Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE post_id=501733 time=1685030756 user_id=97
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=501721 time=1685022786 user_id=3351
Fuck the debt. Shut it down!!!

I think they (both political parties in the US) are just kicking the can down the road 'til one day there's a huge meltdown....Lokmeer!

And when it does, watch out Bud!

All your cash/stocks will either be worthless or be signficantly worth much less than they are today, eh?

How can a country and world economy exist forever on endlessly rising debt?

We're all just existing on borrowed time and fake economy, fake money.

At some point, somethin's gotta give/crash.

That's why I'm buying gold/precious metals and real commodities cuz aside from property/land in the end it'll be the only things worth anything.

At this rate we'll be reduced to a barter society or paying everything with silver or gold cuz nobody will trust paper money or the financial system, eh?

IDGAF. I have guns. Lots of guns......and tens of thousands of rounds ammo!

Oerdin

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500748 time=1684112857 user_id=3351
Quote from: DKG post_id=500658 time=1684066091 user_id=3390
The odds that the United States will fall into a recession at some point over the next 12 months have risen to a 40-year high, according to a probability model from the New York Federal Reserve.

The probability that the country will enter a recession within the next year has risen to 68.2 percent, according to the New York Fed, which is the highest level since 1982.

The Fed's recession risk indicator is now greater than it was in November 2007, not long before the subprime crisis, when it stood at 40 percent.

The recession model is based on the spread between the three-month and 10-year yields on U.S. Treasurys.

For months, the U.S. economy had been projected to show slowing real GDP growth and labor market softening.

Amid the banking sector turmoil sparked by the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank, economists at the Federal Reserve have projected a shallow recession.

I've been arguing that we are already in a recession but because things have been on order/unavailable for such a long time, up to 2 years in some cases, we arent actually seeing the full effects yet.

We officially had two quarters of negative economic growth in Q1 and Q2 of 2022 so that was the first Biden recession.  Last quarter growth was only 1.1% and everything has been worse since so we can expect negative GDP growth probably in Q2 and Q3 of this year.  That will be Biden's second recession.

Democraps ruin everything they touch.

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=501772 time=1685060411 user_id=3374
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500748 time=1684112857 user_id=3351

I've been arguing that we are already in a recession but because things have been on order/unavailable for such a long time, up to 2 years in some cases, we arent actually seeing the full effects yet.

We officially had two quarters of negative economic growth in Q1 and Q2 of 2022 so that was the first Biden recession.  Last quarter growth was only 1.1% and everything has been worse since so we can expect negative GDP growth probably in Q2 and Q3 of this year.  That will be Biden's second recession.

But, he says he has created more jobs than any other president. ac_toofunny

JOE

Quote from: Herman post_id=501775 time=1685062243 user_id=3396
Quote from: Oerdin post_id=501772 time=1685060411 user_id=3374

But, he says he has created more jobs than any other president. ac_toofunny

Part of the reason Biden has 'created' thousands of jobs Herman is that the generation which came after us, born in the late 1970s and beyond is smaller than the generation which came before it. So there's not enough workers to fill all the jobs.

Not like the Baby boomers where there too many people of that age comopeting for a limited number of jobs.

Even tho the economy may be going inta the toilet, it doesn't necessarily impact the job market as much as it did in previous decades.

DKG

Optimism and relief are likely to be the dominant emotions for investors on Monday as lawmakers in Washington reached a tentative agreement on the U.S. debt ceiling, thus removing the risk of a catastrophic default.

Adolf Oliver Bush

So... more inflation in the bestest economy evah?
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: DKG post_id=500658 time=1684066091 user_id=3390
The odds that the United States will fall into a recession at some point over the next 12 months have risen to a 40-year high, according to a probability model from the New York Federal Reserve.

The probability that the country will enter a recession within the next year has risen to 68.2 percent, according to the New York Fed, which is the highest level since 1982.

The Fed's recession risk indicator is now greater than it was in November 2007, not long before the subprime crisis, when it stood at 40 percent.

The recession model is based on the spread between the three-month and 10-year yields on U.S. Treasurys.

For months, the U.S. economy had been projected to show slowing real GDP growth and labor market softening.

