Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:04:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

A

Strong Support for Niqab ban at Citizenship Ceremonies

Started by Anonymous, September 24, 2015, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiel

I fully support a ban on niqabs while taking the citizenship oath.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jimmy LaSalvia"I fully support a ban on niqabs while taking the citizenship oath.

Hi Jimmy LaSalvia..

ac_hithere

I disagree, but it's nice to see you here again.

ac_smile

cc

Taking the oath is such a tiny part of it al and speaks to an overall problem that has no place here.

Miss the point or what?

Face covers of any kind have no place in Canada in ANY situation.

The fact that it is to protect male dominance (i.e. misogyny) over women and to make  them lower class citizens controlled by males makes if even more heinous.

Amazingly and against all that Canada supposedly stands for,  it  allows people to bring and practice such  medieval / women demeaning / male control driven practices at ANY time, much less for this isolated situation

By allowing such a medieval "controlling" travesty to exist within our borders at all, anywhere at any time,  Canada has  sold out what it claims to stand for. When push comes to shove, clearly human rights have no meaning or place here ,
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The niqab and burka belong in the eighth century along with the rest of Islam.

Lance Leftardashian

All ceremonies have histories that go back to earlier times.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"All ceremonies have histories that go back to earlier times.

:crazy:

cc

He got the point .. but he didn't get the point

ac_smile

Makes sense with this typical illogical leftloon characteristic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"He got the point .. but he didn't get the point

ac_smile

Makes sense with this typical illogical leftloon characteristic

If Lance has a point, he is not communicating it well.

cc

Lance is our resident wannabe imam in disguise  ... here to protect islam from itself, as he always has been

RW

I thought it was Gary Oak hiding like the little paranoid pussy he is.

cc, how do you counter the argument regarding retaining women's freedom to choose what they wear?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Frank"

So I'll give my take. From a male viewpoint, I think the veil which covers the face and even the hair in Islam is an ugly garment. Even though some Muslim women claim that it 'liberates' them, it seems so oppressive.

Because they dont know any better...they are taught from a young age that this is the correct thing to do.   Just like muslim boys see their fathers act all controlling and violent while growing up.  To them this is "normal".  These boys will grow up to be angry and violent while the girls accept it and continue to be brainwashed how this veil is a "good thing".

Im seeing it as an excuse to NOTwant to obey the law (and not having to do with religion or culture) i believe deep down they enjoy being abusive, controlling assholes, as is more fun.  Threatening and shooting guns gives them a power trip and makes their smelly cocks hard while they grin and show a mouthful for crooked yellow and brown teeth.

They have no idea we can all live a normal life by controlling our urges and behaviour and act like civilized human beings.

RW

Quote from: "RW"I thought it was Gary Oak hiding like the little paranoid pussy he is.

cc, how do you counter the argument regarding retaining women's freedom to choose what they wear?

cc, HALP!  This is a hot topic where I'm currently at and although I think I'm making adequate points, I'm wondering if you can guide me worh a few counterpoints on the whole women's freedom of choice point and what we are accomplishing by taking that away.

I've already been called racist in the course of discussions haha.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I thought it was Gary Oak hiding like the little paranoid pussy he is.

For me, having lived in the Middle East and having some knowledge of the language and culture, but little of the religion, my opinions are formed from what I saw. Wearing those covers is anything but a real choice. Besides, why should anyone be allowed to wear anything that would conceal their identity in the public sphere?

Anonymous

This is becoming a slippery slope. Banning head scarves in the day to day federal civil service is being trial floated.