Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Not the mother?

The only reason when abortion is not premeditated murder is if the woman's life is threatened if she carries the baby to term..

Medical professionals are the ones who make that determination.

cc

I didn't have any problem understanding what she said
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

This whole fucking thread is an exercise in futility.

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"

The only reason when abortion is not premeditated murder is if the woman's life is threatened if she carries the baby to term..

That's strange, because women currently have the right to choose to carry the baby to term even when their life is threatened.

What if the doctor suggests termination but the mother wants to carry to term anyway?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

That's strange, because women currently have the right to choose to carry the baby to term even when their life is threatened.

What if the doctor suggests termination but the mother wants to carry to term anyway?

I never said they couldn't...

I said the only time abortion is not murder is when the woman's life is threatened.

Anonymous

I said the only time abortion is not murder is when the woman's life is threatened.

Everyone except Romero understood what you meant.

asal

In the states, females who birth children conceived by rape have to fight for custody of the child:

">//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7OS5uJGkY

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7OS5uJGkY

Romero

So it just comes back to women having the right to choose.

This is why others can't make the decision for them. Any woman walking into an abortion clinic could be doing so for medical reasons.

It's completely confidential information. No one could possibly know if it's for health reasons or not.

Anonymous

So it just comes back to women having the right to choose.

This is why others can't make the decision for them. Any woman walking into an abortion clinic could be doing so for medical reasons.

It's completely confidential information. No one could possibly know if it's for health reasons or not.

No, it's not because you  are discussing two different things..

If a woman wants to do something risky that is up to her..

Many people have risky surgeries that could kill them..

This thread is about abortion though, not dangerous personal choices..

Ending the life of an unborn baby without just cause is murder..

Unless of course her physician determines her life is in danger if the baby is carried to term..

I don't know how I can make it any more clear than that?

Everyone else seems to understand what I mean.

cc

I never could figure if his inability to understand people + ability to totally misquote people was a disability or an act / tactic

Whichever it is, he invariably misses the mark. That is why at a point I just move on without him
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I never could figure if his inability to understand people + ability to totally misquote people was a disability or an act / tactic

Whichever it is, he invariably misses the mark. That is why at a point I just move on without him

Fash's position is consistent and crystal clear to anyone whether they agree with it or not. Pretending not to understand the obvious is not only insulting, it would get his skinny little ass kicked in real life.

RW

He's questioning her not misunderstanding what she's saying.

A doctor makes a recommendation and the woman makes the call if she is of the capacity to do so.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"He's questioning her not misunderstanding what she's saying.

A doctor makes a recommendation and the woman makes the call if she is of the capacity to do so.

Then why does she have to keep repeating herself if he gets it? I don't agree with her about when life begins, but at least anyone except Romero knows exactly where she stands.

Romero

I know where Fash stands. I'm just discussing some aspects.

If only a woman and her doctor have the right to choose what's best, how can the pro-life movement claim to know what's best? Who gets to decide who is allowed to have an abortion? Should a 10% chance of dying still be illegal to have an abortion? What if it's 50%?

Many in the pro-life movement agree that abortion is okay if the mother's life is in danger, yet they would have no way of knowing if that were the case.

Any woman walking into an abortion clinic could be doing so because her life is in danger. Pro-life protesters would call her a "murderer".

I'm just trying to show that judging a woman for her right to choose is a little more complicated than "it's murder".