Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Canada named the country with the best reputation by global survey — again

Started by Anonymous, September 12, 2015, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I don't think it is a political thread, but if it's moved I will understand.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-named-the-country-with-the-best-reputation-by-global-survey-again">http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... rvey-again">http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-named-the-country-with-the-best-reputation-by-global-survey-again

This country is so lucky.

Anonymous

I like former prime minister Jean Chretien's accomplishments, but he is on the campaign trail saying Canada's international reputation has been destroyed under the Conservatives. If you ask people other than Ban Ki Moon or his political opponents at home and abroad, Canada is still a beacon of freedom, opportunity and human rights. I know elections cause people to make some ridiculous accusations.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I don't think it is a political thread, but if it's moved I will understand.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-named-the-country-with-the-best-reputation-by-global-survey-again">http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... rvey-again">http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-named-the-country-with-the-best-reputation-by-global-survey-again

This country is so lucky.

I lived abroad for one year and my husband has worked on short term jobs all over the world..

The results of the survey are no surprise to us..

Despite what some people would have us believe, a change in government will affect our envied status.

J0E

Canada is good in some respects, but not necessarily stellar in others.

We no longer have the best universal health care system in the world.

Housing is much more expensive than most nations.

And the child poverty rate is quite high.

A mixed, but I'm afraid, spotty record

Frood

Like any other survey or poll, I suspect there's some merit to it but also a lot of fluffing. Canada and Australia are meant to have similar dynamics and while we have some good things going for us here, there's also plenty of undesirable facets. I don't doubt the same applies to Canada or anywhere else, even the United States.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"Canada is good in some respects, but not necessarily stellar in others.

Canada never had the best health care system in the world..

Taiwan's was better than ours from the day of it was created..

This was a survey of what the world thinks of this nation, not what Canadians think of it in comparison to others.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Frank"Canada is good in some respects, but not necessarily stellar in others.

This was a survey of what the world thinks of this nation, not what Canadians think of it in comparison to others.

Like any social welfare system, Fash, they're easy to start and pump big money into but cuts are inevitably made and the eager mouths (or bodies in this topical case) have been hand reared to accept ever lessening output. It's what governments bank on. They do it with education, roadworks, and all the other made up issues which shouldn't be a concern in this modern age.

They look for the best way to ingrain themselves into the daily lives of their so called constituents and play smoke and mirrors over time while siphoning wealth in instances where it will get them or keep them elected, so as to fund some other bullshit measure they've placed high importance on and the media is willing to tickle their shit splattered genitals over. The end result is what England has now, a failed NHS.

Australia's public system isn't far behind.

It's backward logic to suggest that a government of a day can make sweeping changes to a fundamentally personal concern via a legislative mandate and expect that the integrity of the system much less the planned goal will remain constant through regime and population changes over decades of time.

Their logic is sound, though. They have term limits and anything said or done can be blamed on the people before them or the people assuming the rei[g]ns beyond them.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Like any social welfare system, Fash, they're easy to start and pump big money into but cuts are inevitably made and the eager mouths (or bodies in this topical case) have been hand reared to accept ever lessening output. It's what governments bank on. They do it with education, roadworks, and all the other made up issues which shouldn't be a concern in this modern age.

They look for the best way to ingrain themselves into the daily lives of their so called constituents and play smoke and mirrors over time while siphoning wealth in instances where it will get them or keep them elected, so as to fund some other bullshit measure they've placed high importance on and the media is willing to tickle their shit splattered genitals over. The end result is what England has now, a failed NHS.

It's backward logic to suggest that a government of a day can make sweeping changes to a fundamentally personal concern via a legislative mandate and expect that the integrity of the system much less the planned goal will remain constant through regime and population changes over decades of time.

Their logic is sound, though. They have term limits and anything said or done can be blamed on the people before them or the people assuming the rei[g]ns beyond them.

Taiwan has increased the cost to citizens for healthcare too..

It is in a worse position than Australia or Canada because Taiwanese have low birth rates, and have a long life expectancy rates like Australians and Canadians..

But, they do not have immigration of young professionals to pay for it..

What saves Taiwan is the people have lower taxes and greater saving than Australians and Canadians.

Frood

It is in a worse position than Australia or Canada because Taiwanese have low birth rates, and have a long life expectancy rates like Australians and Canadians..

What saves Taiwan is the people have lower taxes and greater saving than Australians and Canadians.

Those savings can and will get stripped out in one of the next few worldwide economic downs. Like I said, politicians are career minded and have no problem with diverting in peace, war, or economic Armageddon if it means they can start something they know can't be finished or fuel something they know can't be perpetually sustained.

Insured bank deposits, as a concept, are deeply flawed and there's modern history to show that nothing is sacred in that regard.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Those savings can and will get stripped out in one of the next few worldwide economic downs. Like I said, politicians are career minded and have no problem with diverting in peace, war, or economic Armageddon if it means they can start something they know can't be finished or fuel something they know can't be perpetually sustained.

Insured bank deposits, as a concept, are deeply flawed and there's modern history to show that nothing is sacred in that regard.

You don't understand Taiwan or it's relationship between her people and rulers well enough to make such an uninformed statement like that.

Frood

You don't understand Taiwan or it's relationship between her people and rulers well enough to make such an uninformed statement like that.

Sure, whatever you say, Fash. I wouldn't know things down in this part of the world which you on the opposite side of the equator  know because you have generational DNA flowing through your veins. We here in Australia mainly concern ourselves with who is currently stealing our Ugg boot designs and why Holden won't ever produce another in-house Commodore model. That's all we worry about. It's all we can fathom. Asia is a much foreign land to us and we don't understand anything about it because we're a massive Western enclave in the middle of nowhere but situated in the Asia Pacific, and we still struggle to even understand what that means.

I so sorry.  :001_rolleyes:
Blahhhhhh...

RW

What is the point of surveys like these anyway?  Do we get some prize?

Honestly, it strikes me as a waste of time.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"What is the point of surveys like these anyway?  Do we get some prize?

Honestly, it strikes me as a waste of time.

Bullseye!!

QuoteSure, whatever you say, Fash. I wouldn't know things down in this part of the world which you on the opposite side of the equator know because you have generational DNA flowing through your veins. We here in Australia mainly concern ourselves with who is currently stealing our Ugg boot designs and why Holden won't ever produce another in-house Commodore model. That's all we worry about. It's all we can fathom. Asia is a much foreign land to us and we don't understand anything about it because we're a massive Western enclave in the middle of nowhere but situated in the Asia Pacific, and we still struggle to even understand what that means.

She never said anything about your DNA, you paranoid idiot. It's the fact your answer that showed you have zero knowledge of the Chinese province of Taiwan just about everything else you post. Just incoherent, rambling and never backed up by anything.

Srsly, this dumbass Diana is another single digit IQ social misfit oddstain type. His troll material belongs exclusively in reject rodeo.