Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

I saw a movie about Terry Fox that brought tears to my eyes

Started by Anonymous, September 21, 2015, 12:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Romero

I can still remember watching him on the news when I was a kid. Every night, nearly everyone would check to see how he was doing.

His death was heartbreaking. The entire country felt like we had lost a family member. If felt so unfair.

Terry wanted to raise just one dollar from every Canadian - 24 million at the time. Now larger than life, he has raised over $600 million and the cure rate for his form of cancer is now 70-80%.

Strong but humble, he could never have imagined what a hero and difference he would become.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I can still remember watching him on the news when I was a kid. Every night, nearly everyone would check to see how he was doing.

His death was heartbreaking. The entire country felt like we had lost a family member. If felt so unfair.

Terry wanted to raise just one dollar from every Canadian - 24 million at the time. Now larger than life, he has raised over $600 million and the cure rate for his form of cancer is now 70-80%.

Strong but humble, he could never have imagined what a hero and difference he would become.

Terry Fox had osteosarcoma..

He got it from a car accident he was in..

What a remarkable person he was.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"It's that time of year for Terry Fox charity runs.

yes

asal

Quote from: "Fashionista"It was called Terry..

A good movie.

Every detail about Terry Fox is sweet.

He is a hero.

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Fashionista"It was called Terry..

A good movie.

Every detail about Terry Fox is sweet.

He is a hero.

I agree asal.