The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

reel

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=485556 time=1669952285 user_id=1676

Until it all falls apart.

I get what you're saying but the great reset is coming and computer/paper ledgers won't matter one day.... in our lives or our children's.

It's all a ponzi scheme... it's ALWAYS been a ponzi scheme...

The fall of Rome just keeps repeating.

If you want to rely on the system, good for you.

I prefer to think to the future when this shit collapses again and what I need to do now for my family so their families have a fighting chance to live....and it's nearly on our doorstep, mate.

So look beyond yourself. If you don't have kids, think about the kids in your relative group. Secure their future by not only investing in rigged markets but in tangible and physical things while you still can.

Hedge.

Yes, hedge. A suitably diversified portfolio would include both physical, tangible wealth - real estate, tools, survival materials, and good old portable property; but also financial assets with growth potential.

Markets are not a Ponzi scheme where they include the means and materials of useful production. Just don't buy ape NFTs.

DKG

Quote from: reel post_id=485836 time=1670026337 user_id=196
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=485556 time=1669952285 user_id=1676

Until it all falls apart.

I get what you're saying but the great reset is coming and computer/paper ledgers won't matter one day.... in our lives or our children's.

It's all a ponzi scheme... it's ALWAYS been a ponzi scheme...

The fall of Rome just keeps repeating.

If you want to rely on the system, good for you.

I prefer to think to the future when this shit collapses again and what I need to do now for my family so their families have a fighting chance to live....and it's nearly on our doorstep, mate.

So look beyond yourself. If you don't have kids, think about the kids in your relative group. Secure their future by not only investing in rigged markets but in tangible and physical things while you still can.

Hedge.

Yes, hedge. A suitably diversified portfolio would include both physical, tangible wealth - real estate, tools, survival materials, and good old portable property; but also financial assets with growth potential.

Markets are not a Ponzi scheme where they include the means and materials of useful production. Just don't buy ape NFTs.

I wouldn't think of it.

reel

I was recently beaking off about how stupid the apes are and the ridiculousness of NFTs in general, only to discover that the chap I was speaking to "dabbled" in ape trading. He was a sport about it, but I'm pretty sure he lost a lot of money.

JOE

Quote from: reel post_id=485880 time=1670034666 user_id=196
I was recently beaking off about how stupid the apes are and the ridiculousness of NFTs in general, only to discover that the chap I was speaking to "dabbled" in ape trading. He was a sport about it, but I'm pretty sure he lost a lot of money.

Actually what is the reason behind nft's?

Is it or can it be used for branding?

In that regard I could see why it could make sense. A nft  symbol appearing on a company's digital correspondence and advertising. Ie if Apple has an nft for its logo?

reel

I COULD explain the principles and purpose behind NFTs to you Joe. I could also gauge my eyes out with a rusty needle, cut my wrists and pour salt in the wounds, or break my ankles and then try to run a marathon.

However, I don't think I will do any of those things.

DKG

Quote from: reel post_id=485883 time=1670036289 user_id=196
I COULD explain the principles and purpose behind NFTs to you Joe. I could also gauge my eyes out with a rusty needle, cut my wrists and pour salt in the wounds, or break my ankles and then try to run a marathon.

However, I don't think I will do any of those things.

I will not do any of those things either.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE post_id=485882 time=1670035037 user_id=97

Some fuckin' idiot has a stupid idea and a lot of other idiots think it is a good idea.

I would have thought that you would be all over it, Joe.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler post_id=485907 time=1670047161 user_id=3379
Quote from: JOE post_id=485882 time=1670035037 user_id=97

Some fuckin' idiot has a stupid idea and a lot of other idiots think it is a good idea.

I would have thought that you would be all over it, Joe.

Actually, NFT seems like it could become a big deal, Prowler:

https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/nft-projects-by-company-a-list-for-marketing-experts-looking-for-answers-8837fd141aec">https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/nft-projec ... 37fd141aec">https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/nft-projects-by-company-a-list-for-marketing-experts-looking-for-answers-8837fd141aec

...especially if the likes of McDonalds & Nike have 'em.

">

">

JOE

Look Prowler....

">

....swoosh!

JOE

More info about NFT's:

">

JOE

How to design an NFT Metaverse:

">

TheProwler

Hahahaha!!!

Senile @Joe is going to spend his Disability Pension on NFTs!!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler post_id=485994 time=1670108856 user_id=3379
Hahahaha!!!

Senile @Joe is going to spend his Disability Pension on NFTs!!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Prowler...any person with common sense & the means would never buy an NFT...they'd make 'em package, distribute 'em & sell 'em. I can do it & so can you. Just like the person who managed 'to mine' cryptocurrency from a low cost or lossless energy source would be better off than the fool who spent $68,000 usd per bitcoin at its height actually buying it.

Basically ya just need a PC or Mac, the required software & an Internet connection.

I got all the software packages  they mentioned like modo blender and revit so I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl. Create something from basically nothing & other than your time, monthly Internet bill, nothing spent on em translates inta profit provided somebody buys yer nft's.

Maybe Reel can weigh in on this.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: JOE post_id=486033 time=1670117504 user_id=97

Or maybe you could purposely fall down a flight of stairs and become dead as a door nail on the landing below

how bout it, sport?

JOE

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=486034 time=1670117931 user_id=3214
Quote from: JOE post_id=486033 time=1670117504 user_id=97

Or maybe you could purposely fall down a flight of stairs and become dead as a door nail on the landing below

how bout it, sport?

I'd be interested  making nfts Bigly.

If Nike made $100 million off a fake digital entity that anyone with computer skills & an Internet connection can produce then why not?

Print
User actions