Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Denmark banned halal & kosher slaughter

Started by asal, July 26, 2015, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

yet again, again
Quote from: "cc la femme"yet again:
QuoteAgain, accept our make believe democracy if you wish .... just don't expect us all to like our 1984 style rule by head up ass  unelected & unaccountable elitists
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

And we all agree that the definition of democracy is inherently disgusting and well and truly misused to force people to do things no sane persons would ever agree to?
Blahhhhhh...

Romero

Quote from: "cc la femme"yet again, again
Quote from: "cc la femme"yet again:
QuoteAgain, accept our make believe democracy if you wish .... just don't expect us all to like our 1984 style rule by head up ass unaccountable elitists

You have no idea what you're talking about, and all you can do is repeat yourself over and over.

That's not crazy at all!

Romero

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"And we all agree that the definition of democracy is inherently disgusting and well and truly misused to force people to do things no sane persons would ever agree to?

It's not perfect, but it's better than the alternatives. I'd much prefer a democracy over a dictatorship. We do get the choice of voting to change things we don't like.

Frood

Too many things become a we vs individual battle in a democracy as governments get bigger and bigger, then control the avenues of popular opinion.

Some things, many in fact, should never be put to a popular vote.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

QuoteSome things, many in fact, should never be put to a popular vote.

Would you rather to be queen yourself?

Or would you rather just select one for us? We do have some experienced unelected head up ass unaccountable elitists to choose from

Actually, I agree that democracy does not work. Our system controlled in the end by unelected head up ass unaccountable elitists does not work either.

Where are the benevolent dictators when we need them?

Romero

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Too many things become a we vs individual battle in a democracy as governments get bigger and bigger, then control the avenues of popular opinion.

What things should never be put to a popular vote?

Frood

Quote from: "cc la femme"
QuoteSome things, many in fact, should never be put to a popular vote.

Would you rather to be queen yourself?

Or would you rather just select one for us? We do have some experienced unelected head up ass unaccountable elitists to choose from

Actually, I agree that democracy does not work. Our system controlled in the end by unelected head up ass unaccountable elitists does not work either.

Where are the benevolent dictators when we need them?

Where are the people who put a stop to wanton legislation, police state nanny'ism, and taxation cannibalism (personal and business)?

Nobody ELECTS anymore. We choose the best of a limited array of vetted cocksuckers, bullshit peddlers, and sons of bitches. They then proceed to do whatever the hell they want regardless of what anyone wanted, foresaw, or could possibly imagine. If anyone so much tries to slip in and change that consensus, they're labeled by a bought media and taken to the rubbish bin.

I'd argue that the rare benevolent dictator might even be better than what anyone of us has experienced in decades but I wouldn't want to be that person nor would I accept such a person either.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Too many things become a we vs individual battle in a democracy as governments get bigger and bigger, then control the avenues of popular opinion.

What things should never be put to a popular vote?

Other peoples actions, choices, monies, unless they break the basic code of civil interaction between varying peoples of different mindsets and cultures. Democracy has always been mob rule. Modern democracy is media mob rule. A line has to be drawn.

We need to tell our governments to feck off and know their places. That's to serve us on an extremely limited basis and not for us to serve them. That's what we do these days. We do what we're told because DeMoCraCy sez so!!!! and the penalties are morbid and over the top.
Blahhhhhh...

Romero

I'm not sure what you mean by other peoples actions, choices, monies. Do you have a specific example?

I'd rather vote than have a cruel dictator decide for me.

Frood

Quote from: "Romero"I'm not sure what you mean by other peoples actions, choices, monies. Do you have a specific example?

Random tax hikes, legislation changes, etc. None of it is ever decided by democratic plebiscite and if government allowed it instead of running from it like the plague, they'd shrink to only a fraction of their current size. Most of it should never be decided by mob rule though. If people want to run a cafe or restaurant out of their home, not pay 30-50 percent of their hard earned income to some black spending hole, or deal with what consenting adults get up to in their own homes and beyond, they shouldn't have to.

The overreach has become beyond suffocating. Enough is enough.

QuoteI'd rather vote than have a cruel dictator decide for me.

You'd still be voting for a cruel dictator in a field of pre approved cruel dictators. They're not there to serve you. They're there to serve the organization. We'll always be mosquito's. The sooner you learn this the sooner you'll be better off.
Blahhhhhh...

Romero

We vote for the greater good, and it's no coincidence that democratic countries happen to be the greatest countries to live in.

We still get to choose. Better Abbott and Harper than the leaders of North Korea and Zimbabwe.

Frood

You keep telling yourself that. The cake might be more sustaining but the fundamentals remain the same.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Romero" ...... We vote for the greater good.......

Now, that made my day

Romero

If you don't like Canada, go back to where you immigrated from. It's so sad when you foreigners come here, take advantage of our hospitality and refuse to adapt to our customs and values.