable to expect people at a homosexual parade to keep things decent in a public place in broad day light. Maybe because the stereotype of homosexuals being raging, deviant perverts is true, and you fight that stereotype by enforcing it as much as possible. Makes perfect sense.

RW

Oh fuck!  The Nazi card.

:laugh3:

It's unreasonable for you to expect something you won't ever participate in to change because it offends your delicate sensibilities.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"So you can't cry "bigot" over numerous amounts of people who find homosexuality trashy and forceful. What is happening is one group of people taking it upon themselves to redfine sensitive topics like modern day nazis, telling people their values and comfort levels need to conform and "get with the times".   It's unreasonable to expect people at a homosexual parade to keep things decent in a public place in broad day light. Maybe because the stereotype of homosexuals being raging, deviant perverts is true, and you fight that stereotype by enforcing it as much as possible. Makes perfect sense.

I have virtually no idea what you're on about and I'm sure you have even less.

What part of the theme "attend the festivities or don't, your choice, but stop bitching about other peoples behaviors" isn't getting through to you?

If you find quotients of homosexuality grotesque, fair enough. Don't engage in it. Just remember that in all likelihood, parts of your own ethos are reviled by others. You're going to get blowback and it's not going to be pleasant.

Quote from: "RW"Oh fuck!  The Nazi card.

:laugh3:

It's unreasonable for you to expect something you won't ever participate in to change because it offends your delicate sensibilities.

You beat me to it.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The whole "gay way or no way" thing kinda inspires that word, yes. It IS nazi-ish. Unwillingness to compromise is not a good thing.  And you guys are responding to my statements as though I'm an activist. I'm not. I have a right to disagree, and be dismayed that our public standards of decency are dropping to the level of a Roman bath house.  I see it as going further down the slippery slope. And it really does enforce the stereotype.  My sensibilities certainly aren't "senstive".  I was a stripper in new Orleans and I'm a recovering heroin addict.  And my post that you didn't understand was basically pointing out blow back. There is a good growing group of homosexuals embarrassed by this as well.  But who cares about how others feel about what gets done in public streets in broad daylight?

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"The whole "gay way or no way" thing kinda inspires that word, yes. It IS nazi-ish. Unwillingness to compromise is not a good thing.  And you guys are responding to my statements as though I'm an activist. I'm not. I have a right to disagree,

I'll sincerely say that of course you have that right.

Quoteand be dismayed that our public standards of decency are dropping to the level of a Roman bath house.  I see it as going further down the slippery slope. And it really does enforce the stereotype.

What if others don't see eye to eye on your views of what public decency standards are or should be? My whole point has been that you're not forced to attend publicized events yet you have some issues with them none the less.

QuoteMy sensibilities certainly aren't "senstive".  I was a stripper in new Orleans and I'm a recovering heroin addict.  And my post that you didn't understand was basically pointing out blow back. There is a good growing group of homosexuals embarrassed by this as well.  But who cares about how others feel about what gets done in public streets in broad daylight?

Well done on getting away from soft core prostitution and the crank. I personally feel that neither do the participant any good in the long run but that's just me, and you, and we're agreeing on something. However I wouldn't object if you were just embarking down that path. It's not me and doesn't affect me. I would never take my children anywhere I knew narcotics were being consumed or scantily clad women were floundering in life around a metal pole. Free will should trump nearly all things.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Again, the compromise is they do this once a year at a designated time and location but you STILL have a problem with it so yeah, suck it up.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"The whole "gay way or no way" thing kinda inspires that word, yes. It IS nazi-ish. Unwillingness to compromise is not a good thing.  And you guys are responding to my statements as though I'm an activist. I'm not. I have a right to disagree,

I'll sincerely say that of course you have that right.

Quoteand be dismayed that our public standards of decency are dropping to the level of a Roman bath house.  I see it as going further down the slippery slope. And it really does enforce the stereotype.

What if others don't see eye to eye on your views of what public decency standards are or should be? My whole point has been that you're not forced to attend publicized events yet you have some issues with them none the less.

QuoteMy sensibilities certainly aren't "senstive".  I was a stripper in new Orleans and I'm a recovering heroin addict.  And my post that you didn't understand was basically pointing out blow back. There is a good growing group of homosexuals embarrassed by this as well.  But who cares about how others feel about what gets done in public streets in broad daylight?

Well done on getting away from soft core prostitution and the crank. I personally feel that neither do the participant any good in the long run but that's just me, and you, and we're agreeing on something. However I wouldn't object if you were just embarking down that path. It's not me and doesn't affect me. I would never take my children anywhere I knew narcotics were being consumed or scantily clad women were floundering in life around a metal pole. Free will should trump nearly all things.
The public standard of decent has always been that nudity and sexual behavior doesn't happen out in public places during times where everyone is out and about. Why does this get changed by one group? Why should other people with free will be pushed out of public areas to avoid this content?  Why can't people wait until night so that people actually have a choice instead of forced options?   And with the attitude like "it doesn't affect me unless I go looking for it if I chose"  is why, well....if you don't want your kids around places where narcotics are consumed, you better remove them from school. Because heroin is now epidemic.

RW

Because they are celebrating their sexuality being out in the open.

And again I ask, why do you care?
Beware of Gaslighters!