The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Trudeau is such a scumbag......

Started by Obvious Li, November 22, 2012, 03:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Obvious Li

two faced frog traitor just like his old man.........i hope he gets elected leader......Go Steven

OTTAWA - In the wake of Liberal MP David McGuinty's anti-Alberta comments this week, a 2010 interview with Liberal leadership hopeful Justin Trudeau raises the issue about whether that attitude is baked into the DNA of the federal Liberal party.

In November 2010, Trudeau told a Quebec television show that he was tired of Albertans running the country and that, whether it was Jean Chretien or Brian Mulroney, Canada is better off when Quebecers are running the country.

"Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau said in French to interviewer Patrick Lagace on the Tele-Quebec program Les francs-tireurs (The Straight Shooters).

Lagace then asked Trudeau if he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans?"

Trudeau replied: "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec... This country - Canada - it belongs to us."

Trudeau specifically named prime ministers Pierre Trudeau, Chretien and Paul Martin but also included Progressive Conservative Mulroney on his list of great Quebec prime ministers of the last century.

Romero

A really dumb thing to say. He can criticize conservatives and right-wingers as his fight is with them, but Albertans? It's not cool to bash the citizens of another province. We know he really meant Harper and other Albertan Conservatives, but most Albertans and Canadians aren't going to see it that way. He was grandstanding for Quebec, making it some childish 'we're better than you' pissing match.

Some arguably good Prime Ministers have come from Quebec. And Quebecers are great people. But saying it's better when Quebecers are in charge is an insult to the country.

And on tv where it could come back to haunt him. The Tories are starting attack ads and Trudeau is going to get hammered.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"A really dumb thing to say. He can criticize conservatives and right-wingers as his fight is with them, but Albertans? It's not cool to bash the citizens of another province. We know he really meant Harper and other Albertan Conservatives, but most Albertans and Canadians aren't going to see it that way. He was grandstanding for Quebec, making it some childish 'we're better than you' pissing match.

Some arguably good Prime Ministers have come from Quebec. And Quebecers are great people. But saying it's better when Quebecers are in charge is an insult to the country.

And on tv where it could come back to haunt him. The Tories are starting attack ads and Trudeau is going to get hammered.

I'm apolitical, but it's obvious both Trudeau and David McGuinty's insulting comments will not win them many friends in Alberta.

Gary Oak

Pierre Trudeau and Brian Mulroney compete for the most hated Prime Ministers of all time. Does this Trudeau junior have the same loyalties as his father ? Are the same forces behind him ? The way the press is poromoting him I strongly suspect that he does. After Harper destroys his legacy shortly with his Nexen and China mining deals we will be stuck between welfare Mulcair and Trudeau. Now this is scary.

I have just read  The Battle For Quebec   and it apears that the French didn't actually win the war on the plains of Abraham