Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Re: CP Rail To Cut 4.500 Jobs By 2016

Started by Gary Oak, December 05, 2012, 08:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Oak

I guess there won't be any hiring this spring then

Pinay

that's a lot of job cuts  :(  i have friends who work for CP, i hope they keep their jobs ...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pinay"that's a lot of job cuts  :(  i have friends who work for CP, i hope they keep their jobs ...

I hope they do too Pinay.

Do you know where the cuts are going to be made?

Pinay

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Pinay"that's a lot of job cuts  :(  i have friends who work for CP, i hope they keep their jobs ...

I hope they do too Pinay.

Do you know where the cuts are going to be made?

A friend told me that it's across the system but many in the car department ..

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"Those 4,500 jobs represents approximately 25% of their entire workforce.

yes..Harrison is known as a nut cutter in the Rail industry....he is cutting management and worker bees that are redundant as well as selling off rolling stock, yards, real estate etc. that are not profitable...and improving productivity at the same time.....it is funny in a way..this shit is so easy so basic business 101....why is it when someone does it he is considered a revolutionary, a bastard , a really bad guy...when all he is doing is getting rid of the dead wood that has been allowed to pile up as a result of decades of weak and incompetent management who accommodate and insane union demands.....

Too bad we couldn't get any one in government with the same mentality.....or heaven forbid the Dept. of Education