The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

OMG. My Mate's Cousin's Hubby Sued for Pan Am Sexual Harassment

Started by cc, August 14, 2015, 12:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I found some thread. A Liberal former Premier of Ontario we know well

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/panam-manager-files-harassment-lawsuit-against-david-peterson/article25964149/">Pan Am Games manager sues David Peterson, alleging harassment

A female manager with the Pan and Parapan American Games alleges in a newly commenced lawsuit she was sexually harassed by former Ontario premier and TO2015 chair David Peterson and that when she complained to human resources and senior officials, she was first told to "let it roll off your back" and was then demoted.

An alleged history of flirtatious greetings that escalated into unwanted hugs, sexually tinged remarks and public humiliation at the hands of Mr. Peterson is outlined in a statement of claim Ximena Morris, 34, filed on Thursday with the Ontario Superior Court. In addition to Mr. Peterson, she also names the Pan and Parapan Am Games organizing committee, the Canadian Olympic Committee (a partner of the Games) and three members of the executive team at TO2015: CEO Saad Rafi, head of human resources and general counsel Karen Hacker, and senior vice-president of public affairs Amir Remtulla, who are alleged to have contributed to Ms. Morris's constructive dismissal at the organization.

None of the allegations have been proven in court and the defendants have not yet filed their defence outlining their version of events.

Mr. Peterson called the allegations "wild and untrue."

Seems maybe a gorgeous and famous in her own right woman at home wasn't enough ... assuming of course allegations are valid
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

J0E

Victim or Golddigger?

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_400_400/p/2/005/0a3/01c/1a72f57.jpg">

....curious why allegations of sexual harassment always seem to crop up when it involves men of wealth in a position of power. Its never the ordinary Joe the 'victims' seem to go after.

cc

Maybe because men who seek  wealth and a positions of power tend to be pricks by nature

Mate has a family full of high powered politicians, so we get to see it inside

That said, in his case it's only allegations  at this time

Please no one try the "power corrupts" on for size either. Mate has a family full of high powered politicians.

We have seen so much from the inside.

It's the opposite. Pricks seek power and sell their souls to make it happen

Romero

Quote from: "Frank"Victim or Golddigger?

Because there's so much money to be made in claiming sexual harassment.

Quote from: "Frank"....curious why allegations of sexual harassment always seem to crop up when it involves men of wealth in a position of power. Its never the ordinary Joe the 'victims' seem to go after.

Sexual harassment is way too common but obviously only high profile cases make the news. Bill Cosby is in the news. Do you think that means women aren't raped by "ordinary Joe's"?

Wealthy, powerful men aren't less likely to sexually harass.

Perhaps you could find it in your heart to wait just a few more minutes before assuming she's lying.

J0E

Quote from: "cc la femme"Maybe because men who seek  wealth and a positions of power tend to be pricks by nature

Please no one try the "power corrupts" on for size either. Mate has a family full of high powered politicians.

But you're assuming that the accused are guilty before all the facts have come in.

Why not wait 'til passing judgement?

cc

errrrrr  ... you already quoted me as saying this
QuoteThat said, in his case it's only allegations at this time

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Maybe because men who seek  wealth and a positions of power tend to be pricks by nature

Or maybe when the average Joe does it, it doesn't make the news.

I've also see the inside of this circle and I have found many horny dudes.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I found some thread. A Liberal former Premier of Ontario we know well

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/panam-manager-files-harassment-lawsuit-against-david-peterson/article25964149/">Pan Am Games manager sues David Peterson, alleging harassment

A female manager with the Pan and Parapan American Games alleges in a newly commenced lawsuit she was sexually harassed by former Ontario premier and TO2015 chair David Peterson and that when she complained to human resources and senior officials, she was first told to "let it roll off your back" and was then demoted.

An alleged history of flirtatious greetings that escalated into unwanted hugs, sexually tinged remarks and public humiliation at the hands of Mr. Peterson is outlined in a statement of claim Ximena Morris, 34, filed on Thursday with the Ontario Superior Court. In addition to Mr. Peterson, she also names the Pan and Parapan Am Games organizing committee, the Canadian Olympic Committee (a partner of the Games) and three members of the executive team at TO2015: CEO Saad Rafi, head of human resources and general counsel Karen Hacker, and senior vice-president of public affairs Amir Remtulla, who are alleged to have contributed to Ms. Morris's constructive dismissal at the organization.

None of the allegations have been proven in court and the defendants have not yet filed their defence outlining their version of events.

Mr. Peterson called the allegations "wild and untrue."

