Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

The Gender War

Started by Bricktop, July 16, 2015, 01:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

No. Its a criminal trial.

If it were in the US, I could understand.

I gave you guys more credit. Seems it is unwarranted.

RW

No verdict has been render hence no trial notes yet.

Just because it's prosecuted doesn't mean it will be successful.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Really? I didn't know. Oh well...

My point is that some asshole in the prosecutor's office felt, on the basis of evidence provided, that the charge could be sustained.

Thus far, from my reading, no such evidence exists. This smells of a "test" case; prosecutors are known to look at a case, and decide that its too hard to apply discretion, so they throw it at the court. In most cases, its reasonable to do so. But in SOME cases, they know damn well the case is flimsy, but do not have the balls to say so, and so proceed, rather than exercise common sense.

RW

Decision won't come down until Oct 8th.  I'm going to look into this because we are missing details on Mr. Elliott's behaviour.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Okay I read the details and this isn't going to fly within the courts.  No fricken way.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

So, why was it prosecuted?

Why was he arrested?

What influences came to bear on the public authorities to initiate this Gilbert and Sullivan farce?

RW

I'm not sure why the prosecution took it up.  I actually think it should have gone the other way with Elliot prosecuting for harassment.  He lost his job over this case.  I would suggest when the verdict is handed down in his favour, he turn around and civilly sue these bitches.  The guy they originally harassed should get on board as well.

I also think as Canadians, we need a ruling on freedom of speech that gives it back to feminism so we can start back towards a semblance of sane balance in our country. It's gone too far.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"I'm not sure why the prosecution took it up.  I actually think it should have gone the other way with Elliot prosecuting for harassment.  He lost his job over this case.  I would suggest when the verdict is handed down in his favour, he turn around and civilly sue these bitches.  The guy they originally harassed should get on board as well.

I also think as Canadians, we need a ruling on freedom of speech that gives it back to feminism so we can start back towards a semblance of sane balance in our country. It's gone too far.

The two "young women" who created this mess need to be locked up as an example. They are a detriment to your society. This case sets a dangerous precedent and if you guys don't have the will to clamp down on this kind of irresponsible and blatantly crazy behavior you will never be ride of their kind. They will just keep comming back with more and more of their lunacy anywhere they can and their ilk will multiply like roaches.

This kind of shit is what happens when you let the political climate swing too far to either extreme. Crazies that identify with the political leanings of the day become emboldened to push the envelope as far as they can.

RW

I totally agree.

These women set out to essentially harass a man over a video game by contacting employers and the like (who also need to tell people to fuck off with their cyber fits and other such bullshit) and this guy stuck up for him.  As a result, he lost his job and was arrested.  It's total bullshit and frankly it's feminist bullying.

These feminists need to have more respect for our freedom of speech because this crap is not justifiable in a free and democratic society.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

The civil case should include the government agencies.

If the judge hands down a not guilty, and makes any comment on the poor case presented, then both Police and Prosecutors may be made answerable for malicious prosecution.