A

We Need Cat Advice ASAP

Started by Anonymous, July 23, 2015, 12:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

No, that's for women...

:43(2):

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Slowly and within distance gradually coach her out with things like kitty treats or toys. Talk softly, be persistant but give her lots of time.

Kitty toys do not include things like a wok or chopsticks.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "Shen Li"A colleague of Mommy gave her a female, spayed, declawed cat. She is beautiful, 13 months old, but totally retarded. Doesn't make any sound whatsoever, won't eat or drink or use her litter box. This is the first pet I had since my bunny went to the carrot patch in the sky. Why is this cat such a scaredy cat? She will die soon if she won't eat or drink. If that doesn't kill her she will end up in our wok if she doesn't smarten up soon.

Anyone ever a cat like this? What do we do?

The cat is a year old and been living its life with the other owner and you expect it to just be normal in a new environment?

put down the food and water. it will eat when its ready.

Dig a hole in the backyard just to be safe.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "Shen Li"A colleague of Mommy gave her a female, spayed, declawed cat. She is beautiful, 13 months old, but totally retarded. Doesn't make any sound whatsoever, won't eat or drink or use her litter box. This is the first pet I had since my bunny went to the carrot patch in the sky. Why is this cat such a scaredy cat? She will die soon if she won't eat or drink. If that doesn't kill her she will end up in our wok if she doesn't smarten up soon.

Well, the colleague sort of destroyed the cat by declawing it.

That's like cutting off a person's fingers.

No wonder it's so screwed up.

If it's done surgically when it's a kitten, it's perfectly safe..

Our cat has been declawed..

But it cannot go outside because it will have no defenses against other cats.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"

The cat is a year old and been living its life with the other owner and you expect it to just be normal in a new environment?

put down the food and water. it will eat when its ready.

Dig a hole in the backyard just to be safe.

That is true of dogs, but less so with cats.

Annie

Cats can be scared of new environment.  They have to get used to a new home, new smells, new people, new routine, new food, new food bowl etc.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Cats can be scared of new environment.  They have to get used to a new home, new smells, new people, new routine, new food, new food bowl etc.

A little better today Annie. Fuck, yesterday I thought she was going on a hunger strike.

Annie

Poor kitty, glad to hear she's doing better. Just have patience and before you know it she'll be a loving kitty.  ac_smile

Anonymous

She has really come along way. No longer nervous, eating regularly and making herself at home. It's too bad we're going cook her up for supper on Saturday.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Ohh Shen, that's bad lol

I'm not always rainbows and sunshine ya know. :wink:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

I'm glad she's adapting better, she's trusts you now  :thumbup: