News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Is it fair for women in the workplace to use maternity leave every 1-2 years?

Started by Frood, August 11, 2015, 10:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Seriously. If material wealth and possessions override the responsibility of parenthood, then don't be parents.

Our children are screaming all over the world: It doesn't WORK.

RW

See this is my problem with you righties.  You don't want women to take time off of work, you discriminate against us, you want us to stay at home although we can't afford to, and then you'll turn around and bitch when we have to bring in immigrants to populate our countries.

Can you maybe come up with a solution that is based on a semblance of reality that you can actually live with?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"That's fine. One salary will cover it if the lifestyle has been PLANNED and thought through.

The days of one income are over.

What can you expect from an old fuck that still thinks it's the 1960s. Somebody aught to wake him up and tell him "Father Knows Best" was cancelled 50 years ago.

You would think that Apple watch that he is so proud of would have a reality alarm on it.

RW

I expect him to answer my question as he's an intelligent and capable man.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"I expect him to answer my question as he's an intelligent and capable man.

Okay you go right ahead and wait for his answer....but his position is already pretty clear.

But when it's more of the same old sexist tripe and more of the "save the children/damn the selfish parents clap trap", I promise I will not say ,"I told you so".

This thread is another one of those threads that goes nowhere. Opinions will not be changed and the exchange of ideas will not take place. This is because people like the OP don't want solutions, they are looking for commiseration.

RW

Sometimes it's about the discussion more than changing minds or agreeing on outcomes.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"See this is my problem with you righties.  You don't want women to take time off of work, you discriminate against us, you want us to stay at home although we can't afford to, and then you'll turn around and bitch when we have to bring in immigrants to populate our countries.

Can you maybe come up with a solution that is based on a semblance of reality that you can actually live with?

We do NOT discriminate against you.

Mother Nature went "eeny meeny..." and picked females to carry and deliver. That is not man's fault, your employer's fault, or society's fault.

Its how it is.

But you want to have babies, but continue with a lifestyle that takes away your parental role. Whilst there must be some dispensation to women who decide to have children, forcing employers to carry you in the process is untenable.

Women of childbirthing age will find it more and more difficult to attain senior positions, or even more mid-range positions, when an employer knows the fucking around they have to endure when they have babies.

Its too much trouble and cost for employers already trying to survive.

This is yet again the consequence of typical leftard/feminist philosophy; make the bosses pay, even if it costs jobs.

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"Sometimes it's about the discussion more than changing minds or agreeing on outcomes.

Discussion without agreement is a waste of time and a expenditure of a lot of hot air. There is already enough of that around here eminating from the usual sources.

Last I checked people have a right to have children if they wish and at the same time make a living. In fact that is ethically preferable to having children while sucking on the taxpayer funded dole. If employers must take up the temporary slack then it is the least they can do to maintain a healthy society and viable workforce.

This is a ridiculous thread started by a ridiculous trite individual who isnt interested in discussion. It simply wants agreement with its dissatisfaction with its countries maternity leave policies. I believe a previous poster called it "whining", well that's as close as it gets. Let's stop pussy footing around and call a spade a spade, shall we?

RW

I have learned so much from discussions where no agreement was to be had.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"I have learned so much from discussions where no agreement was to be had.

Really, like what?

The word "learned" implies that you came away with info that was worthwhile retaining. Are you sure that "learned" is the proper term. Perhaps in the context of venues like this forum the word "verified" would be a better choice?

In a community like this, we all pretty much know where we all stand on any given issue. Most opinions will fall along ideological or socio-economic lines and it's not exactly difficult to figure out in short order who stands where.

I can pretty much say up front that about 90% of what comes out of the mouth of say Dingus or Romero or even you I will disagree with, sometimes vehemently. It makes any kind of discussion worthless and reduces any exchange of opinion to wasted prattle.

That's why I usually avoid places like this. I've learned a long time ago that forums that have no direction in terms of interest and topics are nothing more than flame forums, simmering and waiting to erupt.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "RW"See this is my problem with you righties.  You don't want women to take time off of work, you discriminate against us, you want us to stay at home although we can't afford to, and then you'll turn around and bitch when we have to bring in immigrants to populate our countries.

We do NOT discriminate against you.

Mother Nature went "eeny meeny..." and picked females to carry and deliver. That is not man's fault, your employer's fault, or society's fault.

Its how it is.

But you want to have babies, but continue with a lifestyle that takes away your parental role. Whilst there must be some dispensation to women who decide to have children, forcing employers to carry you in the process is untenable.

Women of childbirthing age will find it more and more difficult to attain senior positions, or even more mid-range positions, when an employer knows the fucking around they have to endure when they have babies.

Its too much trouble and cost for employers already trying to survive.

This is yet again the consequence of typical leftard/feminist philosophy; make the bosses pay, even if it costs jobs.

You said earlier that as an employer you'd pass by married, childless women.  That's discrimination.  Saying we will find it more difficult to obtain senior positions because we are of childbearing age is discriminatory.

Employers survive just fine because they don't pay for women who are on maternity/parental leave.  Employment insurance does.  What's the problem?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "RW"I have learned so much from discussions where no agreement was to be had.

Really, like what?

The word "learned" implies that you came away with info that was worthwhile retaining. Are you sure that "learned" is the proper term. Perhaps in the context of venues like this forum the word "verified" would be a better choice?

In a community like this, we all pretty much know where we all stand on any given issue. Most opinions will fall along ideological or socio-economic lines and it's not exactly difficult to figure out in short order who stands where.

I can pretty much say up front that about 90% of what comes out of the mouth of say Dingus or Romero or even you I will disagree with, sometimes vehemently. It makes any kind of discussion worthless and reduces any exchange of opinion to wasted prattle.

That's why I usually avoid places like this. I've learned a long time ago that forums that have no direction in terms of interest and topics are nothing more than flame forums, simmering and waiting to erupt.

I had an EPIC discussion with cc about Muslims back on DV.  I learned a TON yet we never did agree.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

That is somewhat unkind.

I think TBC has established a very good culture of interesting discussions. True, some can get rather willing, but overall, in terms of discussing and debating a range of issues without deteriorating into name calling and flaming, we've done OK.

To testify to this fact, look at where the Bastard factory rejects veered towards. They felt this place wasn't to their liking. That was a great compliment.

Hope they're happy at Van. They deserve each other.

Its true one of our more recent acquisitions, sadly another Australian, has yet to learn its manners in polite society, overall I think we've done OK.

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"

Really, like what?

I had an EPIC discussion with cc about Muslims back on DV.  I learned a TON yet we never did agree.

Aside from being a very cool lady, cc, is one of those rare individuals that you actually can learn something from. If nothing else she is well versed in her signature topic.

I would argue that she is almost alone around here. The rest of the Yahoo's in places like this (myself included) are at best intellectual dabblers. At worst they are the typical, unremarkable, hotshot know nothing's; convinced of their intellectual superiority because they can string more than 3 ten dollar words together without looking completely stupid. You are not going to learn anything from from those types except maybe how big of an asshole they can be. And who really wants to be bothered learning something like that?