Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

"Always Go to Other People’s Funerals, Otherwise They Won’t Come to Yours"

Started by Renee, September 23, 2015, 09:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

If you can get paid a mint to play sports, I'd say you have brains all right.  I mean hell, these guys are paid to toss a ball around!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Wasn't he a bear that stole picnic baskets?

Either way, who gives a fuck about the death of an American sport personality? There's only three of you here anyway.

Go fuck yourself and your annoying sig images

Yogi was always in my top 3 favorite persons in the whole wide world

If Oz had such superb personalities in any profession, I'd like them too

Deja Vu, It's Renee & cc All Over Again  ac_biggrin

My sig images are fine, thanks.

If you nominate a fucking BASEBALLER as one of your top three, you're shallower than a redneck family gene pool.

Your signatures are typical of your hypocrisy. From Disney to your current Hellraiser sig, it shows your fascination with American entertainment which BTW, you never miss a chance to criticize as an export of those horrible American values. If you are going to go around like 20 pounds of shit stuffed into a 10 pound bag you could at least not be so obvious about it.

You're an idiot and you don't even have the slightest clue but most idiots don't have a clue. I guess that's what makes them idiots.

BTW, cricket is for fags. It's only played were British colonial rule took hold and forced their tea drinking, stuffed shirt, ways down the throats of the occupied nation. That way you pompous gas bags could do your duty your to your inbred king and country and turn all the little naked savages into proper Englishmen.  :negative:

Go fuck yourself you pompous bore. Funny how that seems to be a recurring sentiment across this forum when it comes to you. If you have half a brain you might start asking yourself why that is.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"I cannot imagine what you would link to that is remotely of interest to members of the civilised world. As you imply it pertains to an American baseballer with a fucking stupid name, I have about as much inclination to read about it as I would to read about your latest weight loss program.

Put another way...I don't NEED to read it.

I'm sorry if baseball isn't of interest to you. Nobody forced your old ass to comment anyway. It doesn't surprise me that it would be on no interest to you since you come from a place where your national sport is becoming the biggest bunch of arrogant twats on the planet.

Besides you fucking dipshit, American baseball is not just of interest to Americans. Some Canadians follow it as well, especially since they do have a proffession team in the American League. By my reckoning, as it pertains to baseball, it's you roo fuckers that are of the distinct minority.

What is it you clowns play....cricket? Maybe I should have posted something about a dead cricket player but does anyone even know the name of one?

BTW, your avie is quite fitting for you; a creature that is one of the dumbest fur bearing vertebrates in the animal kingdom while having the distinction of feeding it's offspring the discharge from its own asshole. That has your name all over it. ac_toofunny

Let's see.

Australian plays international cricket. More nations name cricket as their national sport than baseball. You can have the canucks. They are fucking useless at sport that doesn't involve sub zero temperatures and lots of ice anyway.

Australia plays international rugby. More nations name rugby as their national game than American "football".

Australia plays soccer. It has been in the last 2 world cup playoffs.

And not only are we fucking champions at most of those sports, we also have our own national game that no other nation has the balls to even attempt. We don't wear armour. We have full body contact tackling. We play on a ground 200 metres long, and we play 30 minutes per quarter, for 4 quarters a game. It does not stop to allow one group of fat goons to change places with another bunch of fat goons. It averages around 20 goals per game.

So who gives a fuck about a lameass baseballer.

Cricket and rugby, MEH, both British sports that have sweet fuck all to do with you roo fuckers. I guess while you were marooned on that lump of sand and red clay you had to figure out something to do while you were not being eaten by crocs, spiders and flies.

BTW, the US routinely whips your subhuman asses in women's international softball which is kinda funny considering the average Aussie woman is more masculine and has more balls than the men. ac_toofunny

Just sayin.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

cc

You don't even need to be a baseball fan to appreciate Yogi Berra's unbeatable genius. His colorful sayings, known as "Yogisms," turned clichés into hilarious parodies of themselves.

