News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Fashionista, could you please explain the Rules of Engagement in this forum?

Started by J0E, August 21, 2015, 02:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

Assuming that you are the chief moderator of this forum?

....recently I made a comment about political leadership and its relationship to investments and I was censored for that and my comments removed. Yet the OP of that thread explicitly stated that the election of an NDP government would affect the performance of voters' investments, mutual funds, etc.  I merely remarked how there are other factos and issues which affect voter intention. While financial investments certainly are an important factor, they are not the only one. In addition, by linking the NDP to the outcome of investor fortunes, that it was a somewhat politically loaded thread to begin with.

I do not feel that my remarks an attempt to troll. Rather it's to point out how a leader's ability to appeal and reach out to the voters impacts a party's fortunes and yes, even their financial investments. If for example, Harper was as popular a leader as another conservative, Brad Wall, y'all wouldn't be fretting about your investments so much.

Incidentally, I am not a registered card carrying New Democrat, and at this point am not intending to vote for them in this election. I classify myself as an Independent voter, as I've voted Liberal, Conservative, NDP, independents and for other parties in previous election. I try to support the best man or woman for the job as opposed to label. I ignore the pundits whatever their political persuasion. Ask what will they do for me? What will they do for my community as opposed to a bank or a labor union. Politics of democracy and hope as opposed to fear.

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if you could lay out the rules as to waht constitutes trolling and what does not.

If you could define the rules of engagement better to avoid clashing with other members.

I don't intend to disrupt threads. I just say waht I think.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"Assuming that you are the chief moderator of this forum?

....recently I made a comment about political leadership and its relationship to investments and I was censored for that and my comments removed. Yet the OP of that thread explicitly stated that the election of an NDP government would affect the performance of voters' investments, mutual funds, etc.  I merely remarked how there are other factos and issues which affect voter intention. While financial investments certainly are an important factor, they are not the only one. In addition, by linking the NDP to the outcome of investor fortunes, that it was a somewhat politically loaded thread to begin with.

I do not feel that my remarks an attempt to troll. Rather it's to point out how a leader's ability to appeal and reach out to the voters impacts a party's fortunes and yes, even their financial investments. If for example, Harper was as popular a leader as another conservative, Brad Wall, y'all wouldn't be fretting about your investments so much.

Incidentally, I am not a registered card carrying New Democrat, and at this point am not intending to vote for them in this election. I classify myself as an Independent voter, as I've voted Liberal, Conservative, NDP, independents and for other parties in previous election. I try to support the best man or woman for the job as opposed to label. I ignore the pundits whatever their political persuasion. Ask what will they do for me? What will they do for my community as opposed to a bank or a labor union. Politics of democracy and hope as opposed to fear.

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if you could lay out the rules as to waht constitutes trolling and what does not.

If you could define the rules of engagement better to avoid clashing with other members.

Hello Frank, I appreciate your comments..

It seems you would like very clear set in stone rules..

We are not that black and white like Vancouver Forum is..

I thought I was being reasonable when I asked that you that you stick to investing in the investing thread..

My hope is that it becomes a sticky thread like laughter or the pulse..

We don't post anything but jokes and songs there and I do not want anything but investment related posts in investing thread..

I would ask you again to respect my request..

Also, please feel free to post what you are invested in..

We can all learn from each other..

Lastly, I hope you have a lovely weekend.

ac_smile

Anonymous

^You're feeding the troll again. He's pulling the same troll thread shit here that he does on the fag forum. You warned him, he defied you, posts a crybaby thread. Fucking sickening. No need to explain anything to shit disturbing trolls.

J0E

Well, I'll do my best.

I don't attempt to attack others or insult them, which I think IS trolling.

I just state an opinion.

Tell you what, I will from now on source my statementsfrom credible sources, recognized publications.

Ie - the Economist, the BBC, or a recognized American news network or publication. Then the merits of whatever I post can be evaluated on fact. Is that a fair deal?

Just because someone disagrees with someone else, or their views run counter to someone else doesn't mean they are trolling.

Anyways, I'd like to read your respnse on that.

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I thought I was being reasonable when I asked that you that you stick to investing in the investing thread..

We don't post anything but jokes and songs there and I do not want anything but investment related posts in investing thread..

ac_smile

Anonymous

That's all we can ask Frank..

I don't care what anyone posts, but when we start our new stickied investing thread, I ask posters write only investment related posts in that thread..

I don't think I am asking too much from anyone..

You can live with that, can't you Frank?

ac_smile
Quote from: "Frank"Well, I'll do my best.

I don't attempt to attack others or insult them, which I think IS trolling.

I just state an opinion.

Tell you what, I will from now on source my statementsfrom credible sources, recognized publications.

Ie - the Economist, the BBC, or a recognized American news network or publication. Then the merits of whatever I post can be evaluated on fact. Is that a fair deal?

Just because someone disagrees with someone else, or their views run counter to someone else doesn't mean they are trolling.

Anyways, I'd like to read your respnse on that.

ac_smile

Anonymous

ac_smile

You don't owe anyone an explanation.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
QuoteYou don't owe anyone an explanation.
Eggs Actly ^^^

Frank is free to ask though..

And he does have a point..

We are not guided by written rules like what he is used to on Vancouver Forum.

cc

Yes, and I like that.

If he understood what he did wrong I would have more confidence. His comeback indicated that he did not understand at all.

If I recall it correctly he actually still thought he  had met the criterion.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes, and I like that.

If he understood what he did wrong I would have more confidence. His comeback indicated that he did not understand at all.

If I recall it correctly he actually still thought he  had met the criterion.

I don't care what Frank posts..

But, and in my opinion, the money sense thread is the most important thread we have..

I want helpful advice there, not partisan bickering.

cc

Yes. Maybe I didn't express it well, but that was my point

And thanks for having that thread and for keeping it on track. This site is great and just keeps getting better

Another cherry top of  a beautiful cake

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes. Maybe I didn't express it well, but that was my point

And thanks for having that thread and for keeping it on track. This site is great and just keeps getting better

Another cherry top of  a beautiful cake

You likely expressed it very well cc la femme..

ac_smile

English is my third language..

I need better comprehension.

ac_blush

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Actually, .. You do great and need apologize to NO ONE!!

acc_hugz

cc