Last post: Today at 06:18:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Blazor"Oh no!!! Its that time of year, you know what to do. Ginger Ale, Chicken soup, TheraFlu, and rest. Drink lots of fluids and try and sweat it out at night.

I have to ask, do you normally get the flu shot? I havent had one since I was a teen, and only get sick once or twice a year at the change of seasons.

A person can still catch a cold or even the flu if they get a flu shot. They vaccinate against what they think is going to be the common strains. With so many people pouring into this country they can't possibly vaccinate against every strain.

You're right. Flu shot is a waste if ya ask me. Your natural immune system is harmed with the shot.

I was told by a pharmacist that it's effective sixty to seventy per cent of the time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Blazor"Oh no!!! Its that time of year, you know what to do. Ginger Ale, Chicken soup, TheraFlu, and rest. Drink lots of fluids and try and sweat it out at night.

I have to ask, do you normally get the flu shot? I havent had one since I was a teen, and only get sick once or twice a year at the change of seasons.

A person can still catch a cold or even the flu if they get a flu shot. They vaccinate against what they think is going to be the common strains. With so many people pouring into this country they can't possibly vaccinate against every strain.

You're right. Flu shot is a waste if ya ask me. Your natural immune system is harmed with the shot.

I was told by a pharmacist that it's effective sixty to seventy per cent of the time.

That number seems high, especially in our immigrant infested cities.

Odinson

I've never taken the flu shot.

Odinson

I've never taken the flu shot.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I've never taken the flu shot.

I didn't bother this year either.

Anonymous

I'm still feeling terrible today.

:t2502:

Anonymous

I did something I haven't done in a long time......I took a sick day..

My flu is worse today.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I did something I haven't done in a long time......I took a sick day..

My flu is worse today.

CHICKEN NOODLE! Get you some TheraFlu! Rest and Ginger Ale!

Rest all day today, since you took off. Dont even do anything around the house. You have folks living there that are fully capable of helping you out (your kids lol).

Its ok to take a day, use it, so you can feel better tomorrow  ac_smile

I do the same, I'll usually take the worst day I feel off. Bounce back the next day  ac_dance
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I did something I haven't done in a long time......I took a sick day..

My flu is worse today.

Rest all day today, since you took off. Dont even do anything around the house. You have folks living there that are fully capable of helping you out (your kids lol).

I do the same, I'll usually take the worst day I feel off. Bounce back the next day  ac_dance

I knew last night that I wouldn't feel better today, so I made my husband and my son's lunches and put them in the fridge for them......my daughter eats at a cafeteria at her university..

I took some turkey soup out of the freezer......I'll microwave it for lunch.

Anonymous

My flu is worse today.

I hope you get better soon. Your kids are old enough to wait on you today.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

My flu is worse today.

I knew last night that I wouldn't feel better today, so I made my husband and my son's lunches and put them in the fridge for them......my daughter eats at a cafeteria at her university..

I took some turkey soup out of the freezer......I'll microwave it for lunch.

Good job  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

My flu is worse today.

I posted the same, but realized after I posted it, that getting teens to do anything is easier said than done  :laugh:

Anonymous

My flu is worse today.

I posted the same, but realized after I posted it, that getting teens to do anything is easier said than done  :laugh:

I don't have kids. but I will take your word for it.

Blazor

My flu is worse today.

Its like pulling teeth!

Anonymous

My flu is worse today.

Its like pulling teeth!

I wasn't like that. I worked at my parents gas station and convenience store when I was a teen.