Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

We Need Cat Advice ASAP

Started by Anonymous, July 23, 2015, 12:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A colleague of Mommy gave her a female, spayed, declawed cat. She is beautiful, 13 months old, but totally retarded. Doesn't make any sound whatsoever, won't eat or drink or use her litter box. This is the first pet I had since my bunny went to the carrot patch in the sky. Why is this cat such a scaredy cat? She will die soon if she won't eat or drink. If that doesn't kill her she will end up in our wok if she doesn't smarten up soon.

Anyone ever a cat like this? What do we do?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I would consult a vet.

Yep, I think we may have to do that. I was hoping someone may have seen or had a similar cat and could offer some tips.

Wulf

She is probably afraid to move, make noise, or even fart for fear of ending up as a substitute for chicken in the chicken and broccoli. :laugh3: Can you blame her?

Take her to a vet but if she checks out as healthy, they are probably going to tell you to give her time to acclimate herself to her new surroundings. Cat's can be very finicky about people and surroundings they aren't used to. It's not uncommon for the more skittish ones to refuse food or to crap in places other than were you want them to.  

I'm pretty sure it will all straighten out. Unfortunately before it does, you are just going to have to watch where you step and for God sake stop wearing open toed shoes.  :laugh3:

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"A colleague of Mommy gave her a female, spayed, declawed cat. She is beautiful, 13 months old, but totally retarded. Doesn't make any sound whatsoever, won't eat or drink or use her litter box. This is the first pet I had since my bunny went to the carrot patch in the sky. Why is this cat such a scaredy cat? She will die soon if she won't eat or drink. If that doesn't kill her she will end up in our wok if she doesn't smarten up soon.

How long have you had the cat? You might have to take her to a vet if it's becoming serious, but maybe her own separate room or space with food, water, litter might work. She might do whatever when she feels alone enough.

I've known some scaredy cats, but nothing like this.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wulf"She is probably afraid to move, make noise, or even fart for fear of ending up as a substitute for chicken in the chicken and broccoli.

:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"A colleague of Mommy gave her a female, spayed, declawed cat. She is beautiful, 13 months old, but totally retarded. Doesn't make any sound whatsoever, won't eat or drink or use her litter box. This is the first pet I had since my bunny went to the carrot patch in the sky. Why is this cat such a scaredy cat? She will die soon if she won't eat or drink. If that doesn't kill her she will end up in our wok if she doesn't smarten up soon.

I do know of one cat that was like that..

It would not take food or water from anyone, but it's owner..

Travelling for anything more than  two or three days was not possible.

Annie

If she's a scaredy cat, give her a place she can "hide", place food and water just right outside of her hiding place and the litter box too. Keep your distance, don't make any sudden noises.  A couch she can hide under would be perfect. I'm speaking from experience of having a scaredy cat.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

Slowly and within distance gradually coach her out with things like kitty treats or toys. Talk softly, be persistant but give her lots of time.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Slowly and within distance gradually coach her out with things like kitty treats or toys. Talk softly, be persistant but give her lots of time.

How much time are we talking about here?

Annie

It can take weeks or a couple months but you'll see the difference each week if you keep with it. Just talk softly, encourage, coax and reward. She needs to learn to trust you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"It can take weeks or a couple months but you'll see the difference each week if you keep with it. Just talk softly, encourage, coax and reward. She needs to learn to trust you.

I don't know if I am willing to wait that long. It's really Mommy's cat, so maybe she will be that patient.

Annie

As long as someone is patient and trying all those ideas and everyone else let's her be, she should come out of her shell eventually.

J0E

Well, the colleague sort of destroyed the cat by declawing it.

That's like cutting off a person's fingers.

No wonder it's so screwed up.

Annie

Declawed means surgically removing the first nuckle to remove the nail,:(