Replies: 7502
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:54:36 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Are You Using/Will You Use Windows 10?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 09, 2015, 06:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Good afternoon, Blue People. Has anyone used Windows 10 yet?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Good afternoon, Blue People. Has anyone used Windows 10 yet?

Not yet.

Annie

I downloaded it onto a usb flashdrive but I haven't gotten around to it. Not sure if I want to until others have and see how it holds up.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

cc

Yup. I guess I'm special to Microsoft - it was waiting for me on the first morning it came out

We had already discussed it with our programmer who had tested beta versions so it was an immediate go. Also, I need it as we have to test our product on all versions

Saved all data externally just in case - was not needed as everything is intact

Install was sweet - smooth as silk. All programs including all the latest version of several different AutoCADs ran like nothing had happened. No re-installs needed.

Have been using it since, I think it came out July 28 or 29?

A few frozen mouse but maybe I need to reinstall Logitech software. It's that fancy mouse with all the toys and always was  touchy at times

All in all it couldn't be better and the softwares on my machine are a real test for any system
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Welcome to the world of Apple.

Interesting that a Windows user is surprised at a smooth transition.

I'll stick with Apple.

cc

You misquote. I have always found Windows a smooth and enjoyable transition and was never "surprised" in the least with any upgrade.

So fucking there!!

So go suck your sour granny apple  ac_smile

Edit - No offence meant Annie

Bricktop

You have?

Have you ever heard of Windows Millenium? How about Vista, that single handedly caused many Windows users to switch to Apple than any other "issue", myself being one of them.

Windows 7 was a diabolical mess, that, if memory serves, had massive updates shortly after release to fix all the bugs.

So, go lick your Windows.

Annie

Took me a re read to get that ^ CC   :laugh3:  No offense taken
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

cc

I know nothing about Millenium. Couldn't have been much cause we are a really high teck software producer and would know if it meant something

XP was as good as it gets - loved it and it ran the biggest programs that your granny apple wouldn't even know about

The Vista blabber was pure bullshit - we ran our stuff on it like a dream. Never missed a beat

7 was even better and as clean as it gets

8 even more fun to run

10 is silk

As obviously you don't run the heavy stuff, you'll be OK sucking your granny apple

Your "memory"  I'll leave alone  ac_smile

Bricktop

Oh, no...I didn't work as an IT professional and consultant for 20 odd years either.

Let me help...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/165133/vista_or_windows_me.html">http://www.pcworld.com/article/165133/v ... ws_me.html">http://www.pcworld.com/article/165133/vista_or_windows_me.html

I love the way the writer glosses over the Vista issues as if they were trivial. Like, installing Vista then finding out that your Adobe software doesn't run.

Or that the networking capability was rife with bugs and errors.

Nah...it had a pretty interface, so the rest of the catastrophes don't mean anything...except in an organisation with 10, 50, or hundreds of PC's. Vista was the reason MANY large installations stayed with XP until Windows fucked them over and refused ongoing support.

cc

We don't read about them, we use them

Dunno mate - we run the real heavy stuff every day  .. and hard ... and EVERY version has done us extremely well

Further, as we have to test on the latest, we have always upgraded "day one  .. when it was virgin" - still have never had any problem

Even the much besmirched Vista did us well. The only complaint might be that it needed a lot of ram & ran fast only with a lot of ram.

I know, I know, sour apples is a cult and we all know how cult members have to think their way is best    ac_smile

Bricktop

"Real heavy stuff"?

What, your computers shift shipping containers?

The tide of change flows but in a single direction. Towards Apple. The only reason people stay with Windows is that the computers are cheap...and then they wonder why they break down.

Kneel before your false idol. Only Apple is to the true path to nerd Nirvana.

cc

Still using the same words apple cultists used 15 years ago .. or longer ago

The difference between M and apple uses is that M users do work in the real world and really don't care about M .. it's just a platform that works extremely well for them ... just software .. abandoned in a heartbeat if something better actually came along

On the other hand, Apple users actually love a fucking cold hard company / concept because cultists / believers  have to love their cult / religion, eh?

Apple cultist would rather die than change

Bricktop

That "cold hard company" has transformed the world, whilst Microsoft sat on its duff thinking they were unassailable and masters of technology.

While they relied on milking customers, Apple innovated, and excelled in making the best hardware and software for their users.

I've used both, and Windows is still light years behind OSX. Both in functionality, response times and reliability.

But, keeping on using that old steam powered system...