Dear America

Started by RW, August 06, 2015, 12:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "asal"Poor quality education contributes to people being manipulated.

Let's call it what it is, shall we? Poor quality, UNION controlled and run education.

There, that aught to stir up some shit amongst you libs.  ac_biggrin

Canada has unionized teachers and we don't seem to have the same issues with education.  I'd be looking at religious and socio-economic influences before unionized teachers.
 Religion isn't behind this wreck, unless you are muslim or a leftist.  In fact, Christianity is becoming frowned upon in our culture. We are naughty, naughty prudes.

Let me guess - you went to public school.
 I went to a private Christian school until 8th grade, then public. Christianity isn't exactly welcome in public school. Tolerated, but certainly not influential.

Bricktop

Nor should it be.

Any more than any other human belief system; witchcraft, paganism, buddhism, islam, scientology, UFO societies, sorcery, and flat earthers.

Anonymous

And the education system and the kids are doing so much better with out any of it.  Intolerance, school shootings, drugs and sex, and teen pregnancy are the way to go in American indoctrination centers.

asal

Quote from: "Dove"And the education system and the kids are doing so much better with out any of it.  Intolerance, school shootings, drugs and sex, and teen pregnancy are the way to go in American indoctrination centers.

Pretty sure most americans are not intolerant, shooting up their schools, doing drugs and pregnant as teens.  All of those things are still likely discouraged in school - without having first hand knowledge of it myself except for meeting americans on occasion and noting that they do not appear to be drug using pregnant school shooters on the most part (excepting my Spokane relatives).

Back to the media:  it's not helpful when they give attention to the mass shooters.

Wulf

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Marines dont have to spell?

That would explain their strange language. "Boo yaa"!!

That's right. The truth is you people are lucky that half my posts aren't written in acronyms and other assorted milspec jargon. ac_biggrin

cc

lol @ wolf You are more merciful than many deserve

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Nor should it be.

Any more than any other human belief system; witchcraft, paganism, buddhism, islam, scientology, UFO societies, sorcery, and flat earthers.
You imply the earth is not flat?

Are you telling me it is square? or what?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove"And the education system and the kids are doing so much better with out any of it.  Intolerance, school shootings, drugs and sex, and teen pregnancy are the way to go in American indoctrination centers.

And how many of these schools are predominantly black?

Christianity will not solve America's social fragmentation, crazy gun culture (oddly, supported by the Christian Right) and greed mentality.

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"

Pretty sure most americans are not intolerant, shooting up their schools, doing drugs and pregnant as teens.  All of those things are still likely discouraged in school - without having first hand knowledge of it myself except for meeting americans on occasion and noting that they do not appear to be drug using pregnant school shooters on the most part (excepting my Spokane relatives).

Back to the media:  it's not helpful when they give attention to the mass shooters.
I got the best coke in Bloomfield, back in high school. Everyone gets started partying and banging in high school.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

And how many of these schools are predominantly black?

Christianity will not solve America's social fragmentation, crazy gun culture (oddly, supported by the Christian Right) and greed mentality.
 Not many. I know you can't separate Christianity from politics or the "Christian" religion, but politics and structured religion have done a lot of damage. Real spirituality has nothing to do with either. Most typically find that in prison and rehab.

Bricktop

Or on death row, oddly.

You actually CAN separate religion and politics, by NOT asking politicians their religious beliefs. Unfortunately, fraudulent religion has a vice like grip on the US, and it won't let go.

America has replaced Italy as religions legionnaires on a global scale. I'm sure you saw the debate yesterday, in which religion WAS put forward as a criteria for the right wing potential candidate.