Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Why do they trump everyone else?

Anonymous

And everyone has sex. It's not a special talent. Running around with your body hanging out for the whole city to see, dressing up like Jesus and making out with people, it's uncouth. I have sexuality too....everyone does.  Why shove it down throats by acting out in it in a public place in the middle of the day when you can do it at night or in a private venue?  Could it be....attention?  Antagonizing?

keeper

How are they shoving it down your throat? If you DONT want to see it DONT GO. Pretty simple really....

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dove"The whole "gay way or no way" thing kinda inspires that word, yes. It IS nazi-ish. Unwillingness to compromise is not a good thing.  And you guys are responding to my statements as though I'm an activist. I'm not. I have a right to disagree,

I'll sincerely say that of course you have that right.

Quoteand be dismayed that our public standards of decency are dropping to the level of a Roman bath house.  I see it as going further down the slippery slope. And it really does enforce the stereotype.

What if others don't see eye to eye on your views of what public decency standards are or should be? My whole point has been that you're not forced to attend publicized events yet you have some issues with them none the less.

QuoteMy sensibilities certainly aren't "senstive".  I was a stripper in new Orleans and I'm a recovering heroin addict.  And my post that you didn't understand was basically pointing out blow back. There is a good growing group of homosexuals embarrassed by this as well.  But who cares about how others feel about what gets done in public streets in broad daylight?

Well done on getting away from soft core prostitution and the crank. I personally feel that neither do the participant any good in the long run but that's just me, and you, and we're agreeing on something. However I wouldn't object if you were just embarking down that path. It's not me and doesn't affect me. I would never take my children anywhere I knew narcotics were being consumed or scantily clad women were floundering in life around a metal pole. Free will should trump nearly all things.

The public standard of decent has always been that nudity and sexual behavior doesn't happen out in public places during times where everyone is out and about.

So you're objecting to limited events in the public domain and previously broadcast to alert others (whether participation was sought or not)?

What are you feelings on http://www.spencertunick.com/">http://www.spencertunick.com/ ?

What about nude beaches?

What are your feelings about the social phenomenon known as the original Woodstock?

Why are you happy to moderate what your children watch movie wise but object to what could be happening in the CBD you're not visiting during certain time slots?

These are just a few examples to illustrate a main point. You either apply for membership or buy a pass, or you don't. This daylight/nightlight scenario you propose doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

QuoteWhy does this get changed by one group? Why should other people with free will be pushed out of public areas to avoid this content?

Why do people have to endure wedding and funeral motorcades? Why should charities get the green light to shut down main artery roads for fun runs or other revenue raising exploits? Why should a bunch of morons dressed up in red, white, and blue be allowed to book parades every July 4th and bring the traffic network to its knees?

QuoteWhy can't people wait until night so that people actually have a choice instead of forced options?   And with the attitude like "it doesn't affect me unless I go looking for it if I chose"  is why, well....if you don't want your kids around places where narcotics are consumed, you better remove them from school. Because heroin is now epidemic.

Ice is Australia's latest, not heroin.

Why do your perceptions and arguments revolve around others being North American like you? Are there no other sorts in your estimations? Do I need a permit, should I file for a yearly open international day to air my point of view, and would you approve of it even if it had jack shit to do with your real day to day life? Would it be any different should I post my scathing critiques of your lack of logic during the day, which would be your hemisphere night, which might placate your public daytime decency clause?

Are you required to participate in this exchange against your will, have your children read any of it, and are you sure I'm not completely naked when I'm posting this or at the very minimum, flicking the lentil while my mobile phone cloaked in condom and stuffed as far up my cunt vibrates to me redialing from the landline headset?

Your problem is mental. You're mental. Sort that shit out.
Blahhhhhh...

ghost

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"In Vancouver, the parade happens in community populated by gay people.  There are also Chinese, native, East Indian, and WOMEN in these parades.

Duh.

Sure, I know adults of all colours attend, but I still say the sexhibition aspect is a gay white male thing. Not white dykes, not immigrants from China or India, but white homos.

And yet over six thousand people came out for Seoul's Gay Pride Parade last weekend.

RW

Was it tasteful?
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

It was met with great opposition by Seoul's anti-gay Christian protesters. They even tried to stop the parade by lying on the street. So even there it is not widely embraced, this parading. I think they can do whatever they want but not parade through the downtown streets parading displays that are not for the eyes of children.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/06/26/417310709/a-showdown-looms-at-south-koreas-gay-pride-parade">http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2 ... ide-parade">http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/06/26/417310709/a-showdown-looms-at-south-koreas-gay-pride-parade

In Seoul, a gay pride parade 15 years in the running is at the center of heated controversy between LGBT groups and Christian activists, who threaten to do what it takes to stop the marchers.

