The best topic

Replies: 10611
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:09:32 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I got a ten minute commute from my condo to my office. Jealous Blazor. ac_razz

:laugh:

I am! That is the worst part about this job, the drive.

When I delivered pizzas, I was only 15 minutes from work. Close enough, that if I did a delivery on the far side of town, I could almost swing by the house lol.

We've been over this before, but I don't know why you commute that far for such low wages. I live about fifty minutes North of Toronto and I know many people who make that commute everyday. But, they earn a minimum of six figures. Less than that and it isn't worth it.

I know  :sad:

Hopefully things will get better this year.

Can you do anything else besides the printing trade?

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"I got a ten minute commute from my condo to my office. Jealous Blazor. ac_razz

When I delivered pizzas, I was only 15 minutes from work. Close enough, that if I did a delivery on the far side of town, I could almost swing by the house lol.

We've been over this before, but I don't know why you commute that far for such low wages. I live about fifty minutes North of Toronto and I know many people who make that commute everyday. But, they earn a minimum of six figures. Less than that and it isn't worth it.

Im a quick learner at anything!

Im a graphic designer, but they aint in demand here. Also Im a damn good driver, but dont have a CDL, nor want one.

Sad thing is, I dont even know what I wanna do anymore. And starting anywhere requires a pay cut usually.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Im a graphic designer, but they aint in demand here. Also Im a damn good driver, but dont have a CDL, nor want one.

Sad thing is, I dont even know what I wanna do anymore. And starting anywhere requires a pay cut usually.

How can you go much lower than the wage you are making now.

Blazor

Its the area. Low wages everywhere.

Thiel

Remind me again where you live?
gay, conservative and proud

Blazor

Quote from: "Thiel"

Hey Thiel  :JC_howdy:

Im in the Southwest part of Virginia, Roanoke area.

Thiel

That's right. You did tell me that before.

I was in Colorado, Utah and Arizona recently. They all seem to be a job seeker's market.

Blazor

I was in Colorado, Utah and Arizona recently. They all seem to be a job seeker's market.

I gotcha. In Northern VA things are booming. Here it seems jobs are coming back, but wages are stagnant for the most part.

Thiel

I gotcha. In Northern VA things are booming. Here it seems jobs are coming back, but wages are stagnant for the most part.

The Southern part of the state is growing, but starting from further behind.

Blazor

Pretty much lol. We were coming along fairly good, til the Obama era, then places started closing up and moving out of the area. Feels like its making a comeback, but very slow.

Thiel

Pretty much lol. We were coming along fairly good, til the Obama era, then places started closing up and moving out of the area. Feels like its making a comeback, but very slow.

Comebacks from a a prolonged downturn move at a snail's pace. I hope you are able to find a better job without moving.

Blazor

Comebacks from a a prolonged downturn move at a snail's pace. I hope you are able to find a better job without moving.

Thanks Thiel!

I've been here all my life, I love it here. Not the city mind you, but being surrounded by forestry and mountains.

My brother chose to move to Seattle, my friend I grew up with moved to Florida, and now my best friend is moving to Myrtle Beach. Sucks. Such is life though.

Thiel

Thanks Thiel!

I've been here all my life, I love it here. Not the city mind you, but being surrounded by forestry and mountains.

My brother chose to move to Seattle, my friend I grew up with moved to Florida, and now my best friend is moving to Myrtle Beach. Sucks. Such is life though.

Moving is expensive. It only makes sense if you are unemployed or you have a much better paying job lined up.

Blazor

Thanks Thiel!

Moving is expensive. It only makes sense if you are unemployed or you have a much better paying job lined up.

My brother got the better paying job, my best friend wound up unemployed lol. Wasnt his fault, cant believe they did him like they did after he had been there 31 years.

But you're right man.

Anonymous

Thanks Thiel!

My brother got the better paying job, my best friend wound up unemployed lol. Wasnt his fault, cant believe they did him like they did after he had been there 31 years.

But you're right man.

You have a friend that was terminated after thirty one years at the same company?