News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Can a man lust after and love a woman at the same time?

Started by J0E, September 26, 2015, 11:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

....societal norms seem to dictate that this is not possible.

This was especially a long held belief before women's lib came along.

There was always this stereotype of the goodgirl and badgirl image in advertising, literature and the movies.

But even with the advent of feminism, men today seem to be told that lust and love are defintely not and cannot the the same or confused with one another.

But is this true?

Can a man love and lust after a woman at the same time?

Or is this not possible?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"....societal norms seem to dictate that this is not possible.

This was especially a long held belief before women's lib came along.

There was always this stereotype of the goodgirl and badgirl image in advertising, literature and the movies.

But even with the advent of feminism, men today seem to be told that lust and love are defintely not and cannot the the same or confused with one another.

But is this true?

Can a man love and lust after a woman at the same time?

Or is this not possible?

I have been married twice. With my ex wife and the current it was lust at first. I knocked up the ex, married her and divorced because it was never love. With my wife I am with now, it is love. So, ya it is possible.

keeper

All i have left is lust, i doubt i will ever love again.

Renee

We need a new sub...... "Dumb Question Corner"

Joe/Frank will be the star attraction. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

cc

True, but of course the 2 "can" exist together. In fact, I would have it NO other way!!

After 25+ years together, lust is there in a heartbeat, growing stronger along with the growing stronger love every night / year / decade. We are very lucky.

I said "can" as I understand that for many the 2 together is not the case

Quote from: "Renee"We need a new sub...... "Dumb Question Corner"

Joe/Frank will be the start attraction. :laugh3:
For me it is a dumb question with an obvious answer (yet another of similar among many of Joey's dumb efforts)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "Dove"My brain just broke.

How did that happen?
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

There was this Bruce Springsteen rendition of the tune Pretty Flamingo, in which as a teenager he recounted an attractive young woman who used to pass by his parents' home & how he fantasized about meeting her, but never did:

....perhaps this was a case of 'Unrequited Lust'?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Frank"There was this Bruce Springsteen rendition of the tune Pretty Flamingo, in which as a teenager he recounted an attractive young woman who used to pass by his parents' home & how he fantasized about meeting her, but never did:

....perhaps this was a case of 'Unrequited Lust'?

Geeze, ya think, Joe.  :laugh:

Didn't your boss ever tell you NOT to inhale the exhaust fumes from the tailpipe of your cab? :icon_wink:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

Quote from: "Frank"men today seem to be told that lust and love are defintely not and cannot the the same or confused with one another

"Seem" to be told? You're not sure?

It's pretty pathetic to blame women for your lack of knowledge and experience.

shin

From my perspective, lust reaches a boiling point where something happens when it reaches it's zenith that effectively extinguishes it.

Love is infinite in scope, and can affect lust. They work together like salty and savory.