Seems maybe a gorgeous and famous in her own right woman at home wasn't enough ... assuming of course allegations are valid

So David Petersen is your husband's cousin's husband? Have you met him? Is he as arrogant as he appears in front of a camera?

cc

Know him well. When we lived in ON we saw them all a lot. Last saw him and his wife (one of mate's my special cousins) at a family funeral a few months ago.

Her sister was Ontario Heath minister until stupid took over recently. The ladies are special to my mate having grown up together.

He was pretty cool actually, easy to talk to and showed no obvious outward affects of power. His wife is a true gem, despite filthy rich.

His family is loaded to the teeth with high power politicians and business owners.  A different world, gives us a good inside look at the players and how they play.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Know him well. When we lived in ON we saw them all a lot. Last saw him and his wife (one of mate's my special cousins) at a family funeral a few months ago.

Her sister was Ontario Heath minister until stupid took over recently. The ladies are special to my mate having grown up together.

He was pretty cool actually, easy to talk to and showed no obvious outward affects of power. His wife is a true gem, despite filthy rich.

His family is loaded to the teeth with high power politicians and business owners.  A different world, gives us a good inside look at the players and how they play.

I never lived in Ontario, but I never thought of David Petersen as a bad premier like Wynn. But, he came across as full of himself. Good to know I was wrong.

cc

He could well be, but was down to earth at family events

I didn't like what I saw on TV  a few weeks ago as the Pan Ams ended. He was immediately suggesting this proves TO can go for Olympics, with zero regard  for the havoc either games cause for working people and businesses. Many events were downtown, a very bad and thoughtless plan in my eyes

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"He could well be, but was down to earth at family events

I didn't like what I saw on TV  a few weeks ago as the Pan Ams ended. He was immediately suggesting this proves TO can go for Olympics, with zero regard  for the havoc either games cause for working people and businesses. Many events were downtown, a very bad and thoughtless plan in my eyes

I didn't see it, but if I lived in Toronto, I would oppose it too.

J0E

Quote from: "cc la femme"errrrrr  ... you already quoted me as saying this
QuoteThat said, in his case it's only allegations at this time

QuoteMaybe because men who seek wealth and a positions of power tend to be pricks by nature

Well, you make a point that people in power step on their subordinates and sell their sells to get there.

So it seems that you have bias against the accused.

However, I'm still not convinced that this woman is telling the truth. How do we know that she wasn't just incompetent and was let go because she couldn't do her job?

There quite are number of cases of sexual harassment, sexual predation or domestic violence which are later dis-proven, or found that the accuser simply wasn't telling the truth.

I had an experience some months ago where someone phoned me pleading for help that she was being beaten by her boyfriend.

So I tried to help her best I could, and I phoned some halfway houses which could put her up for the night.

I also contacted some agencies which deal with domestic violence which could counsel her in her time of need.

I was on the phone with these agencies, rape relief centres/halfway houses for a good 2 or 3 hours.

It turned out she was lying as he was drunk lying on the couch and couldn't have possibly harmed her in that state.

In the process, it ruined a relationship I was trying to cultivate with another woman

I contacted her to assist the woman who was supposedly in distress, and as a result of that incident, she didn't want to seem my anymore.

I got the blame for an incident which I never initiated and never wanted to be part of.

I became guilty by association.

All the accuser could say to me later was "I'm sorry." Yeah right and it just trashed my own life. Thaaaanks!

In reality, the accuser didn't care. She put me through the ringer for her inability to face up to her own problem of domestic abuse.

And She got she wanted - a moment of glory where she felt empowered and could put her boyfriend in her place. All at my expense.

There are women who are users and they see these incidents as an opportunity to elevate their own status in life at the expense of others.

They don't seem to care about their consequences of their own actions.

Romero

Quote from: "Frank"There quite are number of cases of sexual harassment, sexual predation or domestic violence which are later dis-proven, or found that the accuser simply wasn't telling the truth.

There are many, many more times where it is true.

Don't let a couple of examples have you believe most women are lying. The vast majority are not.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Frank"There quite are number of cases of sexual harassment, sexual predation or domestic violence which are later dis-proven, or found that the accuser simply wasn't telling the truth.

There are many, many more times where it is true.

Don't let a couple of examples have you believe most women are lying. The vast majority are not.

I love that phrase; "the vast majority"  :laugh3: It's nice and nebulous and to the lesser intellect, seems to be unassailable.

It so conveniently frees you from providing real numbers and allows opinion to play the part of fact.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.