Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A grave and serious crime.

Started by Bricktop, July 10, 2015, 09:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"I have a friends who's fighting for her daughter to be returned to her.  Social Services removed her from her care and put her in her Dad's care because he didn't like the guy she has living with her. The Dad and his Mom want full custody. Previously the Mother had fully custody. I went to court yesterday with her for emotional support and her lawyer suggested a middle person to act between parties when they can't agree. She appointed me, and he agreed, since I know them both well and am on good terms with both of them.  I said yes and gave all my info. I have no criminal record, not even a speeding ticket  (I don't drive lol) So I'll be the "supervisor" at visits. All parties are very nice people, they just can't agree and all want to keep the daughter for themselves.  I think joint custody would be in the best interest of the daughter as she is only 4 and they live close together anyways.  But I'm just there to keep the peace, I am able to stop them from bickering, especially in front of their daughter.

SPECTRE'S recipe for personal disaster.

Take one family dispute, preferably involving children. Simmer for several months.

Add a court hearing.

Offer to become an intermediary...or moderator.

Wait 3 months.

Have you never heard of happy stories? I prefer to think of those in these situations. Sometimes an intermediary is all that's needed to put things into context for those trying times.

Happy stories are out there. Maybe they're not rampant, but they still exist.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"I have a friends who's fighting for her daughter to be returned to her.  Social Services removed her from her care and put her in her Dad's care because he didn't like the guy she has living with her. The Dad and his Mom want full custody. Previously the Mother had fully custody. I went to court yesterday with her for emotional support and her lawyer suggested a middle person to act between parties when they can't agree. She appointed me, and he agreed, since I know them both well and am on good terms with both of them.  I said yes and gave all my info. I have no criminal record, not even a speeding ticket  (I don't drive lol) So I'll be the "supervisor" at visits. All parties are very nice people, they just can't agree and all want to keep the daughter for themselves.  I think joint custody would be in the best interest of the daughter as she is only 4 and they live close together anyways.  But I'm just there to keep the peace, I am able to stop them from bickering, especially in front of their daughter.

Take one family dispute, preferably involving children. Simmer for several months.

Add a court hearing.

Wait 3 months.

Have you never heard of happy stories? I prefer to think of those in these situations. Sometimes an intermediary is all that's needed to put things into context for those trying times.

Sugarplum if you actually knew anything about me, you would know I've been around, and had a LOT of experience in family disputes.

If there any happy stories, I've yet to see one, where parents are in dispute.

Stick to changing band-aids and emptying bedpans.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Add a court hearing.

Wait 3 months.

Sugarplum if you actually knew anything about me, you would know I've been around, and had a LOT of experience in family disputes.

If there any happy stories, I've yet to see one, where parents are in dispute.

Stick to changing band-aids and emptying bedpans.

Where as I've seen my fair share of disputes left behind for the child's sake. It's rarer but it does happen.

You must not be very good at your job if you're surrounded by non happy stories. It probably doesn't help that you're a blowhard either.
Blahhhhhh...

Wulf

There are damn few happy stories in these types of situations. If there were happy stories, Child Protective Services would not need to get involved. Even when or if a situation ends on a good note, the emotional, mental and all too often physical damage is already done.

Arguing the pros and cons of these kinds of situations is like arguing which color turd is prettier.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Child services has become a huge joke. They are becoming more and more like legal kid nappers, than family advocates. After some of the shit I've personally witnessed other people go through, I wouldn't let them in my house unless they had a signed by a judge court order, a detailed list of the accusations against me and they agree to let everything be recorded. They lie.

There are some people who should not be allowed to raise a cat let alone a child.

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"There are damn few happy stories in these types of situations. If there were happy stories, Child Protective Services would not need to get involved. Even when or if a situation ends on a good note, the emotional, mental and all too often physical damage is already done.

Arguing the pros and cons of these kinds of situations is like arguing which color turd is prettier.

I agree.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dove"Child services has become a huge joke. They are becoming more and more like legal kid nappers, than family advocates. After some of the shit I've personally witnessed other people go through, I wouldn't let them in my house unless they had a signed by a judge court order, a detailed list of the accusations against me and they agree to let everything be recorded. They lie.

There are some people who should not be allowed to raise a cat let alone a child.
Agreed. And those people are exactly who cps will give children too. Foster homes are known for abuse.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"It probably doesn't help that you're a blowhard either.

Oooo...nursey gettin' frisky. "Blowhard"?

Did you think that up all by yourself, or did you get some help from the "Flaming for Idiots"?

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"It probably doesn't help that you're a blowhard either.

Oooo...nursey gettin' frisky. "Blowhard"?

Did you think that up all by yourself, or did you get some help from the "Flaming for Idiots"?

Are you going to huff and puff then blow my house down?  :001_tongue:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

No. Just highlight your idiocy.

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"No. Just highlight your idiocy.

Now what?  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I don't need pretty colours, toots.

A simple quotation tells our members all they need to know.

Here's an oxymoron for you.

"Intelligent Nurse".

You'll get it eventually.

Frood

You so want me and I so don't want anything you think you're in a position to give me. Don't mistake my playful banter as an invitation for you to flog your noodle. Respect the boundaries. Me, aggressor. You, prey.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Honeybunch, you are a nurse.

When's the last time YOU saw a nurse that was remotely appealing to members of the opposite sex.

Frood

Don't fish for my particulars. I'm not interested in old knuckle draggers like yourself.
Blahhhhhh...