The best topic

Replies: 7374
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

formosan

I saw HAlloween candy on the shelves at Dollarama yesterday evening..
:signes-smileys-emoticons174:
too old to be a fashionista

Oerdin

I just clipped my toe and finger nails.

Shen Li

Quote from: Oerdin on August 03, 2023, 11:41:36 PM
I just clipped my toe and finger nails.
Did they bleed?

DKG

While the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team has many beefs, one of the women's biggest complaints has been their "disparaging" salaries compared to what their male counterparts earn.

But, are they just getting by? Let's take a look.

The number-one highest-paid women's soccer player on this planet: Alex Morgan from the United States, what did she make? $70K a year? $80K a year? Turns out $7.1 million is her actual salary.

But Alex Morgan isn't the only player making it big.

Megan Rapinoe earns $7 million, and Trinity Rodman earns $2.3 million.

How do you make ends meet on just $2.3 million?

Crystal Dunn, Julie Ertz, and Sophia Smith all earn $2 million a year as well.

Clearly these professional athletes aren't struggling to make ends meet.

And yet, even though they now share revenue with the men's team, they just got permission from the U.S. Soccer Federation ... to go ahead and kneel during the national anthem again.

It's pathetic. They are  millionaires and they are not bringing in the same revenue as the men, so you got a sweet deal for yourself – what are they complaining about.

Herman

Chinese homebuyers are making a comeback in the United States now that Beijing has lifted its "zero COVID" policy, and they're showing more interest in homes and vacation residences than investment properties as they did a decade ago, a recent report found.

"Home purchases from Chinese buyers increased after China relaxed the world's strictest pandemic lockdown policy," said National Association of Realtors (NAR) Chief Economist Lawrence Yun.

The NAR's yearly report on foreign purchases of U.S. residential real estate pointed to an overall dip that it attributed largely to the COVID-19 pandemic and the current lack of U.S. housing inventory. NAR is the country's largest trade association, representing both residential and commercial real estate industries.

DKG

The Supreme Court put on hold a proposed bankruptcy plan for beleaguered opioid manufacturer Purdue Pharma, which is accused of playing a major role in fueling the ongoing opioid crisis.

Although the Aug. 10 ruling does not finalize the case, it is a tactical victory for the Biden administration, which urged the court to take action.

The problem with the plan, according to the government, is that it includes a financial settlement that allows the owners of the company to avoid future lawsuits related to its allegedly irresponsible marketing practices and for other now-frowned-upon company policies said to have contributed to the rise of opioid abuse in the United States.

DKG

Americans 65 years and older reported a median annual income of $47,620 in 2021, according to the United States Census Bureau. However, the median for all households came in much higher, at $70,784. Furthermore, the 65-and-older figure was 2.6% lower than in 2020. Especially once medical expenses are factored in, it's risky at best to count on Social Security to cover all retirement expenses.

DKG

Bad news for pasta lovers.

Pasta lovers must brace to pay even higher prices for their favorite dish, as drought in Canada and bad weather in Europe damages crops of durum wheat and reduces supplies available to flour millers and food companies.

Italy's government called a crisis meeting in May as prices for the staple food jumped by more than double the national inflation rate. With global production of durum wheat headed for a 22-year low, Italy's famed pasta makers have had to turn to unusual suppliers such as Turkey for their main ingredient.

Oerdin

Quote from: Herman on July 27, 2023, 05:30:00 PMA fat person convention, also known as "Fat Con," will be the first of its kind hosted at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The October 2023 "fat-focused convention" told the Philadelphia Enquirer that the event will be better than just providing buzzwords like "body positivity" and "body neutrality."

The idea of the convention, according to operators, is to help fat people navigate "this fatphobic world and society in a different way."

A self described fat activist demands that hallways become larger and that hotels start giving fat people XXXL bathrobes and towels.  Claims it is discrimination if they don't.

https://youtu.be/ZsddZZTdE68?si=L0V6Besp1dvk8KRL

All because she can't stop stuffing garbage in her mouth.

Shen Li

DKG

On this day, eighty nine years ago, Elvis Aaron Presley was born.

Brent

I did not know this. I like locally produced honey in my tea. Alway using a metal spoon 🥄

Did you know that one of the world's first coins had a bee symbol?
Did you know that honey contains live enzymes?
Did you know that in contact with a metal spoon, these enzymes die?  The best way to eat honey is with a wooden spoon;  if you can't find one, use a plastic spoon.
Did you know that honey contains a substance that helps the brain work better?
Did you know that honey is one of the few foods on earth that alone can sustain human life?
Did you know that bees saved people from starvation in Africa?
That a spoonful of honey is enough to keep a man alive for 24 hours?
Did you know that propolis produced by bees is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics?
Did you know that honey has no expiry date?
Did you know that the bodies of the world's greatest emperors were buried in gold coffins, then covered in honey to prevent putrefaction?
Did you know that the term "Honeymoon" (honeymoon) comes from the fact that the bride and groom consumed honey for fertility after their marriage?
Did you know that a bee lives less than 40 days, visits at least 1000 flowers and produces less than a teaspoon of honey, but for her it is the work of a lifetime.
Thank you precious bees!