The best topic

Replies: 10564
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:39:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"Did the land have services?

Had an old single wide trailer on it, but I found a lot of mold. It had electric, well, and septic tank. He was mostly selling it for the land, he didnt count the trailer.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Had an old single wide trailer on it, but I found a lot of mold. It had electric, well, and septic tank. He was mostly selling it for the land, he didnt count the trailer.

Was it on a maintained road?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Was it on a maintained road?

Yup, only the driveway was gravel and went straight up the mountain lol.

Anonymous

I guess that's about as good as you can expect for that low price.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I conducted an experiment in my city one day and these are my observations.

When you smile at people you encounter while you are out and about, they either:

1. are taken by surprise that you are smiling at them and are uncertain whether to smile back or not

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

In my observation, the numbers are pretty even between those who smiled back and those who had no reaction.

When I was younger, people would acknowledged each other with a smile or a nod. Today, people can be up close to each other like in a packed train or

walking on the street and most people avoid eye contact. Could this be a sign of a growing trend? Are we more comfortable in ignoring our fellowmen even if they are within our immediate space?

I smile quite often, and nod a good bit too. When I was in Seattle visiting my brother, he was amazed while we walked that so many smiled or waved back to me. He said that never happens to him. I told him he needed to smile more lol. He also tried advising me to ignore a guy at the bus stop, but thats not how I roll. If Im talked to, I'll talk back.

I do believe it is a trend, cause some folks stay stuck in their phone and Fakebook. Easy for them to ignore people. They develop a mentality that ignoring is ok.

No ignoring where I live. Everybody knows each other in the town.

I suppose less ignoring in smaller towns. More ignoring in bigger cities.

I hate city living,

Im with ya there man! I'd rather live in Odi's cabin  :laugh:

:thumbup: Thanks, fellas, for your input.

I like both. The downtown energizes me but I need the country to fuel creativity in writing and painting mainly. The downtown pulse excites but the serenity of the countryside calms and quiets.

I think you nailed it.

I live on the outskirts of the city, but not enough in the country at all. Most my childhood I lived in the city and hated it, longed for the country. Think thats why I loved going to my aunts a lot, woods were around, and I was always in 'em lol. But now, I seem to like a lil bit of city, and didnt realize it, it is like you said, energizes you. Downtown here has gotten better, more to get into, but if I had to choose downtown or camping, I would pick camping lol. My city to woods ratio is prolly 20/80 on how often I like each of them lol. Had you asked me 10 years ago, I would've picked woods 100%.

Other than Regina and Calgary, all the cities I've lived in have been abroad. Give me the countryside with my own land any day. The main reason I never retired abroad is could never own a half section outside Canada.

Before my wife died, I almost got 40 acres. Was only $60,000 but almost all mountain. Bank said it had to be a land loan, which required 20% plus closing costs. Was no way I could do it since I was about to be on my own. Had an awesome view, and you couldnt see ANY neighbors. Another one of those lost opportunities.

Hell, I would have bought that.

Blazor

I wanted to  :sad:

Anonymous

Herman should've bought it and rented it to you.

Anonymous

The truth is, that property would be good for hunting, but that's it. I need arable land  for crops and grazing.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Herman should've bought it and rented it to you.

:laugh:

Blazor

The truth is, that property would be good for hunting, but that's it. I need arable land  for crops and grazing.

You are mostly right, it was mostly a mountain. Deer a plenty up there, I saw plenty of tracks, and bear. The owner said he didnt go on the other side of the mountain on the property after he saw all the bear poop, he said that was the bear's part of the mountain lol.

As far as for farming, if it wasnt for it being mostly clay dirt, I would say do it like the Asians lol.

https://img.getaway.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/China-Agriculture.jpg">

Anonymous

You are mostly right, it was mostly a mountain. Deer a plenty up there, I saw plenty of tracks, and bear. The owner said he didnt go on the other side of the mountain on the property after he saw all the bear poop, he said that was the bear's part of the mountain lol.

As far as for farming, if it wasnt for it being mostly clay dirt, I would say do it like the Asians lol.

https://img.getaway.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/China-Agriculture.jpg">

Not the same type of mountains, soil or climate.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

You shush, Im trying to get Herman to rent me some land  :laugh:

Only joking lol. It got bought by someone else several years ago.

Anonymous

You know what. If you find out about a similar deal, post it here. I don't mean mountain property, though I am not excluding that. Just a good deal on land. Post it.

Blazor

You know what. If you find out about a similar deal, post it here. I don't mean mountain property, though I am not excluding that. Just a good deal on land. Post it.

I use to look for good deals a lot, til things happened, and I had to put all that on hold.

Prices are going up around here, but can still find some real good deals outside of the city. I'll post any if I see 'em. That 40 acre one was in Callaway, which in Franklin County, Moonshine Capital of the World lol.

For half a million to a million, you could get a very nice home on 100 acres around here.

Anonymous

I use to look for good deals a lot, til things happened, and I had to put all that on hold.

Prices are going up around here, but can still find some real good deals outside of the city. I'll post any if I see 'em. That 40 acre one was in Callaway, which in Franklin County, Moonshine Capital of the World lol.

For half a million to a million, you could get a very nice home on 100 acres around here.

That is still a bargain where I live. But, I mean deals on land for less than one hundred grand.