News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7553
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:58:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Aussies in NA, do you get Gravox and Vegemite where you're at?

Started by Frood, August 16, 2015, 07:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Plus Aussie chocolates and other assorted goods?

What do you get and from where? Somebody approached me awhile ago about an import export partnership and I'm curious about your markets.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Plus Aussie chocolates and other assorted goods?

What do you get and from where? Somebody approached me awhile ago about an import export partnership and I'm curious about your markets.

OK, I've tried vegemite and it's fucking gross. What the fuck is gravox though?

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

I have a tin of Veg in the fridge, but am afraid to open it as what is inside, having been there for many years, might leap out and attack me

As to chocolate, I "like it dark"  :wink: . It has to be dark and not sweet, so I mainly use European chocolate

Then, I left Oz as a kid so was not indoctrinated into some of the "strange" Aussie ways.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Yuck, CC. Throw it away asap. Once its opened, it needs to be used within a few months.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

There is probably no Australian house that does not have Vegemite in it. Gravox, not so much...although I think you'll find its staple in the UK households.

Tim Tams are heading north...but no Fruchocs yet.

RW

It's getting harder to find Vegemite in stores.  You can still find Marmite though.  Tim Tams are here in limited flavours.  No Fruitchocs.  We have gravy powder but I've never seen Gravox.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Thanks, I WILL toss it

Gravox - I thought you had  missed on the last  letter, and were referring to a  major (but nor very safe btw) nausea pill

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It's getting harder to find Vegemite in stores.  You can still find Marmite though.  Tim Tams are here in limited flavours.  No Fruitchocs.  We have gravy powder but I've never seen Gravox.

You can find versions of Tim Tams in all Western and Eastern countries..

I don't know what Fruitchocs are?

What is the difference between Marmite and vegemite?

cc

One has a Cockney accent at times. the other has a Cockney accent at all times

ac_smile

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Renee

We have enough gravy powder in the US. We don't need anymore of that horrible dusty shit. We have name brands like McCormick's and every damn supermarket chain has their own brand of awful powdered, canned or jarred gravy; all of it for the most part ......vomitus.  

As for Tim-Tams; you can get them from places like Amazon but to be honest we have enough chocolate covered cookies in the US. Breaking into that market, you would just be one of dozens of other establish brands. On a personal note, if they are not significantly better tasting than say a Pepperidge Farm Milano, then you can keep it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Quote from: "Renee"We have enough gravy powder in the US. We don't need anymore of that horrible dusty shit. We have name brands like McCormick's and every damn supermarket chain has their own brand of awful powdered, canned or jarred gravy; all of it for the most part ......vomitus.  

As for Tim-Tams; you can get them from places like Amazon but to be honest we have enough chocolate covered cookies in the US. Breaking into that market, you would just be one of dozens of other establish brands. On a personal note, if they are not significantly better tasting than say a Pepperidge Farm Milano, then you can keep it.

There are flavor differences between chocolates, gravies, and other prepared foods between different nations. For instance, I can eat American or Swiss chocolate, but I still prefer what I grew up on. Marmite is ok but it doesn't beat Vegemite in my book.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Renee"We have enough gravy powder in the US. We don't need anymore of that horrible dusty shit. We have name brands like McCormick's and every damn supermarket chain has their own brand of awful powdered, canned or jarred gravy; all of it for the most part ......vomitus.  

There are flavor differences between chocolates, gravies, and other prepared foods between different nations. For instance, I can eat American or Swiss chocolate, but I still prefer what I grew up on. Marmite is ok but it doesn't beat Vegemite in my book.

I suggest a large stick.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Blahhhhhh...