The best topic

Replies: 7062
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:45:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc la femme"So, you are suggesting a new topic area added to the 5 at the top? called investing .. or something like that?

or  a single thread?

It's getting a little crowded at the top, so I was thinking a single thread and then sticky it.

OK, but keep the trolling out of it. Nobody is going to post tips and/or advice if you have some immature clown always trying to hijack it. I suggest any trolling should be deleted or at least moved elsewhere.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"You know, Fash, this site is becomes an exceptional site, well organized, diverse, good people, good ideas, good posting

You just came up with another winning addition

Thank you so much cc la femme..

ac_smile

I will wait until I receive a reply from seoulbro..

I'll merge this thread with the one I will sticky..

I am thinking of a thread title....do you like money sense?

cc

His defiant reply showed

1. he does not care about the others,

2. he will outright defy authority and

3.  that he is as dumb as a rock - he did not get the gist of the thread at all despit having been nicely told what it is

4. That he is arrogant with no smarts  to be arrogant about

Joey darling - smarten the fk up or fk off
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"His defiant reply showed

1. he does not care about the others,

2. he will outright defy authority and

3.  that he is as dumb as a rock - he did not get the gist of the thread at all despit having been nicely told what it is

4. That he is arrogant with no smarts  to be arrogant about

Joey darling - smarten the fk up or fk off

I moved Frank's latest post in this thread and Shen Li's response to Frank's election thread poll in politics.

RW

Socially Respondible Investing is my MO.  No tobacco, no alcohol, no banks.  Venture capital investing in SRI companies.  I have some diversification in tech but nothing too exciting.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Socially Respondible Investing is my MO.  No tobacco, no alcohol, no banks.  Venture capital investing in SRI companies.  I have some diversification in tech but nothing too exciting.

If you have ETF's, or just investing on your own, I would believe it However, if you have a fund manager, I doubt it.

Venture capital investing eh? You are a mini-dragon.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"Socially Respondible Investing is my MO.  No tobacco, no alcohol, no banks.  Venture capital investing in SRI companies.  I have some diversification in tech but nothing too exciting.

If you have ETF's, or just investing on your own, I would believe it However, if you have a fund manager, I doubt it.

Venture funds back in the day came with a 30% tax credit.  It was fantastic.  It's going by the wayside now with different avenues for start-up investing like Dragon's Den or Go Fund Me projects.

How are all of you in terms of following proxy voting?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I don't know everything that's in our mutual..

I don't know how or why anyone would avoid banks?

How does the average person become a venture capital investor.

RW

I don't like big banks.

You invest in a venture capital fund.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Venture funds back in the day came with a 30% tax credit.  It was fantastic.  It's going by the wayside now with different avenues for start-up investing like Dragon's Den or Go Fund Me projects.

How are all of you in terms of following proxy voting?

That's another thing we don't vote on.

ac_blush

Anonymous

I don't like big banks.

Are they managed?

Are there various risk levels like mutuals?

RW

I don't like big banks.

Are they managed?

Not that I know of.  As far as I know, they are considered high risk.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I don't like big banks.

Are they managed?

That would leave us out if that is the case then..

We will see our financial adviser soon, so I will be sure to ask her about venture capital investing..

Do any of the stocks in a venture capital fund pay dividends?

RW

I don't like big banks.

Are they managed?

That would leave us out if that is the case then..

We will see our financial adviser soon, so I will be sure to ask her about venture capital investing..

Do any of the stocks in a venture capital fund pay dividends?

I don't know that I would recommend investing in venture capital funds.  And I have yet to see dividends.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

We tend to go from one extreme to the other. When things in the world, country and continent are flaky like they are now, safe!!

When all the key indications look good, index which may have been risky is not very risky at such times and potential return is at its greatest also

Prolly should go more of a mixed way, but unless indications are good we just don't accept much if any risk. We stay on top of how  the world, country and continent are looking and make decisions accordingly, staying in things that don't cost a lot to get in or out of so we can get in and make a buck or bail and protect  capital accordingly

Currently, for many reasons we see much risk from all directions, so are not leaving ourselves open
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell