Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Lost Love

Started by keeper, July 28, 2015, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

Has any of you broke up or lost a lover and re connect with them years later?

Recently i was talking with a friend about a lover i had years ago and she found her on Facebook for me, she encouraged me to make contact with her to see if maybe there was still a spark there. after a few days i messaged her in that stupid PM box and to my surprise she sent a message back, It read " Call me tomorrow after 2pm", I called the next day and we had a beautiful talk and after about an hour on the phone she got silent and i could her her crying, i asked what was wrong and she told me she has lung cancer and not long to live :( I asked her if maybe we could hook up and meet and talk but since we had history her husband wouldn't be impressed and she declined my offer(4 times), i am crushed that i will not be able to say goodbye. I have txt msg her a few times with no reply. I just dont understand.

I almost regret contacting her. ac_crying

Frood

Better to give her whatever peace of mind you can and leave her to it IMHO. She's not able. Don't push it. Maybe in the next life?
Blahhhhhh...

@realAzhyaAryola

I am sorry to hear this, Keeper. Let her go now. I think she knows you mean well but I don't think she needs the additional drama at this time.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I mean it's different if she was alone, you can keep her company, but she's married. That's her husband's role.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Has any of you broke up or lost a lover and re connect with them years later?

Recently i was talking with a friend about a lover i had years ago and she found her on Facebook for me, she encouraged me to make contact with her to see if maybe there was still a spark there. after a few days i messaged her in that stupid PM box and to my surprise she sent a message back, It read " Call me tomorrow after 2pm", I called the next day and we had a beautiful talk and after about an hour on the phone she got silent and i could her her crying, i asked what was wrong and she told me she has lung cancer and not long to live :( I asked her if maybe we could hook up and meet and talk but since we had history her husband wouldn't be impressed and she declined my offer(4 times), i am crushed that i will not be able to say goodbye. I have txt msg her a few times with no reply. I just dont understand.

I don't know what to say Keeper.

:swoon:

keeper

Thanks for the advice guys. ac_crying

Bricktop

I have a similar experience. A lost friend (no romance, but good friend) contacted me recently.

She's had a stroke. She's very ill. Her life has been ruined on the eve of becoming a grandmother for the first time.

Whilst there was no romance, and the situation is slightly different, it is a terrible experience when one so dear suffers so much, and all you can do is helplessly stand by.

Life can suck, sometimes. Truly.

keeper

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I have a similar experience. A lost friend (no romance, but good friend) contacted me recently.

She's had a stroke. She's very ill. Her life has been ruined on the eve of becoming a grandmother for the first time.

Whilst there was no romance, and the situation is slightly different, it is a terrible experience when one so dear suffers so much, and all you can do is helplessly stand by.

I dont know if i can stand by, This happened a few months ago and its killing me, deeply

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I have a similar experience. A lost friend (no romance, but good friend) contacted me recently.

That's terrible SPECTRE.

J0E

Quote from: "Keeper"Has any of you broke up or lost a lover and re connect with them years later?

She's a user, and yer jes' an afterthought, Bud.

She's usin' you, like she did before.

She knows her days are numbered, and now She's only recounting those she knew on her time on earth, when she was here.

RW

I'm sorry Keeps.   :empathy:

It's funny you started this thread because I ran into an old crush at the lake today.  He and I had a great summer together when we were in our teens - fishing, playing chess, kissing on the dock.  I didn't recognize him but he's seen me multiple years and never said anything.  This year he said something.  He's divorced, no kids, well off and a hell of a lot better looking than the dorky kid in Speedos I remembered.  I'm going out to the lake next week and part of me hopes he's gone by that time.  I'd rather leave things in the past if truth be told.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm sorry Keeps.   :empathy:

It's funny you started this thread because I ran into an old crush at the lake today.  He and I had a great summer together when we were in our teens - fishing, playing chess, kissing on the dock.  I didn't recognize him but he's seen me multiple years and never said anything.  This year he said something.  He's divorced, no kids, well off and a hell of a lot better looking than the dorky kid in Speedos I remembered.  I'm going out to the lake next week and part of me hopes he's gone by that time.  I'd rather leave things in the past if truth be told.

That would be for the best RW.

RW

I have a feeling he doesn't though.
Beware of Gaslighters!