The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights

Guys, here I thought we have to travel up north or go to Scandinavia so I can see the northern lights. Wow, lo and behold, the northern lights came to me. I can now see them just from the comfort of our bed. Wow. I have finally seen the aurora borealis. Bucket list item checked off. Amazing beauty.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=472738 time=1661357846 user_id=73
A friend who worked in Japan as a teacher lived there for about three years. She told me she will never go back. She said the country is beautiful but she does not want to go back there again to work and live. I can't remember the exact cause she gave me.

Japan and Korea are rich countries, but hard to fit in.

Anonymous

There are 50,000 people in solitary confinement in the US.

Anonymous

Faced with a shallow talent pool and short of its recruitment goals for the year, the Army introduced a remedial program earlier this month to bolster previously ineligible recruits' physical or academic capabilities. The aim of the program is to help recruits who meet all other qualifications for enlistment to advance to basic training and thereby close some of the gap in the military's recruitment figures.

Recruits qualify for the Future Soldier Preparatory Course at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, if they previously failed to meet the Army's physical or academic requirements, but not both. Recruits must also take the Occupational Physical Assessment Test, w

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Jerry Mathers as the Beaver" post_id=472802 time=1661381129 user_id=1689
Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=472738 time=1661357846 user_id=73
A friend who worked in Japan as a teacher lived there for about three years. She told me she will never go back. She said the country is beautiful but she does not want to go back there again to work and live. I can't remember the exact cause she gave me.

Japan and Korea are rich countries, but hard to fit in.

:thumbup: You got that right.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=473628 time=1661785318
Faced with a shallow talent pool and short of its recruitment goals for the year, the Army introduced a remedial program earlier this month to bolster previously ineligible recruits' physical or academic capabilities. The aim of the program is to help recruits who meet all other qualifications for enlistment to advance to basic training and thereby close some of the gap in the military's recruitment figures.

Recruits qualify for the Future Soldier Preparatory Course at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, if they previously failed to meet the Army's physical or academic requirements, but not both. Recruits must also take the Occupational Physical Assessment Test, w

:ohmy:
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Paddleboarding in the lakes of the rockies is most enjoyable.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=473705 time=1661890152 user_id=73

I never tried it. Do you hire a guiding service?

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Jerry Mathers as the Beaver" post_id=473712 time=1661900638 user_id=1689
Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=473705 time=1661890152 user_id=73

I've seen the paddleboarders and I figured it looks so easy that I can do that too. Well, it's not as easy as I thought. It helps to take a beginners lesson before doing it. Once you are confident then you can buy your own paddleboard and go any time you want any where you want but you've got to be able to carry it on your car or get an inflatable one.

If you have a hard time getting up and getting down, this may not be for you. You get on the board with your knees and then you slowly get up. In the midst of it all, you have to stay balanced so you want to be in the center of the board and avoid moving too much unless you have become pretty confident with your balance.

The wind is a factor because it can take you farther than you want to go so it is important to know how to paddle correctly. The teacher will teach you all the proper ways in the beginners class, how to paddle forward, how to turn to the right or the left, how to turn around, and how to break.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

It doesn't look easy.

Anonymous

The governor of Mississippi declared a state of emergency for Jackson, the state capital, after a water treatment plant failed, and urged residents not to drink the water.

"Until it is fixed, it means we do not have reliable running water at scale. It means the city cannot produce enough water to fight fires, to reliably flush toilets, and to meet other critical needs," Gov. Tate Reeves said in reference to the emergency over the treatment plant.

Anonymous

The IRS removed the North Carolina NAACP's tax-exempt status on May 15 after the organization failed to file tax returns for three consecutive years. The IRS also reported that many local NAACP branches across the state had their tax-exempt status revoked for the same reason. :thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=473725 time=1661915138 user_id=73
Quote from: "Jerry Mathers as the Beaver" post_id=473712 time=1661900638 user_id=1689

I've seen the paddleboarders and I figured it looks so easy that I can do that too. Well, it's not as easy as I thought. It helps to take a beginners lesson before doing it. Once you are confident then you can buy your own paddleboard and go any time you want any where you want but you've got to be able to carry it on your car or get an inflatable one.

If you have a hard time getting up and getting down, this may not be for you. You get on the board with your knees and then you slowly get up. In the midst of it all, you have to stay balanced so you want to be in the center of the board and avoid moving too much unless you have become pretty confident with your balance.

The wind is a factor because it can take you farther than you want to go so it is important to know how to paddle correctly. The teacher will teach you all the proper ways in the beginners class, how to paddle forward, how to turn to the right or the left, how to turn around, and how to break.

I believe there is a knack to it.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=473874 time=1662042418
The governor of Mississippi declared a state of emergency for Jackson, the state capital, after a water treatment plant failed, and urged residents not to drink the water.

"Until it is fixed, it means we do not have reliable running water at scale. It means the city cannot produce enough water to fight fires, to reliably flush toilets, and to meet other critical needs," Gov. Tate Reeves said in reference to the emergency over the treatment plant.

I saw video of the disaster in Jackson on the news.

Anonymous

A vegan woman from Florida was sentenced to life in prison on Monday for the starvation death of her 18-month-old son.

Sheila O'Leary, 38, had her family follow a strict vegan diet, according to NBC News. O'Leary said that her family adheres to a strict diet of raw fruits and vegetables. Her husband – Ryan Patrick O'Leary – told investigators that his infant son also received breast milk.

Ezra O'Leary – the Cape Coral couple's 18-month-old son – died on Sept. 27, 2019. Police said the baby weighed just 17 pounds at the time of death. Authorities estimate that baby Ezra was the size of a 7-month-old infant when he died.