The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

SPECTRE'S ask a retired cop anything

Started by Bricktop, August 13, 2015, 01:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Spectre, were you ever refused service at a restaurant or point of consumer sales because the owner did not want to serve government employees (for whatever personal reasons)?

Can you get any dumber? Oh, wait...of course you can.

Have YOU ever been queueing in Coles and a person in front declares "Before you scan my shit, I must inform you I'm a government employee?".

Have you seen people in the street wearing a badge "Government Employee"?

We live in Australia, idiot.

Wulf

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Renee"How many times a year were you required to qualify with your sidearm?

Did you ever fail to qualify?

Can police officers in Oz carry their own (dept. approved) duty weapon or are they required to carry the official issued sidearm?

I was in the SWAT crew...we trained every week. There was no annual qualification process.

Can only carry Department issued firearm, and it is returned at end of shift (except in certain areas, such as undercover operators).

I thought cops in Oz were just issued whistles. :laugh3:

Bricktop

Well, you could always come down here and walk around town carrying a piece.

The only whistling you'd hear would be from the warning shots.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"How many times a year were you required to qualify with your sidearm?

Did you ever fail to qualify?

Can police officers in Oz carry their own (dept. approved) duty weapon or are they required to carry the official issued sidearm?

I was in the SWAT crew...we trained every week. There was no annual qualification process.

Can only carry Department issued firearm, and it is returned at end of shift (except in certain areas, such as undercover operators).

Really? You turn in your gun at the end of your shift. I thought cops took their guns home.

Bricktop

No. That's only in the US, to encourage all folks to gun up and shoot it out.

In most other countries, you leave them at work.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Spectre, were you ever refused service at a restaurant or point of consumer sales because the owner did not want to serve government employees (for whatever personal reasons)?

Have YOU ever been queueing in Coles and a person in front declares "Before you scan my shit, I must inform you I'm a government employee?".

So you've never been refused service, say at a restaurant or such, while you were wearing your uniform? It's happening more and more these days. Business owners rightly recognize that the presence of a pig can put people off of their food and I don't blame them one bit for instituting higher dress codes.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

So you've never been refused service, say at a restaurant or such, while you were wearing your uniform? It's happening more and more these days. Business owners rightly recognize that the presence of a pig can put people off of their food and I don't blame them one bit for instituting higher dress codes.

These days maybe but Spec was a cop in days past.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"

Which was why I asked the question. Our police forces have been tidied up over the last few decades into something resembling professional, at least on the surface. In the old days, they got away with a lot of shit and angered a lot of people. They still behave badly but keep it more on the down low.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

RW

Spec, do you think the bad rap cops have is deserved?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Why ask a former cop whether he was a piece of shit or not? There aren't many former cops who would state that they were thieving little power junkies with a dubious grasp on human ethics, though they were.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

And you know this because...???

Had some experience, have we sunshine? Or is this just another example of you running your mouth without engaging that walnut sized brain.

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"

Oh, please...stop buying into this farthead's delusions.

He's as clueless as he is irrelevant.

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"And you know this because...???

Had some experience, have we sunshine? Or is this just another example of you running your mouth without engaging that walnut sized brain.

I'm engaging the walnut sized brain, right, now.

Oh, please...stop buying into this farthead's delusions.

He's as clueless as he is irrelevant.

It must be true. A former pig said it, so it's true yeah? ac_toofunny
Blahhhhhh...