Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

"Always Go to Other People’s Funerals, Otherwise They Won’t Come to Yours"

Started by Renee, September 23, 2015, 09:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

[size=150]Yogi Berra, Master Catcher With a Goofy Wit, Dies at 90[/size]

:sad: "It ain't over till it's over".

Yogi Berra, one of baseball's greatest catchers and characters, who as a player was a mainstay of 10 Yankee championship teams and as a manager led both the Yankees and Mets to the World Series — but who may be more widely known as an ungainly but lovable cultural figure, inspiring a cartoon character and issuing a seemingly limitless supply of unwittingly witty epigrams known as Yogi-isms — died Tuesday. He was 90.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/yogi-berra-master-catcher-with-a-goofy-wit-dies-at-90/ar-AAeEWR5?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=mailsignout">http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/yog ... ailsignout">http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/yogi-berra-master-catcher-with-a-goofy-wit-dies-at-90/ar-AAeEWR5?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=mailsignout
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
I don't know a lot about professional baseball, but I have heard of Yogi Berra.

Anonymous

Bricktop

Wasn't he a bear that stole picnic baskets?

Either way, who gives a fuck about the death of an American sport personality? There's only three of you here anyway.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Wasn't he a bear that stole picnic baskets?

Either way, who gives a fuck about the death of an American sport personality? There's only three of you here anyway.

No he wasn't a bear and since there is a posted link to an article about who he was, your question was twice as stupid as it should have been.

You may go back to watching cartoons now.  :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Bricktop

I cannot imagine what you would link to that is remotely of interest to members of the civilised world. As you imply it pertains to an American baseballer with a fucking stupid name, I have about as much inclination to read about it as I would to read about your latest weight loss program.

Put another way...I don't NEED to read it.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I cannot imagine what you would link to that is remotely of interest to members of the civilised world. As you imply it pertains to an American baseballer with a fucking stupid name, I have about as much inclination to read about it as I would to read about your latest weight loss program.

I'm sorry if baseball isn't of interest to you. Nobody forced your old ass to comment anyway. It doesn't surprise me that it would be on no interest to you since you come from a place where your national sport is becoming the biggest bunch of arrogant twats on the planet.

Besides you fucking dipshit, American baseball is not just of interest to Americans. Some Canadians follow it as well, especially since they do have a proffession team in the American League. By my reckoning, as it pertains to baseball, it's you roo fuckers that are of the distinct minority.

What is it you clowns play....cricket? Maybe I should have posted something about a dead cricket player but does anyone even know the name of one?

BTW, your avie is quite fitting for you; a creature that is one of the dumbest fur bearing vertebrates in the animal kingdom while having the distinction of feeding it's offspring the discharge from its own asshole. That has your name all over it. ac_toofunny

cc

Go fuck yourself and your annoying sig images

Yogi was always in my top 3 favorite persons in the whole wide world

If Oz had such superb personalities in any profession, I'd like them too

Deja Vu, It's Renee & cc All Over Again  ac_biggrin
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I cannot imagine what you would link to that is remotely of interest to members of the civilised world. As you imply it pertains to an American baseballer with a fucking stupid name, I have about as much inclination to read about it as I would to read about your latest weight loss program.

I'm sorry if baseball isn't of interest to you. Nobody forced your old ass to comment anyway. It doesn't surprise me that it would be on no interest to you since you come from a place where your national sport is becoming the biggest bunch of arrogant twats on the planet.

Besides you fucking dipshit, American baseball is not just of interest to Americans. Some Canadians follow it as well, especially since they do have a proffession team in the American League. By my reckoning, as it pertains to baseball, it's you roo fuckers that are of the distinct minority.

What is it you clowns play....cricket? Maybe I should have posted something about a dead cricket player but does anyone even know the name of one?

BTW, your avie is quite fitting for you; a creature that is one of the dumbest fur bearing vertebrates in the animal kingdom while having the distinction of feeding it's offspring the discharge from its own asshole. That has your name all over it. ac_toofunny

Let's see.

Australian plays international cricket. More nations name cricket as their national sport than baseball. You can have the canucks. They are fucking useless at sport that doesn't involve sub zero temperatures and lots of ice anyway.

Australia plays international rugby. More nations name rugby as their national game than American "football".

Australia plays soccer. It has been in the last 2 world cup playoffs.

And not only are we fucking champions at most of those sports, we also have our own national game that no other nation has the balls to even attempt. We don't wear armour. We have full body contact tackling. We play on a ground 200 metres long, and we play 30 minutes per quarter, for 4 quarters a game. It does not stop to allow one group of fat goons to change places with another bunch of fat goons. It averages around 20 goals per game.

So who gives a fuck about a lameass baseballer.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc la femme"

My sig images are fine, thanks.

If you nominate a fucking BASEBALLER as one of your top three, you're shallower than a redneck family gene pool.

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

Koalas are also full on drug addicts, Renee.

">https://youtu.be/9RowVtHqpCc

">https://youtu.be/OIDJQuEMdS8

Fluffy little junkies!  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I though this would be a funnies thread. I have heard the name Yogi Berra, but little about the man himself. Good to know stuff Renee. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

cc

If you nominate a fucking BASEBALLER as one of your top three, you're shallower than a redneck family gene pool.

No, they are childish / stupid / distracting / moronic and make a great site  appear hokey

Why does profession matter to you? A superior person / human  is a superior person / human , period

..... although clearly your silly FOOTBALLERS  are unlikely to reach that level

Now shut the fuck up about things you know the square root of fuck all about and go screw a roo

"If you come to a fork in the road. Take it!!" ... YB ..   ac_smile

Bricktop

No, they are childish / stupid / distracting / moronic and make a great site  appear hokey

Why does profession matter to you? A superior person / human  is a superior person / human , period

..... although clearly your silly FOOTBALLERS  are unlikely to reach that level

Now shut the fuck up about things you know the square root of fuck all about and go screw a roo

"If you come to a fork in the road. Take it!!" ... YB ..   ac_smile

He's superior because he played with a bat and ball?

Do you worship movie stars too?

The thing that makes this site appear hokey, blossom, is people like you and L'il Lotta posting fawning testimonials over a little known sportsman who probably made more money than he deserved entertaining the slack jawed, popcorn scoffing, beer guzzling Americans who think a good guy is someone who can hit the ball "outta tha park".

If he had any brains, he would have had a real job.