Despite being nonsensical for the most part, they still make a certain skewed sense.

http://yogiberramuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/yogiism-e1433592750435.jpg">

"If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be."

"It's déjà vu all over again."

"When you come to a fork in the road ... take it."

"It ain't over till it's over."

"I want to thank you for making this day necessary."

"I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four."

"It ain't the heat; it's the humility."

"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

"The future ain't what it used to be."

"If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them."

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

"If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be."

"You can observe a lot by watching."

"Pair up in threes."

"It gets late early out here."

"Nobody ever goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

"Never answer an anonymous letter."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

"Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else."

"I didn't really say everything I said."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

Thank you cc.

I'm waaaay too young to have ever seen Yogi play live and I'm not even barely old enough to really remember him as a coach and manager AND I'm about as far from a Yankee fan as you can get. But when I made the decision to play the catchers position for my softball career in HS and college it was Yogi's playing style that I most tried to emulate. He was short like me, he was stocky like me, he was hard nosed and obstinate.....like me ac_biggrin . His was one tough little bastard. Those were the days where a doubleheader was a real doubleheader. Relief for pitchers was rare and a catcher as long as he was healthy, not only squatted behind the plate for 9 innings but for the following 9 as well. You're talking the possibility of 18 full innings in a squat ready to jump up and make a play at a moments notice while keeping his pitcher under control and keeping track of EVERYTHING that is happening on the field. Anybody who has ever played that position and played it right, will tell you that on average after about 6 or 7 innings your knees are screaming and once that pain sets in you start to lose control of shit. It is the toughest position to play in baseball or softball. Anyone that can do what Berra could do on the field and as well as he did it, has my undying respect.

I watched hours of old films of him behind the plate and the more I watched the more I realized he was a baseball playing genius. He was born to it.  He was one of a kind in the game and unlike a lot of his contemporaries, he was not only brilliant behind the plate but he was just as brilliant at bat. Only Del Crandall of the Braves or Del Rice of the Cardinals and Roy Campanella of the Dodgers even attempted to come close. All you have to look at his record and his stats and you can see how amazing he was.

And as good as he was on the field he was just as good off. He was a regular guy who came from humble roots. Just like a lot of the players of his era, he was totally uncomfortable with his position as a celebrity. This was an era where during the regular season the NY players rode the trains and subway with the fans, to and from practice or to the field on game day. In the off season a lot of them who weren't big names took regular jobs to keep the lights on. It was a different time. Even players like Berra weren't making salaries that were out of control. The huge grotesque contracts that sports figures get today didn't come into existence until free agency was established in the late 1960s and early 70s. When Berra retired he was making somewhere in the mid 60s, the average American was probably making 12 thousand a year. So what is that; a little more than a 50 thousand dollar difference, per year?.......what's the difference in salaries today, it's completely out of control?

I don't know how you feel about but I think that every time we lose one of the old time greats like Berra, a little bit of the game dies as well. To be honest I have a lot of contempt for most sports figures today. A lot of them are nothing but spoiled brats with an over the top sense of entitlement especially when you really examine what they actually provide as a commodity. The old timers, like Berra,....they were the real deal. Today especially in baseball, the players are nothing but shadows of what once was.

cc

Yes. Renee. I have studied him also. If you have not already done so, you need to examine his calling of Don Larsen's perfect game in World Series

and Yogi's classic run to and jump onto the huge  Larsen from the millsecond the final strike hit his glove (A smaller Larsen and / or a larger Yogi would have killed the man, but he was so big and Yogi so small it didn't even slow him down lol)

An image of the hug made its way to the Library of Congress, the moment was so famous. Asked what he remembered about the game, Berra once said that, because Larsen needed only 97 pitches to complete his perfecto:

No walks, no errors, no hits -- 97 pitches to perfection. Larsen threw them all and Yogi called them all

"There was never any time to be nervous."

