Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

I want to ask Dove about how she was saved

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"Not really. You were dropping snarkey nonsense in thread for absolutely no reason until you were validated.

How so? I stated that I didn't want to get involved after reading it. That was my opinion, I stated it, I moved on. The snark commenced when you made a ridiculous comment about me wanting attention as well as your assertion that I am anything other than a dyed in the wool female. Two unrelated slanders to the topic matter, mind you.

Even a laugh outburst on my part to something you said was too much for you to take at face value. You obviously wanted to assail others with your perverse cult beliefs while blaming the same people for spurring your outbursts.

I didn't ask for this nor do I care for your validation one way or another, as noted by the molten steeple rat shit quip, yet here you are again full of holy wine, piss, vinegar, and two massive pubic hairs shaped like a cross up your bottom.

Let it go, Dove.

You will have to do better than the standard text book atheist reaction to other belief systems because these have been pretty well worn out.  Being painfully tedious and bigoted isn't so much messing with anyone.

Did you just have the audacity to label my points worn out, tedious, and bigoted?  ac_toofunny

Pot, meet Kettle.

Again, let it go. I'm beyond Atheism and far beyond faith based duping. Turn a cheek, rub one out to visions of Jesus teabagging you in the Celeste, or whatever you nutters do.  I don't ultimately care. Suit yourself.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"No. Again, heresy is going outside of the bible. If a church is teaching a false, unbiblical doctrine...it's heresy.  The bible is the authority. Not a church. See what I'm saying?  It is intended this way to keep people accountable to scripture. So that you don't have people like Jim Jones running all over.  It's to keep the gospel spreading and preserved and not added to.

According to the dictionary, it's going against religious dogma and the "church", not "the bible".

I just want to know if you think everyone who isn't a Christian following scripture is a heretic.
 No. If you aren't Christain, you are not Christain.  Heresy is getting involved with scripture and changing it.  Teaching heresy.  Like praying to dead people when God forbids it. Or teaching salvation by works...which is unbiblical.  Teachers are held to a higher standard.  Jocye Myers taught heresy when she said Jesus went to hell and paid the price there, and we will go to hell unless we believe it.  Make sense? If I go to a church and they are teaching drinking animal blood to be saved, they are heretics. If someone wants you to drink magic kool-aid and meet Christ in His space ship.....they are....drum roll....psychopathic heretics. Lol

So if Catholics believe in repenting for sins via confession, does that make them heretics?  Are the priests who administer confession heretics?
 You see...this depends.  If a priest is telling you that confessing to him or any human is absolutely a must or you won't be forgiven, yes. That's false. If you are confessing simply to get it out....that's good. Scripture says to confess our sins to each other and edify eachother. However....calling a priest or any man "Holy Father" is against scripture. Jesus actually specifically said this.

"Scripture says to confess our sins to each other and edify each other."

There you go.  Then Catholic confession is within scripture and not heretical.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I mean you have an awful lot of nothing to say about something you keep saying you don't care about.  There are many topics on this forum I don't care about...so thusly, I don't read them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"No. Again, heresy is going outside of the bible. If a church is teaching a false, unbiblical doctrine...it's heresy.  The bible is the authority. Not a church. See what I'm saying?  It is intended this way to keep people accountable to scripture. So that you don't have people like Jim Jones running all over.  It's to keep the gospel spreading and preserved and not added to.

According to the dictionary, it's going against religious dogma and the "church", not "the bible".

I just want to know if you think everyone who isn't a Christian following scripture is a heretic.
 No. If you aren't Christain, you are not Christain.  Heresy is getting involved with scripture and changing it.  Teaching heresy.  Like praying to dead people when God forbids it. Or teaching salvation by works...which is unbiblical.  Teachers are held to a higher standard.  Jocye Myers taught heresy when she said Jesus went to hell and paid the price there, and we will go to hell unless we believe it.  Make sense? If I go to a church and they are teaching drinking animal blood to be saved, they are heretics. If someone wants you to drink magic kool-aid and meet Christ in His space ship.....they are....drum roll....psychopathic heretics. Lol

So if Catholics believe in repenting for sins via confession, does that make them heretics?  Are the priests who administer confession heretics?
 You see...this depends.  If a priest is telling you that confessing to him or any human is absolutely a must or you won't be forgiven, yes. That's false. If you are confessing simply to get it out....that's good. Scripture says to confess our sins to each other and edify eachother. However....calling a priest or any man "Holy Father" is against scripture. Jesus actually specifically said this.

it's heretical if it's forced or you are being told it's needed for forgiveness.  Of course a prescription of repeating prayers to Mary with beads is not only heretical....it's pagan.  So, there is a line.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"I mean you have an awful lot of nothing to say about something you keep saying you don't care about.  There are many topics on this forum I don't care about...so thusly, I don't read them.

An awful lot of nothing to say about a book worshiping cult? Are you right in the head?

All I've done is successfully point out that your faith based system IS based on nothing since the very authors and editors of your sole recorded history of such pitiful fiction have constantly been in a state of flux, reinterpretation, and censorship across many nations and societies.

Granted it's a solid shot across the bow of the good ship god lollipop but it hardly amounts to an awful lot of anything besides logic and sanity.

But why read anything which doesn't agree with you or your rigid beliefs, huh?
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

it's heretical if it's forced or you are being told it's needed for forgiveness.  Of course a prescription of repeating prayers to Mary with beads is not only heretical....it's pagan.  So, there is a line.

ac_biggrin

Quick, somebody ask her if she celebrates Halloween, Santa Claus, or eats chocolate eggs during Easter and put her out of her misery.
Blahhhhhh...

J0E

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Herman"
She's changed, she's a better person. It doesn't matter who she wants to give the credit to.

Actually, it does.

If you rely on a false mechanism of support, sooner or later that mechanism will collapse and leave you high and dry.
 Yes. Which is why I'm STILL, over a year later, not the same person.  Because while YOU think you know all about my life/experiences.....I was there and am the better witness.  This isn't some power of positive thought. If you want to go sound off about the mysteries of the universe according to the gospel of modern day psych....go start your own thread.

If Dove feels that religion makes her feel better about herself & helps her get through the day, I see nothing wrong with that.

However, I'm not entirely sure what she feels she may be atoning for.

Perhaps she was tortured by personal demons, unpleasant memories or addictions so she had to find a way to cope.

Nothing wrong with that. I suppose it's not just a set of scriptures, but her fellow believers who provide her with support.

So it gives her the strength to stay with her faith.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

ac_biggrin

Quick, somebody ask her if she celebrates Halloween, Santa Claus, or eats chocolate eggs during Easter and put her out of her misery.
 No I don't make a fuss over those. But right now, Rosh Hashanah is going on....and the 23rd is another Holy day.  I'm not miserable at all :)  don't project. I'd rather be dead than be an intolerant commy lib.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"
She's changed, she's a better person. It doesn't matter who she wants to give the credit to.

Actually, it does.

If you rely on a false mechanism of support, sooner or later that mechanism will collapse and leave you high and dry.
 Yes. Which is why I'm STILL, over a year later, not the same person.  Because while YOU think you know all about my life/experiences.....I was there and am the better witness.  This isn't some power of positive thought. If you want to go sound off about the mysteries of the universe according to the gospel of modern day psych....go start your own thread.

If Dove feels that religion makes her feel better about herself & helps her get through the day, I see nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps she was tortured by personal demons, unpleasant memories or addictions so she had to find a way to cope.

Nothing wrong with that. I suppose it's not just a set of scriptures, but her fellow believers who provide her with support.

I'm curious about your perspective?  Do you think I'm in some constant penace?

RW

So then I would have been considered a heretic.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "Frank"

Actually, it does.

I'm curious about your perspective?  Do you think I'm in some constant penace?

Not sure. I don't know you well enough. I try not to judge people too much, just sort out the facts, then decide.

However, I'm not of the opinion that having been an exotic dancer alone was itself a sin.

It's just our culture attaches sin to those acts.

RW

Fash?  Was I heretic by going to a priest to confess my sins, asking forgiveness and doing my penance?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Fash?  Was I heretic by going to a priest to confess my sins, asking forgiveness and doing my penance?

If you were raised strict Roman Catholic as I was, NOT confessing, would have been considered heretical.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

If you were raised strict Roman Catholic as I was, NOT confessing, would have been considered heretical.

I went to Catholic school and served on the altar at church for many many Sundays.  Never have I heard of confession as being heretical in my entire life.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

I had a grandfather who was a devout Christian. He went to Church regularly and prayed regularly.

He told me as young man he found salvation through Jesus after he became disillusioned with the lifestyles of friends who became immersed in gambling, drinking and whoring. So he decided that was no life for him. He raised a family during the tough times of the Great Depression and World War II. He lost many family members during the War and a son.  So its not difficult to see why he turned to religion to provide him with strength to get through the tough  times.

Outwardly, he seemed like such a happy, cheerful man with a bright smile, but after reading the diary of his life, I realized what a difficult, impoverished and sad life he had. Many of us including myself take so much for granted. We have it good today as a result of the sacrifices our grandparents and parents made for us. I think if we had to grow up in difficult times like that, we wouldn't be dissing religion as much as we do or putting others down who turn to it for guidance and spiritual renewal.