The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Racism

Started by RW, July 07, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

I know what "blackface" is - a theatric style of make-up that has not been used for decades.  Is it the same thing as putting brown paint on your face to look like someone for Halloween?  No, it's not.

Do you think Julianna Hough deserved to be called a racist and racially insensitive amoung other things for dressing up like someone she idiolizes?  Is THAT what fighting racism is all about?  Attacking white people for their Halloween costume that they meant absolutely no offense by?  Is fighting racism dragging innocent people through the mud in the name of off base sensitivity?

Come on Romero.  Tell me this shit is the good fight against REAL RACISM.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Gee, why do people get so offended over dressing up as a Nazi in public? What's the big deal?

RW

Want to answer the question or just play Frogger with the point?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I wonder how people who have suffered real racism feel about this stupid crap.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I'm sure Q knows lot of them, will ask them  and will update us soon
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"I wonder how people who have suffered real racism feel about this stupid crap.

In a way, I feel a little guilty that I don't pay attention to racism debates because I don't have much to add. I don' have compelling stories to tell although it was the reason why I first joined the forums. I was googling something and one of the results led me to a thread on DV where posters were bashing Filipinos. I had never seen anything like that before. It irritated my virgin eyes. I had never read racist views on Filipinos before that moment and it vexed me. I guess they were always out there but I had never come across it until then. So, I registered to be able to post and blast those unkind posters for their ignorant rants but then I realized that bashing others was a norm in that forum and they weren't only bashing Filipinos but each other as well and constantly too. I was led to the mouth of hell.   ac_toofunny

I was driving on Constitution Avenue one day after the Memorial Day Parade. I was alone. While waiting for the traffic light to turn green, a car pulled up to my right. There were a bunch of white men in that car and they called my attention. They cried, "Hey, gook!" They were taunting me. I just ignored them and drove off when the light turned green. I was not really upset because they did not further harass me or followed me. I drove off and turned and that was that. Once I got to a dictionary, I looked up what gook meant. Heheh. At that time, I was younger so I had not yet developed the balls to give them the middle finger. Now I gladly will. :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Racism like sexism seems to me to be in the eye of the beholder. If not enough of one group or gender is seen to be successful or included in roles, activities, or discussions, then it is often called racism or sexism and the solutions proposed by those offended which are also often racist or sexist by definition, aren't oddly racist or sexist. Why isn't it?

It's why I despise militant feminists so much. They give women a bad name.

It should be about equal opportunity not equal coverage.

You fucking hypocritical asshole. You have no probs labelling others that don't kiss your flat white narcissistic ass racist, sexist, homophobic. Fuck off turd, you make whites look bad.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Racism like sexism seems to me to be in the eye of the beholder. If not enough of one group or gender is seen to be successful or included in roles, activities, or discussions, then it is often called racism or sexism and the solutions proposed by those offended which are also often racist or sexist by definition, aren't oddly racist or sexist. Why isn't it?

You fucking hypocritical asshole. You have no probs labelling others that don't kiss your flat white narcissistic ass racist, sexist, homophobic. Fuck off turd, you make whites look bad.

HEY!!! That's MY job.

She just makes Australians look like racists.

And we ARE!!!! :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

HEY!!! That's MY job.

She just makes Australians look like racists.

And we ARE!!!! :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Congrats!! I'm not a racist, but whites ARE lazy, entitled, self-absorbed whiners.

RW

What about the Swedes?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"What about the Swedes?

As you know, I love Sweden. Well, other than them letting in all those muzzies who don't respect Scandie values.

cc

QuoteCongrats!! I'm not a racist, but whites ARE lazy, entitled, self-absorbed whiners.
And Asians can't drive
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"And Asians can't drive

Can too. It's just that the windshield fucking blinds me. :wink:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!