The Yankees went on to win the Series in seven games, with Berra finishing as the hitting star. Larsen won the Series' MVP though, and nobody has equaled his perfection in a World Series game. Larsen, 86, survives Berra.

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/larsen1956.jpg">

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADvWhMnDgEE

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes. Renee. I have studied him also. If you have not already done so, you need to examine his calling of Don Larsen's perfect game in World Series

and Yogi's classic run to and jump onto the huge  Larsen from the millsecond the final strike hit his glove (A smaller Larsen and / or a larger Yogi would have killed the man, but he was so big and Yogi so small it didn't even slow him down lol)

An image of the hug made its way to the Library of Congress, the moment was so famous. Asked what he remembered about the game, Berra once said that, because Larsen needed only 97 pitches to complete his perfecto:

No walks, no errors, no hits -- 97 pitches to perfection. Larsen threw them all and Yogi called them all

"There was never any time to be nervous."

The Yankees went on to win the Series in seven games, with Berra finishing as the hitting star. Larsen won the Series' MVP though, and nobody has equaled his perfection in a World Series game. Larsen, 86, survives Berra.

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/larsen1956.jpg">

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADvWhMnDgEE
You like your baseball cc la femme?

cc

Yes, to an extent I do. I played softball for high school team so understand the nuances of the game but not a great watcher of it except for playoffs and series

I heard Yogi on  a TV show, fell in love with the ugly bastard and so studied up on him.

The love passed the further tests and remains forever ... a personality + a precious humility like I have never seen before

I then got a video of that perfect game he called to tie the series, then of the final game he won almost single highhandedly to cement things between us, lol

I so respect those who deliver when the need is great. I've never known an athlete who could do that like him. I attribute it to his outstanding personality and character

If only we had more like him as mentors for kids the world would become a better place, sigh

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes, to an extent I do. I played softball for high school team so understand the nuances of the game but not a great watcher of it except for playoffs and series

I heard Yogi on  a TV show, fell in love with the ugly bastard and so studied up on him.

The love passed the further tests and remains forever ... a personality + a precious humility like I have never seen before

I then got a video of that perfect game he called to tie the series, then of the final game he won almost single highhandedly to cement things between us, lol

I so respect those who deliver when the need is great. I've never known an athlete who could do that like him. I attribute it to his outstanding personality and character

If only we had more like him as mentors for kids the world would become a better place, sigh

He is the type of guy you want to have beer with by the sounds of it.

cc

absolutely so!!!!!!!!

and I'm guessin he was a beer, not champagne kinda guy

Renee

Quote from: "cc la femme"absolutely so!!!!!!!!

and I'm guessin he was a beer, not champagne kinda guy

Ballentine ale  :beurk:  :laugh3:

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"

Your signatures are typical of your hypocrisy. From Disney to your current Hellraiser sig, it shows your fascination with American entertainment which BTW, you never miss a chance to criticize as an export of those horrible American values. If you are going to go around like 20 pounds of shit stuffed into a 10 pound bag you could at least not be so obvious about it.

You're an idiot and you don't even have the slightest clue but most idiots don't have a clue. I guess that's what makes them idiots.

BTW, cricket is for fags. It's only played were British colonial rule took hold and forced their tea drinking, stuffed shirt, ways down the throats of the occupied nation. That way you pompous gas bags could do your duty your to your inbred king and country and turn all the little naked savages into proper Englishmen.  :negative:

Go fuck yourself you pompous bore. Funny how that seems to be a recurring sentiment across this forum when it comes to you. If you have half a brain you might start asking yourself why that is.

Once again, Fatbrain displays her rather typical American level ignorance.

"Hellraiser" was written by Clive Barker. He is English, you dumber-than-a-donut dirigible.

Whether or not you need to be gay to play cricket (I would LOVE to see YOU stand at a crease with a bat in hand whilst a fast bowler hurls a solid ball at you at around 100 mph), the fact is that cricket is a global sport. As is rugby and soccer. And we are in the top tier in all of them.

As you raised the issue, yes, its true that England did indeed civilise and improve a large contingent of the world. It seems it failed in only one.

Can you guess which?

Renee

You are a fucking joker and an idiot. Clive Barker may be English but the Hellraise movie franchise is owned and distributed by New World Pictures who's headquarters is in Atlanta Georgia. It matters not the nationality of the producer or anyone else working on the film because the distribution comes out of Hollywood and the profits go to a US based company.

Once again I have to school your idiotic wrinkled ass on the reality of your hypocrisy.

As for seeing me hit a bounced rubber ball  :laugh: with what amounts to a canoe paddle, it ain't going to happen. But I can tell you this, you uncoordinated geek, I've hit more 75 mph fast pitch softballs and more than my share of hardballs with an actual BAT than you have hairs in your big flappy old man ears. Any time you want to compare athletic careers or abilities I suggest you make a point of stopping by the next time you are in the US. You have an open invitation to have your old ass whipped and humiliated by me any time. Hopefully your healthcare insurance covers you when you are outside your fly infested shithole because you will no doubt need and ambulance to carry your crusty ass off the field. :laugh3:

BTW, the fastest recorded bowl in cricket is 100.2 mph, most are around 85 mph and that's in very high levels of play. Hell, that's barely breaking ball speeds in HS baseball and fast pitch softball speeds. I'm pretty sure I can handle it without too much trouble. ac_biggrin

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"You are a fucking joker and an idiot. Clive Barker may be English but the Hellraise movie franchise is owned and distributed by New World Pictures who's headquarters is in Atlanta Georgia. It matters not the nationality of the producer or anyone else working on the film because the distribution comes out of Hollywood and the profits go to a US based company.

Once again I have to school your idiotic wrinkled ass on the reality of your hypocrisy.

As for seeing me hit a bounced rubber ball  :laugh: with what amounts to a canoe paddle, it ain't going to happen. But I can tell you this, you uncoordinated geek, I've hit more 75 mph fast pitch softballs and more than my share of hardballs with an actual BAT than you have hairs in your big flappy old man ears. Any time you want to compare athletic careers or abilities I suggest you make a point of stopping by the next time you are in the US. You have an open invitation to have your old ass whipped and humiliated by me any time. Hopefully your healthcare insurance covers you when you are outside your fly infested shithole because you will no doubt need and ambulance to carry your crusty ass off the field. :laugh3:

BTW, the fastest recorded bowl in cricket is 100.2 mph, most are around 85 mph and that's in very high levels of play. Hell, that's barely breaking ball speeds in HS baseball and fast pitch softball speeds. I'm pretty sure I can handle it without too much trouble. ac_biggrin

I see the stupidity is increasing in America.

Watch this...and remember, helmets are a relatively NEW piece of equipment in cricket.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIqBCikoRyc&spfreload=10

The cricket ball is hard, unlike your soft head. Its the size of a tennis ball, not a watermelon, and WILL break bones if it hits you. Please also note; when the batsman gets hit, the bowler turns and goes back to have another shot. It is NOT a signal for the batsman to run after the bowler with violence in mind, or for the fielders to run in and beat the snot out of each other, a la basebrawl. Remember, in cricket, it is permissible to aim at the batsman, because he is usually standing in front of the stumps. He gets hit, its tough luck for him. Your wimps throw the ball at a plate, with the batsman standing to one side. He gets hit, he gets a FREE walk!!!

I will happily compare my sporting history with yours; broken arm, dislocated elbow and shoulder, broken nose, broken fingers, concussion and 3 knee operations. Thats from playing AFL.

Should I have the misfortune to travel to your shooting gallery of a nation, a highly unlikely event, I'd be happy to stop by. At 64, I'd still whoop you to even further humiliation at any sport you wish. Except fried chicken devouring or donut tossing.

I conceded to your greater experience and expertise in those activities.

Bricktop

I must concede, however, that baseball outfits must be more comfortable in summer...

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/gay-baseball-e1271869257262.jpg">