Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

AIDS walk in Vancouver today

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, September 20, 2015, 04:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"Renee, I read a recent study from the USA, I believe it was from the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, which stated that 80% of the AIDS cases are men, primarily the gay community. A similar study in British Columbia Canada indicated that over 90% of the deaths from AIDS were male primarily gay men.

IN BC? Really? I thought heroin junkies would form a large part of AIDS deaths in Vancouver.

J0E

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Frank"Renee, I read a recent study from the USA, I believe it was from the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, which stated that 80% of the AIDS cases are men, primarily the gay community. A similar study in British Columbia Canada indicated that over 90% of the deaths from AIDS were male primarily gay men.

IN BC? Really? I thought heroin junkies would form a large part of AIDS deaths in Vancouver.

That was over 10 years ago. So the figures may have changed.

But in USA, most AIDs cases are from that group:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/">http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/

Son just an estimate 2% of the population cause over 3/4 of the cases.

RW

To promote AIDS as a gay disease would be extremely misleading.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"To promote AIDS as a gay disease would be extremely misleading.

They have come a long way in treating AIDS.

Renee

But that's Frank's thing.

Mr. Troll is on another one of his wild cab (cough) I mean "limo" rides again.  :001_rolleyes:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Frank"
That was over 10 years ago. So the figures may have changed.

Statsfrom a decade ago are Joe's source.

Why would Joe be looking up outdated AIDS stats? He is fixated on all things gay, of course.

Just wonderin' if he wears light loafers
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

J0E

I can tell by Renee's endless mention of her limo fantasies, that what she desperately needs, is a night of luscious sinful fun.

But no need ta worry, Renn, I've counselled & driven many a supersized woman in my past adventures during the dark night.

At first they wee apprehensive to come along, but when I used my effortless charm to get in for a ride, they succumbed.

As for yourself Renn, , I'll soon put you at ease With my smooth driving habits.

Why soon, you'll totally forget who you are.

You'll start acting up thinkin' yer Raquel Welch or somthin'.

I've got a reputation as the Limo Driver with the 'Velvet Touch', y'know.

Anyways, I can jes' see it now, after she sits down in the back of the limo, Renee will start moaning fer more..."More Joe, more! Pump that gas like there's no tomorrow. But do it so slooooowly..."

A dark mysterious adventure awaits you, Renee...

...when you enter the realm....of Joe's Limo....ahhhh!

Quote from: "Renee"

But that's Frank's thing.

Mr. Troll is on another one of his wild cab (cough) I mean "limo" rides again.  :001_rolleyes:

Renee

Quote from: "Frank"I can tell by Renee's endless mention of her limo fantasies, that what she desperately needs, is a night of luscious sinful fun.

But no need ta worry, Renn, I've counselled & driven many a supersized woman in my past adventures during the dark night.

At first they wee apprehensive to come along, but when I used my effortless charm to get in for a ride, they succumbed.

As for yourself Renn, , I'll soon put you at ease With my smooth driving habits.

Why soon, you'll totally forget who you are.

You'll start acting up thinkin' yer Raquel Welch or somthin'.

I've got a reputation as the Limo Driver with the 'Velvet Touch', y'know.

Anyways, I can jes' see it now, after she sits down in the back of the limo, Renee will start moaning fer more..."More Joe, more! Pump that gas like there's no tomorrow. But do it so slooooowly..."

A dark mysterious adventure awaits you, Renee...

...when you enter the realm....of Joe's Limo....ahhhh!

Sorry to disappoint you, Joe but I get car sick why riding in the back of cabs. They all have that weird smell of pine tree air freshener and BO.  :beurk:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

What is wrong with saying AIDS is a disease that predominately affects gay men if the numbers show three quarters or greater of those with AIDS are gay men? I'm not saying that is the case and I know in the third world the majority of AIDS patients are not gay men. But, if it is the case here what is wrong with acknowledging that?

J0E

Quote from: "Renee"Sorry to disappoint you, Joe but I get car sick why riding in the back of cabs. They all have that weird smell of pine tree air freshener and BO.  :beurk:

Ahhh Renee, what misconception doth inexperience maketh.

Unfortuantely, you've mistaken me for Uncle Abdul or his cousin Mufti.

One night in the back of Joe's Limo & you will discover how wrong you've been.

The luxurious vehicles I have driven are more likely to exhude the exquisite fragrance of women - tantalizingly glamorous and beautiful women.

I have driven so many that I can no longer keep count. But the lovelies I have driven never have I forgotten.

One such a beauty was a creature named Alotta. And the scent she left on the passenger seat was unforgettable, Renn.

Renee

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "Renee"Sorry to disappoint you, Joe but I get car sick why riding in the back of cabs. They all have that weird smell of pine tree air freshener and BO.  :beurk:

Ahhh Renee, what misconception doth inexperience maketh.

Unfortuantely, you've mistaken me for Uncle Abdul or his cousin Mufti.

One night in the back of Joe's Limo & you will discover how wrong you've been.

The luxurious vehicles I have driven are more likely to exhude the exquisite fragrance of women - tantalizingly glamorous and beauiful women.

The only fragrance any "women" left in the back of your cab; oops I mean "limo", would be Aquolina Pink Sugar. :laugh3:

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

What is wrong with saying AIDS is a disease that predominately affects gay men if the numbers show three quarters or greater of those with AIDS are gay men? I'm not saying that is the case and I know in the third world the majority of AIDS patients are not gay men. But, if it is the case here what is wrong with acknowledging that?

Because it has an air that straight people can't or won't get it and that's bullshit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"

Because it has an air that straight people can't or won't get it and that's bullshit.

I am not following you? Are you saying that if hetero people say most AIDS patients are gay men there's always something behind it?

Gay Boy Roberto

Nearly 37 million people are now living with HIV.

2.6 million are under the age of 15.

In 2014, an estimated 2 million people were newly infected with HIV.

220,000 were under the age of 15.

Every day about 5,600 people contract HIV—more than 230 every hour.

In 2014, 1.2 million people died from AIDS.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, nearly 78 million people have contracted HIV and close to 39 million have died of AIDS-related causes.

As of March 2015, around 15 million people living with HIV (41% of the total) had access to antiretroviral therapy.

http://www.amfar.org/worldwide-aids-stats/">http://www.amfar.org/worldwide-aids-stats/
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Roberto"Nearly 37 million people are now living with HIV.

2.6 million are under the age of 15.

In 2014, an estimated 2 million people were newly infected with HIV.

220,000 were under the age of 15.

Every day about 5,600 people contract HIV—more than 230 every hour.

In 2014, 1.2 million people died from AIDS.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, nearly 78 million people have contracted HIV and close to 39 million have died of AIDS-related causes.

As of March 2015, around 15 million people living with HIV (41% of the total) had access to antiretroviral therapy.

http://www.amfar.org/worldwide-aids-stats/">http://www.amfar.org/worldwide-aids-stats/

That's a lot of people who have or have died from AIDS. Good to know statistics Roberto. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: