Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

White People Suck

Started by Anonymous, August 09, 2015, 05:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Because apparently Chinese people think so.

It is offensive to Chinese people.

keeper

I called a Native man "Indian" and he got really offended

Romero

I've rarely seen any indigenous person offended by the term. I've certainly heard "Indian" used by themselves plenty of times. I prefer "First Nation" here in Canada, but most American Indians don't have a problem calling themselves American Indian. Even many indigenous South Americans call themselves Indians.

Though I have often found the term a little strange to use. "Indian" is supposed to mean someone from what's the current country of India. I guess some people are going to feel offended by something. It's hard to know when sometimes.

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "RW"I can't stand reading the word "chink".  It's rather vulgar which I think is beneath you Spec.

Its odd that people think that way, and reflects a certain "white holier-than-thou arrogance".

Chink is slang for Chinese. It is not a derogatory term.

I am called a "pom" because I'm British.

You are called a "canuck".

Americans are called "Yanks"

New Zealanders are called "kiwis".

Australians are called "Aussies".

Do you see the common denominator there? Those nations are white. But we don't mind being called a slang term.

However, we then declare that applying the same principle to other, non-white, nations is "racist". How is that?

Chinese are called "ch1nks" (sometimes slopes, because of their eyes, but that is somewhat disparaging). Pakistanis are called "pakis". Egyptians are called "gyppos". These terms are merely a slang of their formal nationality, and imply no insult or offence.

Stupid Canuck.

Check the dictionary if you can't understand. It'll tell you if it's a slang, a derogatory, or if it's racist. Even a child can understand why certain terms are used as certain terms.

It's all in the context. A slightly higher way of thinking.

Come up to me and call me a Canuck. I'm a proud Canuck, and even lucky enough to be a Vancouver Canucks fan. You'll put a big smile on my face.

Come up to an Asian or black and call them chinks and niggers. See the difference yet? Because you certainly would if you dared.

Certain terms have been mainly used as either being slang, derogatory or racist because they're being used as mainly either slang, derogatory or racist. It's not that hard to figure out which ones are which.

You're comparing the incredibly cute nickname "kiwi" to derogatory and racial slurs? Seriously?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"What's the cutesie name for Chinese people?

China dolls.

Romero

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Chink is offensive and you know it.  

And you call me stupid.

Oh?

Then why is the Iron Chink using it as her alias???

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"What's the cutesie name for Chinese people?

Fashionista

:laugh:

Wulf

Quote from: "Romero"I've rarely seen any indigenous person offended by the term. I've certainly heard "Indian" used by themselves plenty of times. I prefer "First Nation" here in Canada, but most American Indians don't have a problem calling themselves American Indian. Even many indigenous South Americans call themselves Indians.

Though I have often found the term a little strange to use. "Indian" is supposed to mean someone from what's the current country of India. I guess some people are going to feel offended by something. It's hard to know when sometimes.

Really, why is that?

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "RW"Chink is offensive and you know it.  

And you call me stupid.

Oh?

Then why is the Iron Chink using it as her alias???

It isn't offensive when one uses it on herself.

Stop playing dumb.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Scary thought for today , What if he isn't  "playing"

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview