Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Are You Using/Will You Use Windows 10?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 09, 2015, 06:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I'm speaking of real world, business world, working on usually very large drawings on real computers. While having supper, our conversation came to mind. I discussed it with my mate, We both  suddenly realized that after years of talking by phone about and instructing use of our  software to engineers around the world, mainly Civils, that we have never had an engineer even ask "does  our software ran on Apple OS"

That kind of sums it up. Real working engineers don't use apple OS, period.

OK, toy computer phones and tabs, may be different. I wouldn't know because we must use use and develop for real computers for real heavy engineering work. Where the rubber meets the road, for REAL work on real computers,  apple is so moot that it has never even came up in conversation over the last 10 years.  

You cultists can blabber your religion all you wish, but all the blabber cannot change that.

As to loyalty which you implied, IF another OS came along that outdoes W, we and all engineers will be onto it like a dog in heat. For business people who do real work there is no loyalty, no cult, no bullshit. It's just what best does the job.

If I ever get asked that question "does  our software ran on Apple OS", I will message you. Till then don't wait for my message as it may be a while. Meantime, carry on carrying on.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Are you serious??

90% of design companies use Apple!!!

Most digital video editing is done on Apple.

Almost ALL photographic studios use Apple.

Virtually every movie you see is edited on Apple.

ALL CGI effects are done on Apple.

Get in touch with the real world.

What happened to Microsoft Zune? Windows Surface (has anyone bought one of those pieces of garbage). Microsoft Phone? Never seen one. They bought Nokia and it tanked.

And all you have is engineering software? Even THAT runs on Apple.

cc

As I said, we produce very expensive and very heavy duty complex software for Civil Engineering firms, US Govt. and large Municipalities. We have never had an engineer even ask "does our software ran on Apple OS"

If or when we do get several who ask, we would of course  begin to take it seriously. Till then  it is moot and we will stay with what is run by the pros from those areas of business

Anonymous

cc

I like it Fash. The best features of 7 & 8, and somewhat faster .. at least for our type work ... uses memory more efficiently

So far, smooth as silk

We have thrown some extremely large drawings at it to push it. It handled them very clean  and very fast

That said, 7, 8 or 10 are all good choices

Wulf

Quote from: "cc la femme"As I said, we produce very expensive and very heavy duty complex software for Civil Engineering firms, US Govt. and large Municipalities. We have never had an engineer even ask "does our software ran on Apple OS"

If or when we do get several who ask, we would of course  begin to take it seriously. Till then  it is moot and we will stay with what is run by the pros from those areas of business

Exactly, these Apple assholes can come talk to me when it can run Autocad or Autodesk MEP OR...... God forbid....Revit and can produce an actual working construction dwg. Until then Apple is nothing more than a geeks electronic coloring book.

There is a reason why Apple operating systems don't get viruses, it's not powerful enough to host one.  :laugh3:

cc

lol, that well could be. And I always was told it was because there are so few of them around it was not worth a hacker's time and effort .  Maybe a bit of both = totally hack-safe

BTW - 10 really runs large drawings well, and is especially strong on modeling algorithm calculations within drawings

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "cc la femme"As I said, we produce very expensive and very heavy duty complex software for Civil Engineering firms, US Govt. and large Municipalities. We have never had an engineer even ask "does our software ran on Apple OS"

Exactly, these Apple assholes can come talk to me when it can run Autocad or Autodesk MEP OR...... God forbid....Revit and can produce an actual working construction dwg. Until then Apple is nothing more than a geeks electronic coloring book.

There is a reason why Apple operating systems don't get viruses, it's not powerful enough to host one.  :laugh3:

Hey, grunt...

http://www.autodesk.com.au/campaigns/autodesk-autocad-sem-trial?src=OMSE&mktvar002=590511__ENGINE=GoogleANZ__CAMPAIGN=ANZ_G_AutoCAD_B__ADGROUP=AutoCAD_B_Mac_Exact__KEYWORD=autocad++for++mac__MATCHTYPE=Exact__CREATIVE=80711627409&gclid=CI7diOnYnccCFRADvAodFHgGVA">http://www.autodesk.com.au/campaigns/au ... vAodFHgGVA">http://www.autodesk.com.au/campaigns/autodesk-autocad-sem-trial?src=OMSE&mktvar002=590511__ENGINE=GoogleANZ__CAMPAIGN=ANZ_G_AutoCAD_B__ADGROUP=AutoCAD_B_Mac_Exact__KEYWORD=autocad++for++mac__MATCHTYPE=Exact__CREATIVE=80711627409&gclid=CI7diOnYnccCFRADvAodFHgGVA

Says Autocad for Mac... ac_razz

cc

You should have quit while you were behind

If it does run AutoCAD, and I think it does, in 10 years of interaction with our clients, not one of them mentioned it = virtually no one uses it

Note: We try to keep records of all our client's OS and AutoCAD versions and years so we can advise and assist them in future

cc

Say - what's this Vegemite alcohol thingy? You guys moon shining now?

http://www.smh.com.au/national/vegemite-being-used-to-make-homemade-alcohol-in-dry-communities-reports-20150808-giutpp.html#ixzz3iNtYPX6p">Vegemite being used to make homemade alcohol in dry communities: reports

Vegemite could be ending up in more than sandwiches, following reports of the yeast extract being used to make homemade alcohol in dry communities across Queensland and the Northern Territory.

The problem has been described as prolific in some areas in the Northern Territory, with reported instances of people buying up to twenty jars of Australia's favourite spread at a time, for the brewing of homemade alcohol.

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion said the goal was for local communities to take a greater responsibility in restricting excessive sales of high-yeast products, rather than impose a legislative ban on the food products.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc la femme"You should have quit while you were behind

If it does run AutoCAD, and I think it does, in 10 years of interaction with our clients, not one of them mentioned it = virtually no one uses it

Note: We try to keep records of all our client's OS and AutoCAD versions and years so we can advise and assist them in future

Read what Sgt Fury wrote...

Quotethese Apple assholes can come talk to me when it can run Autocad or Autodesk MEP OR

Is that his phone ringing?

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc la femme"Say - what's this Vegemite alcohol thingy? You guys moon shining now?

http://www.smh.com.au/national/vegemite-being-used-to-make-homemade-alcohol-in-dry-communities-reports-20150808-giutpp.html#ixzz3iNtYPX6p">Vegemite being used to make homemade alcohol in dry communities: reports

Vegemite could be ending up in more than sandwiches, following reports of the yeast extract being used to make homemade alcohol in dry communities across Queensland and the Northern Territory.

The problem has been described as prolific in some areas in the Northern Territory, with reported instances of people buying up to twenty jars of Australia's favourite spread at a time, for the brewing of homemade alcohol.

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion said the goal was for local communities to take a greater responsibility in restricting excessive sales of high-yeast products, rather than impose a legislative ban on the food products.

See. Vegemite can do anything!!!

There is even Vegemite chocolate!!

https://thetravellingtiles.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/cadbury-vegemite.jpg">

That story is a massive beat up. Apparently someone worked out that the brewers yeast in Vegemite can be used to ferment alcohol.

It's utter bullshit. Any yeast will do...including yeast used to make bread. They can ferment alcohol quite easily without it using potatoes, fruit...even cactii.

cc

I was just ateasin mate. Figured it was a blown up or bogus tale

cc

Quotethese Apple assholes can come talk to me when it can run Autocad or Autodesk MEP OR
 that is a specific AutoCAD he runs  ... that will not run on apple . he's quite sane and in fact appears to be running very advanced stuff

Bricktop

Why would a mud caked grunt want design software?