Amid the banking sector turmoil sparked by the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank, economists at the Federal Reserve have projected a shallow recession.

Do you think Canada & the US will fall into a recession soon, DKG?

And if so will it be mild/short or deep/ long?

DKG

This is not about the markets, but it is definitely about money. Particularly how costs soar when governments build something the private sector should be building.

The government, which guaranteed loans last year that allowed the project to secure $10 billion of private financing, has since provided an additional $2.5 to $3 billion for the Trans Mountain expansion in two separate backstops, according to information posted on the Export Development Canada website.

In March, the company announced that the cost of expanding the pipeline system's capacity to 890,000 barrels a day rose to $30.9 billion — the latest in a series of increases over recent years.

DKG

U.S. hiring accelerated in May as employers added a booming 339,000 jobs and the labor market continued to shrug off high interest rates and persistent inflation.

The unemployment rate, which is calculated from a separate survey of households, rose from a five-decade low of 3.4% to 3.7%, the Labor Department said Friday.

Economists surveyed by Bloomberg had estimated that 195,000 jobs were added last month.

Futures tied to the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7% following the report Friday morning. Late Thursday, the Senate gave final approval to an agreement to raise the amount the government can borrow in exchange for spending cuts.

In a more encouraging sign, despite last month's hiring frenzy, average hourly earnings rose 11 cents to $33.44, nudging down the yearly increase to 4.3% from 4.4%. That should give the Fed some solace that pay increases and inflation are continuing to gradually moderate.

"The data show that job growth is continuing at a rapid pace, but wage pressures are not building," says Rubeela Farooqi, chief U.S. economist of High Frequency Economics. Despite the vigorous job gains, she says the modest wage increase should keep the Fed on track to hold rates steady this month.

DKG

U.S. stocks opened higher this morning after the Senate passed a bill to raise the federal debt ceiling and as investors digested an employment report showing stronger-than-expected job gains. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7% soon after the opening bell, while the S&P 500 gained 0.6% and the technology-heavy Nasdaq Composite climbed 0.7%.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Watch it plummet like a stone in 18 months time.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/Q-AbZxJjhBc/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/Q-AbZxJjhBc/

That effeminate McCarthy motherfucker is cheering it. I wouldn't be relying on America or any of its trading partners for the immediate future.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Anonymous

Somehow I think the Dow will be stuck around 32,000 by then Ollie. Neither up nor down but just stagnant. Stagflation just like it was in the 1970s. Meanwhile inflation will continue to eat away at whatever is left of everyone s savings

These markets are clearly manipulated tho

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Jo Ho Ho" post_id=502941 time=1686164908
Somehow I think the Dow will be stuck around 32,000 by then Ollie. Neither up nor down but just stagnant.

Well that rather depends on how dumb investors are, doesn't it? With the gold standard being adopted by a number of BRICS nations, I'd posit that 18 months of debt ceiling suspension is a calculated move to allow the tanking of the US economy, with the next administration inheriting the fallout of a near total lack of confidence in the US economy.

Meh, why am I telling you this, you didn't listen last time either.

- Biggie Smiles

Herman

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502985 time=1686222890 user_id=3409
Quote from: "Jo Ho Ho" post_id=502941 time=1686164908
Somehow I think the Dow will be stuck around 32,000 by then Ollie. Neither up nor down but just stagnant.

Well that rather depends on how dumb investors are, doesn't it? With the gold standard being adopted by a number of BRICS nations, I'd posit that 18 months of debt ceiling suspension is a calculated move to allow the tanking of the US economy, with the next administration inheriting the fallout of a near total lack of confidence in the US economy.

He never listens or participates period in forums. He is here for his own weired amusement. Forums are in a fragile state right now. If wants them to continue he should wise the fuck up or leave and get a blog.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Herman post_id=503009 time=1686271541 user_id=3396
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502985 time=1686222890 user_id=3409

He never listens or participates period in forums. He is here for his own weired amusement. Forums are in a fragile state right now. If wants them to continue he should wise the fuck up or leave and get a blog.

Yeah, I know. I don't even think he knows he's doing it, possibly enjoying his life in much the same way as a PCP addicted troon might slamming his cock in a car door repeatedly until it falls off.

- Biggie Smiles