Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Denmark banned halal & kosher slaughter

Started by asal, July 26, 2015, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle.

What on earth makes you think your God is the only entity that possesses common sense.

Most humans realise that some of our conduct is reprehensible, and they don't need a bible to make that judgment. The mistreatment and inhumane farming practices are going to be placed under much greater scrutiny, and I foresee great changes in my country to abandon some of the cruelty farmers employ.

Of course, God could change that with a flick of the hand...but he doesn't seem keen.

I wonder why.
 According to the bible,  God wrote his moral laws on the core of every human. According to the bible, everyone knows there is a God, and everyone knows they are accountable.  According to the bible, humans are spiritually dead and operating in the flesh only, and the message of God is contrary to the flesh and resisted passionately, and even violantly.  If people really want to disprove and debunk God, maybe everyone should stop proving Him right?  You know satanists, will actually tell you they do not believe in a theist, judeo christain satan....but then they describe the satan they believe in, which is exactly the biblical satan.  They don't even properly know the book they hate, or the God they hate.....yet they hate Him.  Just like scripture says they will.  According to the bible, you don't get a pass or fail when you die.  You are born condemned.  You are already under wrath. Blind and dead and inactive to God.  You aren't saying or illustrating anything that isn't expected from someone who knows the Word. Just sayin. We also don't involve ourselves in politics. We don't force. I don't wonder about why God does or doesn't do anything because I know scripture, and I know Him.

Bricktop

But that is exactly what you are doing now.

You are not trying to convince me. You know better than that.

Your bloviating and proselytising is aimed at yourself. Repeat the mantra often enough and you will believe. It is the hallmark of the false believer, Dove...to preach too hard in an effort to convince yourself that the bible is some sacrosanct text endowed by a god...but written by men.

I respect and admire your unerring faith, as misguided as it is, but to pursue our conflicting beliefs is very dull and boring, and thus I shall henceforth remain silent on the issue.

Anonymous

No spec. You are trying to convince us.  I can't convince you of anything.  I could easily sit here and poke holes the size of canons in how the world is ran without God. But that is futile isn't it?  This isn't about winning an argument or proving myself right, so you won't see me pointing out the glaring lunacy going on. However, you are the one attempting to sell some idea that christains are anti intellectual control freaks who believe in fairytales. You are the one challanging. You are also very focused on your perception of the problems with no real solutions. Religion isn't a problem, human beings are.

Anonymous

And really, think about the typical argument used to discredit the bible. "It was written by men, so it can't be credible".  Okay. Let's not look at how utterly stupid that statement is.  No one ever said men didn't write the bible. The bible is God inspired. Done by confluence. We have reasons to believe this. Do you know what they are?  Also, who the heck do you think writes text books? Do you have a degree?  If men wrote your text books (ever changing, which the bible remains the same) and men gave you a degree...we can't take it seriously. Men wrote it and men change it.

Frood

Religious discussions make me want to ingest broken glass. People start quoting from their sacred mumbo jumbo scrolls or discredit through science, then it's on for young and old.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Well, I haven't quoted scripture.  And I typically back science with scripture. The two are in sync, there is no divorce.   I think what we can all agree on is there is a lot of suffering and need in this world, and until humans change from the inside first, it's only to get worse and worse. From what scripture says?  It's going to get worse, quickly, and end.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"In the end, the bunch of un-elected and unaccountable elitists run the country ... as THEY see fit ... negating the pretend democratic system at their whim

It' not my big deal. Our laws have made them not only "a" big deal, but the only deal in town

I kind of have to wonder what you are on about when government makes laws, the Senate (not elected) reviews laws, the Governor General (not elected) ascends laws, the provincial court justices (not elected) pass judgement on cases based on challenges to those laws, the appellant court justices (not elected) reviews those decisions and passes further judgement based on those laws, and only then does it hit the Supreme Court justices (not elected) for final decision.

There are a lot of non-elected cogs in that wheel cc in what amounts to faux democracy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Religious discussions make me want to ingest broken glass.

Now, there's an odd coincidence. They make me want you to ingest broken glass too!!!

RW

They make me want to have a separate thread for God talk.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

A separate sub-forum, please.

Allow those with faith to discuss their theology in private.

Anonymous

Maybe those without should bash it in private?

Bricktop

If that is their wish...

All I'm saying is that its being done to death out here.

No-one's view will change. The discussions are pointless.

Frood

I despise it when Spectre and I agree on some things. Thankfully it doesn't happen all that often.  ac_hithere
Blahhhhhh...

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell