The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

American Dentist Murders then Decapitates a Popular Rare & defenseless Lion

Started by J0E, July 29, 2015, 01:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

I am unmoved. If ever my hunting friends invite me to go hunting, I will go. If I get the privilege to carry a rifle and then shoot at a pheasant for example, I may not hit the target and then I might--I will be pleased to have experienced it. Nothing that has been said here changes my mind. You stand by your beliefs and I will stand by mine and don't tell me what I can and cannot do. The world is large enough. You stay in your lane and I will stay in mine.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"
Quote from: "Herman"
Alright, but this guy doesn't want anyone to stock their freezer with real free range meat.

And where does he say that? The only argument I've seen from him in this thread is that hunting for sport is wrong.

That's right, he did say For FOOD and sustenance!!  But then adds Not for entertainment.

See, I used to hunt and it was not wasted, but I also enjoyed bagging a trophy buck.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"That's right, he did say For FOOD and sustenance!!  But then adds Not for entertainment.

See, I used to hunt and it was not wasted, but I also enjoyed bagging a trophy buck.

Don't feel bad just because some people don't like it. I don't listen. I do what I want.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

ghost

Alright, but this guy doesn't want anyone to stock their freezer with real free range meat.

And where does he say that? The only argument I've seen from him in this thread is that hunting for sport is wrong.

That's right, he did say For FOOD and sustenance!!  But then adds Not for entertainment.

I think there's a fine line there that isn't black and white. You may enjoy hunting, but at least you're doing the reasonable thing by eating what you kill.

Personally I find hunting barbaric. But I'm not a hypocrite. If you're going to eat what you kill, then I'm not going to argue against it. At least the animal's death isn't in vain.

Anonymous

I think there's a fine line there that isn't black and white. You may enjoy hunting, but at least you're doing the reasonable thing by eating what you kill.

Personally I find hunting barbaric. But I'm not a hypocrite. If you're going to eat what you kill, then I'm not going to argue against it. At least the animal's death isn't in vain.

Fair enough. ac_drinks

Bricktop

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola" You stay in your lane and I will stay in mine.

When you shoot animals for entertainment, or for no real purpose other than to satisfy some primal lust that should have been eradicated centuries ago, you move into MY lane.

See, those animals are mine. And yours. And everyone else's on this planet.

You keep killing them, they will disappear, or you will deny me my pleasure in seeing these animals in their own habitat.

Those animals belong to the planet, not to humanity. Sure, some must be killed in order to sustain us, and I have no beef (pun intended) with that. Our survival is imperative.

But when meat is freely available through the market system, I fail to see any reason to go into the wild with lethal firearms and slaughter them simply to make you feel more...human? That suggests that you may also feel compelled to engage in other activities undertaken by primitive humans, like rape, slavery, war, cannibalism and male dominated domestic violence. The fact the we impose our barbarity on other life forms does not excuse it.

For those who enjoy shooting and killing so much, I propose an alternative. Fence off an area of, say, 100 acres. Drop all wannabe hunters into the area with their firearms, and the last man or woman standing wins. Now, THAT would be something to be proud of.

You in, Azhya?

@realAzhyaAryola

Dream on, Spec. I have already said that I am unmoved. I am not a hunter by any means and I am not going out of my way to support hunters but if my hunting friends invite me to go hunting, I will go. That is none of your business. I am a grown woman. I make decisions for myself. If you want to police the animals in your backyard, do it. It's not for you to control what hunters around the world spend their hunting days on.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Get a grip too. Just because some people don't mind hunting, you cannot label them as...that suggests that you may also feel compelled to engage in other activities undertaken by primitive humans, like rape, slavery, war, cannibalism and male dominated domestic violence... Keep it real, okay? That's utterly ridiculous. Anyway, if that's how you think, I am no longer in this conversation because clearly you have an unhealthy concept of hunting and hunters and I'm not going to go there with you.
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

If you are a grown woman, why hunt?

But that's OK...turn and run. Like a lot of hunters, when their prey starts shooting back, they retreat poste haste.

ghost

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

But when meat is freely available through the market system, I fail to see any reason to go into the wild

There are still some places in Canada where meat isn't freely available in the market system. And even more so in the rest of the world.

And considering how barbaric the meat processing business is, I kinda agree with those who prefer wild game.

But I also like to believe that if people had to kill what they wanted to eat, we'd have a shitload more vegetarians on this planet.

Anonymous

But when meat is freely available through the market system, I fail to see any reason to go into the wild

There are still some places in Canada where meat isn't freely available in the market system. And even more so in the rest of the world.

And considering how barbaric the meat processing business is, I kinda agree with those who prefer wild game.

But I also like to believe that if people had to kill what they wanted to eat, we'd have a shitload more vegetarians on this planet.

I agree with that statement ghost..

We have friends who on occasion have given us elk or pheasants or ruffed grouse..

I know the animals lived a better life than factory farmed meat sold at Safeway or Costco.

Bricktop

I have no issue with hunting for sustenance. I don't like it, but that's an opinion, and I take the point that the way we farm animals has much to be answered for.

However, hunting using "sustenance" as an excuse, when it is not necessary, is a different ball game.

My ire is directed at the psychopaths, morons, social inadequates and mentally dysfunctional reprobates that kill for "sport", entertainment or pleasure, such as that vile moron who slaughtered a lion for kicks and jollies. That is in a whole other realm. It reflects a mentality that is primitive, recklessly indifferent, and degenerate. That asshole needs to be hounded out of business, and out of civil society. I note that the US Government is making a prompt change to its laws so that villainous cretins like this are prosecuted for their despicable acts.

One of those rare occasions upon which I commend the US for its prompt and correct response.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "SPECTRE"If you are a grown woman, why hunt?

But that's OK...turn and run. Like a lot of hunters, when their prey starts shooting back, they retreat poste haste.

Get off my back on this already, Spec, as you aren't going to change my mind at all. What do you care if I go with my friends to hunt? That dentist/hunter was wrong to kill a well-loved lion by luring it out. I don't approve of poachers either. I am for legal hunting. I haven't seen my hunting friends for a while. Who knows when they'll invite me. I'm only going to go if I'm invited. I'm not going to go out hunting on my own. I am not dying to go hunting tomorrow but what I'm saying is that I am not opposed to legal hunting. Nuff said. :tease:
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

@realAzhyaAryola

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/142841338-little-girl-sticking-out-tongue-with-funny-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=AlPgo0rehwLAXZJ9PDQjMy7pEQHSAX4EgPUt4SyT1QQ%3D">
@realAzhyaAryola