The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"No shit sunshine.

Are you afraid of the "money sense" thread, or do you just like to start your own threads every time a simple and obvious-to-all thought comes into your lil mind?

or perhaps some of both?

Maybe Frank didn't see the Money Sense thread hidden away right at the top of the board. :001_rolleyes:

cc

lol ^^

This may just be a way overdue correction triggered by China.

We are dependent on the entire world not just China, Q. Thanks to free trade and other interconnections the entire world has become interdependent. This is merely one example. 08 was another great example of this crazy   interdependence
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"lol ^^

This may just be a way overdue correction triggered by China.

We are dependent on the entire world not just China, Q. Thanks to free trade and other interconnections the entire world has become interdependent. This is merely one example. 08 was another great example of this crazy   interdependence

I have said that the ghosts of 08 still haunt us. We never really exorcised those demons.

cc

Well, China set it off, but the markets are grossly overpriced, especially in the US and Europe.

After any long "unsupported" climb comes a correction, guaranteed

That may be all it is although the DOW is still way overpriced even now

Now, if China's economy fails (a strong possibility I believe) along with the way the world is interconnected today, the rest of the world will hurt also

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Well, China set it off, but the markets are grossly overpriced, especially in the US and Europe.

After any long "unsupported" climb comes a correction, guaranteed

That may be all it is although the DOW is still way overpriced even now

Now, if China's economy fails (a strong possibility I believe) along with the way the world is interconnected today, the rest of the world will hurt also

I wonder how long this slide will continue?

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"Thank you seoulbro and cc la femme..

We trust our investing to our financial adviser at our bank..

And we have made slow, but steady growth..

We should make an appointment to see her and get her input about any changes we should be making in the near future.

That is very wise, Fash. I trust you and your husband will stay on top of it.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

J0E

....which can make money but aren't so risky?

The stock market rises and inevitable dips are oh so predictable.

If you're heavily invested at some point you've gotta expect that it'll crash and you will lose.

Sure, you might make it back, but then the cycle inevitably repeats itself at one point.

Are there any investment alternatives which are better?

Given the recent news of market instability around the world has made me look into it.

Comments welcome.

cc

Quote from: "Herman"I wonder how long this slide will continue?

Here's a "bit" of better news. For Tuesday, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Oz are all up "some", but not a large rally. Trading is still active in Asia.

Midnight our time Euro markets open. If they continue this trend, short buyers will likely bet short run that N Am will go up ... for a while at least and our markets will rise tomorrow .. likely  :wink:

EDIT - oops, Closing Time - Japan is now down at close -1.37%, Hong Kong down a bit, Taiwan up +3.58%, Oz up  

China -5.28%

G'Night folks

cc

Jeez Joey, you just HAVE to start threads, don't you?

This is the last time I'll bother to mention it, but you were told the "money sense" thread is where people will be to discuss financial items.

I don't waste a lot of  time with spoiled brats. My response to your question is no contextual response

There, I'm done with you. You can start yet another thread and talk to yourself

J0E

Quote from: "cc la femme"Jeez Joey, you just HAVE to start threads, don't you?

This is the last time I'll bother to mention it, but you were told the "money sense" thread is where people will be to discuss financial items.

I don't waste a lot of  time with spoiled brats. My response to your question is no contextual response

There, I'm done with you. You can start yet another thread and talk to yourself

Well cc, there are so many aspects to money that really....the money sense thread ought to be a sub-forum.unto itself. Just like the politics subforum.

There's investing, money management, saving for retirement, etc.

Because its such a diverse subject it can also be confused with something else.

Should ask fashionista.

cc

Wrong. You just made a thread about EXACTLY what the sticky is for, "investment alternatives" (to keep investing in ONE place, not plastered all over the forum front page) AND this is the very topic being discussed currently .. obviously, sigh

Why? Because you cannot stop yourself from making many threads and because you are a spoiled brat  

I don't run this place, but i DO play by its rules . and try to keep it neat and sweet

I will suggest that if you don't like the way this forum is run and how it runs, go buy a domain and make your own. Then you make the rules and can create a jillion issue-duplicate threads

Nighty Night  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Thank you seoulbro and cc la femme..

We trust our investing to our financial adviser at our bank..

And we have made slow, but steady growth..

We should make an appointment to see her and get her input about any changes we should be making in the near future.

That is very wise, Fash. I trust you and your husband will stay on top of it.

Thank you Azyha, but we are as worried as anyone about our financial security.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Wrong. You just made a thread about EXACTLY what the sticky is for, "investment alternatives" (to keep investing in ONE place, not plastered all over the forum front page) AND this is the very topic being discussed currently .. obviously, sigh

Why? Because you cannot stop yourself from making many threads and because you are a spoiled brat  

I don't run this place, but i DO play by its rules . and try to keep it neat and sweet

I will suggest that if you don't like the way this forum is run and how it runs, go buy a domain and make your own. Then you make the rules and can create a jillion issue-duplicate threads

Nighty Night  ac_smile

I merged Frank's stock market threads into the Money Sense thread for easier access.

cc

UK & Germany up 3 & 4% - France down 1

!/2 hour in - DOW & TSX up 2

Not the upswing the "experts" expected for early today, but at least we are up

Edit - 1.00 pm  market time, both still holding around +2.5%

Edit - Closing Time - both markets dove back down at the end of the day.

DOW -204.91 -1.29%

TSX +98.19 +0.75% - This one fluctuates until a half hour after close

Anonymous

What we are seeing is a reaction to weak growth in the Chinese economy not global financial uncertainty. Copper is seen a barometer of global demand and it was trading at near seven year lows. Nickel fell sharply too. China's latest response to slumping economic growth has been more tested; it lowered interest rates. That's a good sign and gives global markets greater confidence than artificially propping up stock indices.