The growing visibility of South Korea's gays and lesbians has led to louder opposition from church groups in recent years, and this weekend's event has organizers preparing for confrontation.

"In the Bible, homosexuality is sin. And to publicize your personal, private identity like that is a problem," says Pastor Jonah Lee of Calvary Church in Seoul. He is part of the religious opposition to gay culture, and calls himself formerly gay — cured of 43 years of homosexuality.

Gay rights in South Korea have become so contentious that at a pride month kickoff event earlier in June, more anti-gay protesters showed up than LGBT participants.

The Christian groups blared a Korean version of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" to try and drown out pride event speakers. They also handed out leaflets, shouted into megaphones, and held up signs with messages like: "Homosexuality will destroy humanity."

"Churches oppose the festival and parade because it's too decadent," says Lee. "Korea is not as open and free so as you could walk around with your bottom hanging out like that."

Public polls seem to back up the pastor. A Pew Research Center survey on moral issues found that 57 percent of South Koreans thought that homosexuality was unacceptable, while 18 percent said it was acceptable.

Disruptions Last Year

At last year's parade, Christian protesters lay down in the streets, singing songs and stalling LGBT marchers for hours. This year, religious groups tried to stop the parade from happening at all. They flooded the police with permit applications to rally on the same day as the pride parade. It jammed up the permitting process, leading the Seoul police to ban the parade altogether, citing safety reasons.

But a court last week overturned the ban, upholding the LGBT group's right to assemble.

"Everybody has a right to protest, including the religious groups. What they don't have the right to do is to stop other people gathering in the way that they express themselves," says Graeme Reid. He's the LGBT rights director for Human Rights Watch.

"As there's progress on one level, and in this instance, internationally, we see an overall trend toward more inclusive policies. But then, we often see a reaction to those gains. And I think that's what we're seeing in South Korea," Reid says.

Now, all eyes turn to Sunday, when as many as 20,000 are expected to turn out for the parade and festivities around it. Organizers — like Kang Myeong-jin — say they have to prepare for confrontation.

"There's the possibility of unpredicted behaviors from the haters," Kang says. "And their sole purpose is to stop the parade, but it's a matter of how they're going to stop it, what they're going to do, so we need to prepare against that.

Organizers have warned participants to be ready for flying objects, long stalls along the route and other potential safety hazards. For his part, the pastor says he doesn't condone physical or violent confrontations.

"Extreme measures to LGBT parades will only breed social conflict. I try to convince the church on this matter, but I get a lot of contempt from them," Lee says.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

The Seoul gay pride parade must be the one RW meant when she said she didn't see anything different that what she would see at the beach..

If gay pride parades were like this, there would be less objection.

http://twocrabs.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451da8b69e201a511d70baf970c-700wi">

http://twocrabs.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451da8b69e201a3fd278219970b-500wi">

http://twocrabs.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451da8b69e201a511d70bc4970c-700wi">

http://twocrabs.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451da8b69e201a73de26b13970d-700wi">

RW

They are largely like that Fash.  Nothing overly obscene at least not that I've seen in Vancouver.

But you know, I've actually been to Pride events which is more than I can say for most of you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

I am not shocked by it. It's not something I haven't seen before. I just prefer people's nasty bits covered while they're parading. What I bare in a private beach is not the same as parading for the city.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Nasty bits?  I don't know about you, but there is nothing nasty about any of my bits.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

I don't think we were talking about you. I don't think you were in the parade displaying nasty bits.

Nasty Bits

A slang term used to refer to someone's private parts, most effectively used when these parts are less then appealing.

I was referring to something like this. I know that child is thinking "nasty."

http://www.catholicanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Upset-child.png">
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't think we were talking about you. I don't think you were in the parade displaying nasty bits.

Nasty Bits

A slang term used to refer to someone's private parts, most effectively used when these parts are less then appealing.

I was referring to something like this. I know that child is thinking "nasty."

http://www.catholicanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Upset-child.png">

That is amoral.

:swoon:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"How are they shoving it down your throat? If you DONT want to see it DONT GO. Pretty simple really....

I explained my point. Several times.  Just because the currently mental vibe is self centered, doesn't mean everyone is self centered.  Btw, that isn't how you create a world of equality that's harmonious. Just saying.