Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Re: Ontario Judge Overturns Shark Fin Ban In Toronto

Started by Vancouver, December 02, 2012, 03:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"So good. Best soup. No ban. It is God's food.

I don't think sharks would see it that way.

Leopardsocks

We have a similar problem here. Local councils trying to play lawmakers, instead of doing their job.

In our case, though, its often because the assholes we vote in at State and Federal Government aren't doing theirs.

EU

I have no problem with people eating animals but at least have the moral fiber to see eating less than .001 per cent of the usable meat from the animal because it symbolizes prestige and wealth and apparently superstitiously in the minds of many, it gets a limp dck hard...that is morally wrong (eat the fin, throw away the good meat, I mean WTF) , that ideology is out dated and that level of wastefulness has no place in a modern society.

Vancouver

We already throw away cow heads. At least the Chinese eat chicken feet. Pig liver and chicken testicles are food. Chinese eat them. Over here we waste more food. We throw away broccoli leaves. Broccoli leaves are edible and very healthy, just like broccoli itself.
Time is malleable

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"We have a similar problem here. Local councils trying to play lawmakers, instead of doing their job.

In our case, though, its often because the assholes we vote in at State and Federal Government aren't doing theirs.

I don't want provincial or federal governments telling me what they think is moral to eat.

Nor I.

But I don't want people killing animals without reason or necessity. I'd rather you go without shark fin soup than see a shark slaughtered for its fin alone. However, I'm not sure that is what happens. Sharks are fished here in Australia for food. I guess the fins go to China.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"We have a similar problem here. Local councils trying to play lawmakers, instead of doing their job.

I don't want provincial or federal governments telling me what they think is moral to eat.

Nor I.

But I don't want people killing animals without reason or necessity. I'd rather you go without shark fin soup than see a shark slaughtered for its fin alone. However, I'm not sure that is what happens. Sharks are fished here in Australia for food. I guess the fins go to China.

from what i read the sharks are caught, the fins cut off and the (still living) shark kicked over the side.....that is not cool and should be verboten........the fact that it is allowed to happen at all is astounding

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"We already throw away cow heads. At least the Chinese eat chicken feet. Pig liver and chicken testicles are food. Chinese eat them. Over here we waste more food. We throw away broccoli leaves. Broccoli leaves are edible and very healthy, just like broccoli itself.

I agree with you VancouverGuy, this a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Who the f*ck are white lefties to talk about waste? The only reason a ban was even proposed by meddling leftist city councils is because it offends white assholes.

Here is a picture of the offended white leftist that wants to ban shark fins in Vancouver.

http://www.vancourier.com/7292312.bin">

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"

Nor I.

from what i read the sharks are caught, the fins cut off and the (still living) shark kicked over the side.....that is not cool and should be verboten........the fact that it is allowed to happen at all is astounding

Agreed. That is thoughtless, cruel bullshit.

Sorry kids...no soup for you....

Zetsu

TBH there's lots of problem with animal slaughtering around the world, but shark finning is kind of cruel to just cut off the fin and dump it back into the ocean for it to bleed to death or struggle to survive.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"TBH there's lots of problem with animal slaughtering around the world, but shark finning is kind of cruel to just cut off the fin and dump it back into the ocean for it to bleed to death or struggle to survive.

In a proper harvest, endangered species are not hunted and the carcass is used. Personally, I could care less if I ever had another serving of it. I agree with you, it is overrated. However, the idea of lefty city councils dictating what adults may eat is far worse IMHO.

It's true there's more important things to deal with, but just saying they could still improve their hunting methods with sharks, I'm sure there could be some use for the rest of the body.

Vancouver

What about people who hunt bears. It's not like anyone eat bear meat. They just want their skin and paws and dump the rest.
Time is malleable

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"
In a proper harvest, endangered species are not hunted and the carcass is used. Personally, I could care less if I ever had another serving of it. I agree with you, it is overrated. However, the idea of lefty city councils dictating what adults may eat is far worse IMHO.

It's true there's more important things to deal with, but just saying they could still improve their hunting methods with sharks, I'm sure there could be some use for the rest of the body.

Sharks are harvested for more than just their fins.

Supplements / alternative medicine

(Shark cartilage & liver oil)

Shark Cartilage pills

Shark Cartilage powder

Energy drinks & supplements

Shark liver oil pills

Manta gill rakers

Cosmetics

Squalene/Squalane (Shark Liver Oil)

Lotions, Deodorants

Sunscreen

Medicinal creams

Vaccines Lip balms, lipstick Face cream Cosmetics

Steaks / fillets (shark & ray) Shark Meat

Fish & Chips

Thresher, Mako Steaks

Rock salmon

White fish fillets

Skin/Leather (also known as Shagreen)

Wallets, Purses

Shoes

Furniture

Other Leather Products

Shark Souvenirs (Teeth, Jaws, Skin)

Jewelry (if it isn't a fossil, don't buy it.)

Pet products Food Chews Supplements

Imitation crab, lobster, shrimp Surimi often includes shark

It's nice there's still a lot of use for sharks, I'm just against the people that only take the fin.

Zetsu

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"What about people who hunt bears. It's not like anyone eat bear meat. They just want their skin and paws and dump the rest.

You do have a good point, I just see it the same as shark fin hunting.

EU

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy" Broccoli leaves are edible and very healthy, just like broccoli itself.

Ya their called collards...white folk got the top of the plant and the slaves got the collards and ground up husks of corn after the kernels were removed...listen this is not the only thing illegal to eat in Canada...go out in a boat, get some abalone, transport it in your car and then admit it to the DFO...lose your car and boat for a while to be sure and a frickin hefty fine...Bear paws...nope can't legally chow down on those either unless you got the guts to go out there yourself...but I'd advise some shooting tips with Sonny before the hunt, that way when the bear paw hunter steps out of a Lexus to hunt bear, maybe he won't just wound the bear and make him really fckin mad. Nothing worse than a wounded bear.