Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Objectivity

Started by RW, August 11, 2015, 02:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

As humans can we truly be objective?  We are limited by our senses so can we ever see things absolutely as it is?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"As humans can we truly be objective?  We are limited by our senses so can we ever see things absolutely as it is?

We can only be objective about things we are not prejudiced over. That usually means things we know nothing about. Otherwise, our perceptions, beliefs and traits will always guide the way we think.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "RW"As humans can we truly be objective?  We are limited by our senses so can we ever see things absolutely as it is?

We can only be objective about things we are not prejudiced over. That usually means things we know nothing about. Otherwise, our perceptions, beliefs and traits will always guide the way we think.

I agree SPECTRE.

Frood

Perceptions, beliefs, and traits can change and do over time (sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse). Nothing in life is so static that it can't be questioned. Unfortunately, it's not the vogue thing anymore for people in general to put themselves into positions or experiences which could change their views and underlying feelings. The golden age of the polymaths is long gone.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

But aren't we "prejudiced" over everything?
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Are you prejudiced over everything, RW? Are you prejudiced over something or someone or a group?

The forums are filled with posters who claim to have no prejudices. I throw up in my mouth each time I see them lie about that. We all know who they are. Liars.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

We all have our biases Az.

If we can only experience the world as subjective beings, can we truly be objective?  I don't think so.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Are you prejudiced over everything, RW? Are you prejudiced over something or someone or a group?

The forums are filled with posters who claim to have no prejudices. I throw up in my mouth each time I see them lie about that. We all know who they are. Liars.

Everyone has biases..

Some people are more open about their own than others.