The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Buzz About Our Favorite Shows

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, July 29, 2015, 08:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

(Referring to Clarice)
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=411420 time=1621450666 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=411410 time=1621439242 user_id=88
It has gotten pretty good of late. Maybe one oi the best

The 1st cpl of shows I did not take to but I did stay with it,  & lately it's been very good

I haven't watched it from the first episodes, but I like the ones I've seen.

She is very likeable as a person and a very good actress .. believable in her role

I'm unclear on the Silence of the Lambs aspect advertised when show began - maybe is supposed to be the person who cracked that case? I Dunno .. In this show, she had made herself famous previously for solving some older case .. but she is quite young for it to be that case  :confused1:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=411426 time=1621453663 user_id=88
(Referring to Clarice)
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=411420 time=1621450666 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=411410 time=1621439242 user_id=88
It has gotten pretty good of late. Maybe one oi the best

The 1st cpl of shows I did not take to but I did stay with it,  & lately it's been very good

I haven't watched it from the first episodes, but I like the ones I've seen.

She is very likeable as a person and a very good actress .. believable in her role

I'm unclear on the Silence of the Lambs aspect advertised when show began - maybe is supposed to be the person who cracked that case? I Dunno .. In this show, she had made herself famous previously for solving some older case .. but she is quite young for it to be that case  :confused1:

Clarice Starling is the FBI agent that gained the trust of Dr Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs. Through this trust she was able to get his help getting inside the head of a serial killer.

cc

Aw, so that's the connection. Only problem is timeline as current show appears as today and she is quite young

.. .I'll watch for closer for dating as show goes on to be sure of when it is supposed to be taking place

That said, the Hannibal thing  makes for good storyline

I saw the movie, but had no recall of her name ...  The movie was also very well done .. there was a strong fearful aura start to finish

Acting was superb. I don't think Starling could have been her as I believe it was some time ago and she is so young looking in TV show????

Parodical Son has shades of Silence

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=411449 time=1621481110 user_id=88
Aw, so that's the connection. Only problem is timeline as current show appears as today and she is quite young

.. .I'll watch for closer for dating as show goes on to be sure of when it is supposed to be taking place

I saw the movie, but had no recall of her name ...  The movie was also very well done .. there was a strong fearful aura start to finish

Acting was superb. I don't think Starling could have been her as I believe it was some time ago and she is so young looking in TV show????

Jody Foster was Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs.....that was 1992.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=411471 time=1621512756 user_id=3254

The series is supposed to pick up after working with Dr Lecter.

cc

Thanks guys. It makes more sense to me now.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=411472 time=1621524285 user_id=114
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=411471 time=1621512756 user_id=3254

The series is supposed to pick up after working with Dr Lecter.

I misssed some episodes so I watched them all to catch up. Why does she keep talking about Buffalo Bill? I thought he was eliminated and dead.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Notice how most of today's current TV series like to portray our current events and have a narrative they are promoting?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I began Peaky Blinders and Outlander. Wow. Just wow.
@realAzhyaAryola

cc

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=412462 time=1622650459 user_id=73
Notice how most of today's current TV series like to portray our current events and have a narrative they are promoting?

It's now in every show including those that have been around for years now.

Most every new show the lead female  disproportionally has a gay wife  .. as the stars & cops are shown constantly mentioning new rules .. . the list goes on ... and on ... and on

Bad guys are now mainly white supremacists etc etc etc

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Frood

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=414950 time=1625174649 user_id=73
Nothing good on lately.

It's mostly woke tinged soft topic series or stupid reality shows.

Lisey's Story with Julianne Moore is pretty good though... so is Skinwalker Ranch.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=414957 time=1625176330 user_id=1676
Nothing good on lately.

Lisey's Story with Julianne Moore is pretty good though... so is Skinwalker Ranch.

I'm seeing a lot of Hollywood trying to impose it's values rather than trying to entertain us.

@realAzhyaAryola

Nothing good on lately.

A good friend of mine watches that 90-day fiance show. I cannot appreciate reality shows. I'm really intrigued at the progress of that island that the Canadian couple have developed. I think the show is called Island of Bryan on HGTV. I've seen only reruns but I think I'm going to start watching the current episodes. It's incredible how they changed this resort and now it is taking guests I think.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Nothing good on lately.

These two sound interesting.
@realAzhyaAryola