News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Do You Give Gifts to Co Workers, Neighbours, Friends?

Started by Anonymous, November 21, 2012, 09:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I bake homemade peanut brittle, fudge, cookies, moulds of chocolate Santas, bells and snowmen and give them as presents.

I buy small Christmas boxes from discount retailers, place them in waxed paper, wrap them and put a card on top.

Most of my colleagues that give gifts usually give a card with maybe a $10 Tim Horton's card inside.

It is not cheap, but it is a tradition I started several years ago and I really enjoy doing it too.

Frost

No gifts to them, I don't even like my neighbors lol

I do give to my friends, and some was at work.

One of my friends is like a brother I got to know at work, he gets about the same gifts as I would get anyone in my family.

Hello Kitty

Quote from: "Fashionista"I bake homemade peanut brittle, fudge, cookies, moulds of chocolate Santas, bells and snowmen and give them as presents.

I buy small Christmas boxes from discount retailers, place them in waxed paper, wrap them and put a card on top.

Most of my colleagues that give gifts usually give a card with maybe a $10 Tim Horton's card inside.

It is not cheap, but it is a tradition I started several years ago and I really enjoy doing it too.

Making diabetic crap is better than thinking isn't it you mentally challenged slope kunt.

Pinay

That's very sweet of you Fashionista ! i wouldn't mind some homemade fudge  :D we should be neighbors  :)  I do give gifts to some close friends, it's been a tradition ...

@realAzhyaAryola

My mother was a great example to me. Every holiday season, she would bake banana bread and give a loaf to the poor neighbors in the woods. We called them the "squatters" because they are occupying land they don't own but since the owners aren't doing anything with the land at the time, they are able to remain on it. After giving those to them, my Mom would make some more for the neighbors and her closest friends. My friends and I do a secret Santa thing and we exchange gifts. We sometimes do that too at work with a limit of $10. per gift. My boss used to give each of us Christmas gifts each year. One year he gave us each a silk scarf. One year he gave us perfume, so on and so forth.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Asian Pride

EU

Anything somebody takes the time to make by themselves always seems to mean a bit more when it's given to me...there were a couple of knit winter sweaters that must have taken a ton of time to make...those and a shell and the chairlift didn't seem so cold.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"My mother was a great example to me. Every holiday season, she would bake banana bread and give a loaf to the poor neighbors in the woods. We called them the "squatters" because they are occupying land they don't own but since the owners aren't doing anything with the land at the time, they are able to remain on it. After giving those to them, my Mom would make some more for the neighbors and her closest friends. My friends and I do a secret Santa thing and we exchange gifts. We sometimes do that too at work with a limit of $10. per gift. My boss used to give each of us Christmas gifts each year. One year he gave us each a silk scarf. One year he gave us perfume, so on and so forth.

I know someone that does that at her workplace too AA.

It seems to work quite well.

Frost

I was just out to the store, and bought two more gifts for my little nephew.

I already have him gifts, but cant help but get more for him  :oops:

Frost

I am done, but you have a kid around you catch yourself looking for them even if you want for q-tips  :lol:

I found myself in kids clothes, and toys looking for his something more.

Frost

I guess that's what love does to you :-) you see something for someone family or not, and you get stuff for them without regret, or thought of something back.

That's what Christmas should be about, not buying because you are suppose to exchange something.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I guess that's what love does to you :-) you see something for someone family or not, and you get stuff for them without regret, or thought of something back.

That's what Christmas should be about, not buying because you are suppose to exchange something.

I love giving gifts much better than receiving them Blue.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]