Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Re: What happened to Canada?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, September 12, 2015, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"National pride = universal health care, kindness and the fact we aren't Americans.

I take offence as a Canadian to "dirty tar sand oil" being a stain on our supposed national pride.  That "dirty oil" is some of the cleanest in the world considering it doesn't fund evil shit like terrorism.  We have alway been a natural resource contributor whether it was coal or timber or hydro power or oil or natural gas, etc.  Yeah world, you're welcome.

We still go on peacekeeping missions but I think Canadians are getting tired of cleaning up (and paying for) everyone else's messes.  We don't run around the world starting fights and causing conflicts.  At what point do we say to the rest of the world "it's you turn to deal with it"?

There's beng nice and there's being taken advantage of.

That's what assholes say, RW. Considering you share this forum with Americans, there was no need to say that, unless you want to provoke the Americans of this forum. Why don't you just go ahead and say you prefer only Canadians on this forum? That would make perfect sense. I can say things about Canadians too but out of respect I don't say it since there are Canadians who will read it. I'm not butt hurt at all about how you feel because I know that many around the world don't like the USA but when you bunch Americans as one, I take offense with that.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Sounds good, Herman. My advisors just reminded me that this is also just a forum and I don't really care what anyone here says so carry on with asshole remarks.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

The worst thing about Canada is its not Australia.

Tough luck, eh?

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "RW"National pride = universal health care, kindness and the fact we aren't Americans.

I take offence as a Canadian to "dirty tar sand oil" being a stain on our supposed national pride.  That "dirty oil" is some of the cleanest in the world considering it doesn't fund evil shit like terrorism.  We have alway been a natural resource contributor whether it was coal or timber or hydro power or oil or natural gas, etc.  Yeah world, you're welcome.

We still go on peacekeeping missions but I think Canadians are getting tired of cleaning up (and paying for) everyone else's messes.  We don't run around the world starting fights and causing conflicts.  At what point do we say to the rest of the world "it's you turn to deal with it"?

There's beng nice and there's being taken advantage of.

That's what assholes say, RW. Considering you share this forum with Americans, there was no need to say that, unless you want to provoke the Americans of this forum. Why don't you just go ahead and say you prefer only Canadians on this forum? That would make perfect sense. I can say things about Canadians too but out of respect I don't say it since there are Canadians who will read it. I'm not butt hurt at all about how you feel because I know that many around the world don't like the USA but when you bunch Americans as one, I take offense with that

Is it offensive to want our own identity separate from yours?  If it is, too fucking bad.  We like being our own people.

At no point did I lump you with anyone else.  I lumped my fellow Canadians together in a honest but very simple way.  Again, if you don't like it, no fucks given.

Let me make something crystal clear Azhya, you don't dictate what I say.  You never will either.  I love having people from all over on this forum but I'm not here to pander to your delicate sensibilities.  If you don't like it, you know what to do.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Let me make something crystal clear to you too, RW, nothing you say can or will butt hurt me. After all, I have seen your antics and I am used to it and not surprised by it. I was making my observations about your asshole remarks because you are indeed an asshole at times, in fact, more than some times.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Let me make something crystal clear to you too, RW, nothing you say can or will butt hurt me. After all, I have seen your antics and I am used to it and not surprised by it. I was making my observations about your asshole remarks because you are indeed an asshole at times, in fact, more than some times.

Really Asia?  This is the shit you want to bring to this forum?  I thought you were the little lamb who only turned into a wolf when someone threw the first punch.  There crumbles that bullshit facade.

I will not shrink in the face of your shrieking and I am definitely not the only person on this board who is sick of your judgemental and condescending crap.  Maybe you're due for some reflection time or a nice hot cup of STFU.  Take your pick.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

I did not bring shit to this forum. I was giving you a dose of your own medicine. Now take that and shut up yourself. I'm not the first person to tell you that you can be an asshole. I don't need a break and I am not here as often as some of you are. When I am not here, I am on a break, and you are not telling me what to do.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I did not bring shit to this forum. I was giving you a dose of your own medicine. Now take that and shut up yourself. I'm not the first person to tell you that you can be an asshole. I don't need a break and I am not here as often as some of you are. When I am not here, I am on a break, and you are not telling me what to do.

You clearly want to fight and I'm no longer interested.

Have a nice day.  ac_hithere
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Oh no. Not with you because you are always right, right? I am not interested at all, RW. Just telling you what I think about your comment. Period. That should not bother you at all. Anyway, don't mistake this as wanting to fight because I'm getting ready for bed. It's bedtime for us old folks.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Oh no. Not with you because you are always right, right? I am not interested at all, RW. Just telling you what I think about your comment. Period. That should not bother you at all. Anyway, don't mistake this as wanting to fight because I'm getting ready for bed. It's bedtime for us old folks.

It's not a matter or right or wrong.  It's merely an opinion and believe it or not, Canadians like not being Americans.  It no different than New Zealanders liking not being Aussies.  We are allowed to enjoy our own nationality.  If that makes me an asshole, so be it.

Bonsoir!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Sounds good, Herman. My advisors just reminded me that this is also just a forum and I don't really care what anyone here says so carry on with asshole remarks.

The only asshole remarks I read were in the editorial itself. I was only offended because it was so dishonest. I don't think anyone here has made asshole remarks and that goes for the guy who wrote the original post. I am not likely to change your mind, but I thought I would point it out anyway.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Oh no. Not with you because you are always right, right? I am not interested at all, RW. Just telling you what I think about your comment. Period. That should not bother you at all. Anyway, don't mistake this as wanting to fight because I'm getting ready for bed. It's bedtime for us old folks.

It's not a matter or right or wrong.  It's merely an opinion and believe it or not, Canadians like not being Americans.  It no different than New Zealanders liking not being Aussies.  We are allowed to enjoy our own nationality.  If that makes me an asshole, so be it.

Bonsoir!

You misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about that being a matter of right or wrong. I was saying that in general you are always trying to point out that you are right even when you are not but that's besides tonight's point. I was saying it mockingly. You know me. I know you're not always right. :thumbup:

It has no impact on me if Canadians like not being Americans. Hey, go for it, knock yourselves out. I made a comment here about it but the truth is, in the USA, no one can care less. My comment is mine only and I don't represent "all Americans." Canadian news is not even shown on any American channel. Aw... ac_dunno

:2cdfr50_th:
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Sounds good, Herman. My advisors just reminded me that this is also just a forum and I don't really care what anyone here says so carry on with asshole remarks.

The only asshole remarks I read were in the editorial itself. I was only offended because it was so dishonest. I don't think anyone here has made asshole remarks and that goes for the guy who wrote the original post. I am not likely to change your mind, but I thought I would point it out anyway.

Thanks, Herman.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Thanks, Herman.

ac_drinks

RW

Quote from: "RW"

Bonsoir!

You misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about that being a matter of right or wrong. I was saying that in general you are always trying to point out that you are right even when you are not but that's besides tonight's point. I was saying it mockingly. You know me. I know you're not always right. :thumbup:

It has no impact on me if Canadians like not being Americans. Hey, go for it, knock yourselves out. I made a comment here about it but the truth is, in the USA, no one can care less. My comment is mine only and I don't represent "all Americans." Canadian news is not even shown on any American channel. Aw... ac_dunno

:2cdfr50_th:

If Americans don't care less then why did you call me an asshole?  It obviously bothered you enough to attack me for saying it.

I generally try not to say things that aren't right because that would be stupid but I do admit when I'm wrong.  I always have.

As I've said, I don't make comments based on what will or will not offend you.  If you are offended, that's your problem not mine.

Sweet dreams.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview