The best topic

Replies: 10534
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:49:51 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Cyrus

Definition of Political Correctness

Started by RW, September 23, 2015, 04:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Moderating assholes is being PC?

BUAHAHAHAHA!
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Romero"What boat load?

Why are Odi and Mel not allowed on the main forum?

Come on Ro.  Don't play dumb.

Odi and Mel are up in RR because they are distruptive trolls and we actually moderate that type of thing here.

Got a problem with that?

Only a few weeks ago, Romero was a mod, no?

Why ask a question he should already know the answer to?

Trolling, Romero??

He doesn't like us pointing out the obvious.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "Romero"What boat load?

Why are Odi and Mel not allowed on the main forum?

You know better than anyone why their up in RR Romero what the hell!!!

Bricktop

Personally, I do not subscribe to, and reject completely, the concept of "political correctness".

I agree with some of the sentiments above, that "PC" is actually a self imposed myth, in part imposed by ideological zealots of the left, including racial minorities, gays, feminists and multi-cultis.

That does not mean, however, that I believe it is permissible to speak in an insulting or deliberately offensive manner. I do not support the view that it is OK to call muslims going about their daily business "sand niggers", or "terrorists". However, I DO believe that declaring islam an anti-western, dangerous and deceitful religion is perfectly acceptable, regardless of who is offended.

It is wrong to offend ONE person. It is NOT wrong to offend a nationality, religion, culture or group.

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Moderating assholes is being PC?

BUAHAHAHAHA!

There's also the "Fire Walkers" sub-forum, where free speech gets sent to its room!

J0E

Quote from: "Romero"Nope! I just wanted to point out another example of your political correctness.

Funny how the people who complain the most about political correctness are the most politically correct of all!

I wonder why Romero loves political correctness so much?

Does it validate his existence?

Romero

RW

Quote from: "Romero"

BUAHAHAHAHA!

There's also the "Fire Walkers" sub-forum, where free speech gets sent to its room!

It's where flamers can have their moments.  Do you have a problem with that?

You realise free speech isn't the same as political correctness eh?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Seems not ^^

Seems Querky doesn't know the difference between PC, genuine human  decency and deliberate stupidity

WTF is this "Noam says"???  I spit my coffee on that one
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Isn't Chomsky a poster boy for the leftards?

Anonymous

I don't do political correctness very well. Twenty nine years in the oilpatch means pc didn't stand a chance with me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Romero"

BUAHAHAHAHA!

It's where flamers can have their moments.  Do you have a problem with that?

You realise free speech isn't the same as political correctness eh?

They are different RW..

I try to be politically correct in that I a try to be careful not to offend anyone deliberately..

The people in RR disrupt and derail free speech with thread bombing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I don't do political correctness very well. Twenty nine years in the oilpatch means pc didn't stand a chance with me.

I don't care if you don't Herman..

Please keep doing what you do so well here.

ac_smile

Romero

Quote from: "cc la femme"Seems not ^^

Seems Querky doesn't know the difference between PC, genuine human  decency and deliberate stupidity

WTF is this "Noam says"???  I spit my coffee on that one

Of course you would claim your political correctness isn't political correctness!

But it is. The definition of political correctness is being so easily offended over one measly word. Even if you're so easily offended by some measly word because of... hmm... personal reasons, perhaps?

RW

I actually do have a problem with the word "retard".  I understand how it became a derogatory word towards the mentally handicapped (or whatever the PC term is these days) so we were told to stop using it to describe the mentally handicapped.  Fine.  So now we use it as an insult towards those who are not mentally handicapped as we morphed the word to mean, but we aren't allowed to do that either.   :2r4ml1j_th:
Beware of Gaslighters!